bludski

RHS terrains. RHSKATYA, RHSPKL, RHSVIDDA

Seeing all the pictures and vids from Trident Juncture ....a nordic map would also be really cool ...hahahaha

• Like 2

• Like 12

pics:

Spoiler

You guys like pics right?

toIktsP.jpg

EZIPTMQ.jpg

iq9b6OV.jpg

qlAe64L.jpg

HMUy7oy.jpg

LKkzk6M.jpg

YWTXodY.jpg

20HntYn.jpg

9qFv8yT.jpg

GOhGaXU.jpg

AysDLlI.jpg

W1k2wQa.jpg

jhG0n85.jpg

6PbRkfb.jpg

i7P2Wjb.jpg

ILJdrwJ.jpg

One of these days there might appear a new download link or something in one of these posts..

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

• Like 5

Ah it's nice to see PKL getting some love! Looking forward to make some more Nam mission on this.

On 04/12/2018 at 5:42 PM, bludski said:

Also, is it just me or did that AI just crossed the bridge without any problem???!!!??? I thought this was impossible in Arma. Besides that, the AI seems to be driving without any problem, was there any AI mod involved in this video or just vanilla, cause I don't remember ever seeing an AI drive as well as that. Anyhow, great work!

Edited by R0adki11
no need to quote videos
  • Like 2

Can’t wait to play!

Have you worked on the huts at all?  I noticed a significant performance decrease between the last update, which saw foliage being tamed back and a big improvement on the roads.  But any of the civilian areas my fps tanks way worse than the last iteration, an easy 5 fps difference with same mission.  Only thing I can think of is the huts.

I do play 4K and I thought it was just vram maxing out(gtx 960 4gb sli, not really by choice, the bit mining community stole all the good GPUs this time last year).  But I jumped on a 1070ti Black Friday deal, and while performance is much better (up 7.5 gbs vram usage in some instances, stuttering gone!), the frames are still terrible in the civilian sectors.

Buildings will be improved by someone in RHS at some point.They are still prototype placeholders. If they make it into the next update.. nobody knows.

Some more pics:

Spoiler

BiGVdZ4.jpg

SswuBNq.jpg

3axntLn.jpg

mGem4MO.jpg

mUayTDJ.jpg

When this valley is done.. I might do final adjustments and put out the update.. Maybe.

• Like 14

Closer now... bunch more pics in here:

Spoiler

QfdFwCC.jpg

DQBNKeq.jpg

iApavHm.jpg

fHGoPui.jpg

118o4Bp.jpg

iG5RBHh.jpg

haB5PFq.jpg

2EIGmKI.jpg

L1yP9d5.jpg

Lgoc95I.jpg

1pwqxsc.jpg

55VFO2Q.jpg

hSizPg9.jpg

CWnSnoa.jpg

YOxvR6W.jpg

Not sure when.. Just soonish.

• Like 7

Looks amazing!

Just a short request but not sure this is possible.  Can you make lighting look more like pre 1.60 visual upgrade? I know some maps have managed that but not sure how it's done.

Regardless I look forward to your release!

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, nikiforos said:

Looks amazing!

Just a short request but not sure this is possible.  Can you make lighting look more like pre 1.60 visual upgrade? I know some maps have managed that but not sure how it's done.

Thanks..

Eh. No. That is pretty much the last thing I would ever do.

Me too actually ;) Then I can not look at it any more for a long time.

Here is a gallery with more images if you guys are interested: https://imgur.com/a/h8XtVKj

I will have more info soon.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, nikiforos said:

Looks amazing!

just a liitle offtop

what maps you mean?

4 hours ago, Rhyder_Morra said:

just a liitle offtop

what maps you mean?

Lythium and Neuville from IFA terrains you can cleary see the difference in the lighting in the video.

@bludski without harassing you, could you specify an approximate time for the release of PKL update?

Because I probably have to rewrite the complete multiplayer mission on our server.

5 hours ago, ZN Anhor said:

@bludski without harassing you, could you specify an approximate time for the release of PKL update?

Because I probably have to rewrite the complete multiplayer mission on our server.

Please don't ask for release dates, its considered a form of spam on these forums. Updates will be released when they are ready and not before. After all addon making is a hobby.

• Like 2

On 15. 12. 2018 at 5:16 PM, nikiforos said:

Lythium and Neuville from IFA terrains you can cleary see the difference in the lighting in the video.

imho those two maps have horrible lighting compared to vanilla.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Fanatic72 said:

most ifa3 maps have horrible lighting so not that big of a surprise

19 hours ago, Fanatic72 said:

Lythium is made by the FFAA mod team not IFA terrains!

4 hours ago, mannmitmaske said:

most ifa3 maps have horrible lighting so not that big of a surprise

Most IFA3 have been ported from IFA so they will be all work in progress, perhaps offer to help them to make them better. 

16 minutes ago, Marine CookCae said:

Lythium is made by the FFAA mod team not IFA terrains!

Perhaps we can return to the topic in hand.

• Thanks 1

Xmas poll for my followers who don't have anything better to do during the xmas time except browse forums:

If you've followed my stuff the last few years you might have noticed xmas time is when I normally chuck out some experiments that may or may not turn into actual terrains...

Toying with some ideas you know.. What would be cooler?

• Like 3

I've been looking forward to trying this map with my group, but there's an issue where if you try to load a mission on the map when playing on a dedicated server launched from a .bat file, the mission won't load and gives the error, ""No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWorlds.prei_khmaoch_luong'"".  It looks like for some reason there's some text encoding issue and the file name gets butchered, causing the map not to load properly when launching a mission.  Strangely enough, it does work with the default name if the dedicated server is launched from a shortcut.  Unfortunately our group has so many mods the "target" line in a shortcut is just too short so the only solution for now is to rename the mod.  Since it's from the Steam Workshop that does require copying the files over.

It's a bit of an inelegant solution, since I'd like to keep using my .bat file to launch the game and having to copy the files over defeats the point of getting the map from the workshop with the easy updates.  I do kindly request updating the mod on the workshop to change the name so that the Khmer text is removed.  It can always be added to the description.

4 minutes ago, cyprus said:

stuff

No.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cyprus said:

Strangely enough, it does work with the default name if the dedicated server is launched from a shortcut.  Unfortunately our group has so many mods the "target" line in a shortcut is just too short so the only solution for now is to rename the mod.

Why not using the Arma3 launcher in combination with private mod compilations created on the WS?

• Like 1