bludski

RHS terrains. RHSKATYA, RHSPKL, RHSVIDDA

15 minutes ago, road runner said:

Without a doubt, this is the best map outside of BI,

Outside? It IS better than BI maps .......

• Like 5

Meet Katya:

12x12km Russia terrain test. Who  knows if it will become a thing or not?

Go a few 100km east of Vidda and you will end up near the northern Russian coast.

Somewhere around there you might one day find Katya.

U87LSbf.jpg

HZCJNIZ.jpg

deaUQ52.jpg

GwJKzS5.jpg

r13dhjM.jpg

v3eMecI.jpg

JcYFJ7o.jpg

mfNODK3.jpg

0DWKsUw.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

How do you  start making your terrain ? real world heightmap or just randomly generated ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, k4ble said:

How do you  start making your terrain ? real world heightmap or just randomly generated ?

That depends.. usually I have the ideas built up in my head for a few months and so when I start working on one, I know the method before I start, which saves an insane amount of time.

Exactly what the method is will depend on each terrain. Usually it is very hard to find good actual terrain data.

There is also the thing with Arma limitations vs real terrain. Most terrain isn't even reproducible in the game.

Vidda is based on actual elevation data but heavily processed and modified just to make it playable in arma.

Some of this is modifying terrain slope gradients, reducing slopes above certain degrees.. etc etc etc.

There are also many engine and performance related problems with a lot of altitude variation.

Like if you take a real world mountain and put it in game, it might look pretty but more likely than not it is going to suck to play on. If you take a snippet of mostly any  part of Norway, it won't be very fun to play on because everyone knows how certain hills suck in this game as infantry or vehicle and that AI is even worse.

Then there is the issue with view ranges most people use and the distance between dominating terrain features.

For instance: if you have 3km view range, 2km object draw distance and two hilltop OP with 2500m between them, you are going to have a bad time.

This is just some of the forethought that goes into it and what determines the intial (and most important part) of the approach.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Having Vidda and a corresponding Russian terrain would be amazing for a bigger WW 3 scenario/campaign ( even if this sounds a bit sick xD).

What about Russian structures ? Arma 3 civilian resources will definitely not work for villages and cities...

keep it up 🙂

• Like 1

• Like 10

H0vlnjm.jpg

ASVRVyD.jpg

Done with airstation for now..

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, churrofighter said:

This is a weird bug 🤔

???

1 hour ago, bludski said:

???

I think he means that the sky above the terrain looks diffrent through windows compared to the door ?

-.-

That is a reflection map.

Ever seen actual interior reflections in arma buildings? well..

Im unable to fully remove the overcast on this map. i AM able on other maps but not on Vidda. is this something i can fix or is it built into the map?

That's how it is...

• Like 4

I did a fly through of your Prei Khmaoch Luong terrain in 4K and exported and uploaded in 8K.

You're free to use the video on your steam page if you'd like, or any other way you'd like.

It's a unique terrain, awesome.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Firebird-B4L said:

I did a fly through of your Prei Khmaoch Luong terrain in 4K and exported and uploaded in 8K.

You're free to use the video on your steam page if you'd like, or any other way you'd like.

It's a unique terrain, awesome.

Good god that looks incredible.

What config is your PC?

I checked your YT video but found no description

4 hours ago, domokun said:

Good god that looks incredible.

What config is your PC?

I checked your YT video but found no description

I play in 4k using 4K OLED TV.

Shadowplayed (Instant Replayed) in 4K with high bitrate settings.

Adobe Premiere allows me to export in 8K with high bitrate.

Computer is a:

I7 8700K @ 3.7 GHz

1080 Ti

16 GB memory 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

EqPDNrg.jpg

4gzIYDS.jpg

mwWJPb3.jpg

V71WtQj.jpg

pEiW52q.jpg

w8JNMoz.jpg

8INlTko.jpg

pSBZAnQ.jpg

hj93HKi.jpg

jSxS72z.jpg

aDUsUjQ.jpg

mWl5xC5.jpg

n9l0PGV.jpg

L0y8eFu.jpg

NTBTusX.jpg

Cot8NlY.jpg

2bfPk70.jpg

WPyO583.jpg

• Like 16

So we are talking Oblast Murmansk I guess....could this be the first bigger thing that sees you cooperating with RHS ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

So we are talking Oblast Murmansk I guess....could this be the first bigger thing that sees you cooperating with RHS ?

I don't respond to rumors.. just spread them some times and they are almost always false. I don't know anything about no RHS.

If for instance say there was something called RHS and that somebody else from that organization were to make something for Katya, they would probably show it off themselves 😉

I don't know anything about that though.. Just speculating.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

looks very interesting. love to see a map with a wealth of "military locations". I feel like far too often theres nothing compelling to fight over on a lot of terrains. but that's never really the case with yours.

• Like 6

important:

• Like 5

We all should be happy to get high quality map making resources with the creators dlc that allow us creating believable central and northern european maps without using t A1/2  stuff, which is not only completely outdated but also absolutely overused after all these years.

So...a big +1 from my side  for having such a requirement

• Like 5

idk about this one, i would like to see this first before i concider buying it.

+ I know some ppl in our Arma group will refuse to buy this (as this is a purchasable "mod"), so we wouldnt be able to use this for missions.

And would this mean Prei Khmaoch Luong would become dependend on this as wel ? i thought you onces spoke of creating a dependency

yourself that was used for all your maps (like Cup Core for example).

• Like 1