bludski

RHS terrains. RHSKATYA, RHSPKL, RHSVIDDA

22 hours ago, bludski said:

TBH. If you appreciate my work you can consider donating on the merit of that and the up until now thousands of hours I put into this.

I work with what I got.

Tons of time goes into this and I spend it where it interests me which is making a playable map with what I got.

My going rate for architectural viz is 100 euros per hour.

Modeling buildings for Arma is NOT something I consider entertaining. Wonder why almost all custom buildings are poor and nobody does it??

I would donate if X if you do Y is the opposite of inspiring...

Donate if you appreciate my efforts. I'm not a donkey you can pull with a carrot.

Not that suggestions aren't cool or anything :3 Just going to have to see what appears over time..

I was not talking about paying you to create some buildings, I was thinking of getting maybe a few people together, collect some money so that you can maybe buy some assets. Btw I I am one of the very few ever donated something to you when you harddrive was fucked so...yeah. 

I

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Private Evans said:

I was not talking about paying you to create some buildings, I was thinking of getting maybe a few people together, collect some money so that you can maybe buy some assets. Btw I I am one of the very few ever donated something to you when you harddrive was fucked so...yeah. 

I

Not trying to start a beef with you man... I'm sorry. Honestly it wasn't even really directed at you. There are so many people offering me cash to do their mods for them and people whining about not being able to use my stuff on monetized servers. Most of them don't even take no for an answer. On top of that a bunch of people who feel entitled to having me change my stuff to work with their mods or release altered versions. All of that often makes this incredibly frustrating. I apologize.

I do this as creative outlet for my own enjoyment and challenge.. When it becomes a chore, I quit :3

• Like 8

Would it be just a lil to cheeky to ask for an approx ETA on this new map?  😁

3 hours ago, TPM_Aus said:

Would it be just a lil to cheeky to ask for an approx ETA on this new map?  😁

yes

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

Hows Vidda coming along? Just downloaded it but cant find any servers 😞

Im from Norway btw, Map looks very authentic.

Map is only out on test servers or something?

3 hours ago, svisketyggeren said:

Servers dont use terrain as is. They run scenarios that are build on a terrain. So if no server is running a scenario build on Vidda, then theres not really a way to play on it online.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, svisketyggeren said:

I recommend you try to join one of the groups who use the map.. there are a bunch that do.

Will you release a "work in progress" version of the maps that you are working on or you will wait until they will be finished?  

Will the release of the new DLC Contact have any affect on upcoming/current maps to your knowledge?

Also curious about that. In particular, it seems the new Livonia terrain has ports of the DayZ chernarus structures, which I imagine could be useful especially for Katya.

• Like 1

Since BI seem to have decided they shall be encrypted and thus impossible to unpack so they can be used in official tools.. I rather doubt it. Will be back with more when I know for sure.

Edited by bludski
derp
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, _OZ said:

Will you release a "work in progress" version of the maps that you are working on or you will wait until they will be finished?  

The plan is as with my other maps. when they have basic playability down, they are made avail to public.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We, as a Clan are playing PKL for coop missions and enjoy it.

A ground spike [near x=2806.71, y=1267.08] has caught my eyes as veteran Terrain Maker, that's my report.

• Haha 1

DF2aKd0.jpg

H5Rwvuf.jpg

9uFKo87.jpg

8V2LuAn.jpg

fA7qlAe.jpg

FxyhYQg.jpg

lTWiY8L.jpg

C9mpepY.jpg

GocURvq.jpg

MAU1eyq.jpg

t1VGsJ1.jpg

gqBj34O.jpg

prwlLQV.jpg

PoG6RbL.jpg

REa29tZ.jpg

aEN1xtz.jpg

di2PKG8.jpg

TROQkqR.jpg

hYBRufa.jpg

jZRWQnA.jpg

zQNtAHH.jpg

1zrWi3z.jpg

5ebFH2z.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

This looks amazing. Nice job.

• Like 1

Holy crap WOW ! Can't wait to play on this. Hope they hire you for arma 4 😄   Im bored with all this flatness of vanilla maps and old engine physics limitations.

PS: A question - does the new map feature at least 2 airports? It would be lovely to have tanoa-like possibilities to create mobile operations missions or effectively create conquest missions where each team has its own base, possibilities are limitless.

• Like 1

As a concept of what i mean i made a little cheat-airport in eden editor using game assets but it came out to work horribly due to massive performance drops when landing and taking off - i guess the rocks geometry triangles count (north west part of yer vidda map)

NnjFwzz.jpg

ln9ziYv.jpg