bludski

RHS terrains. RHSKATYA, RHSPKL, RHSVIDDA

17 minutes ago, uscg pilot 12 said:

blud my man you are a certified terrain wizard this latest update is awesome. i still have found any of the damn bunkers tho lol 

If you look for roads that don't appear to lead anywhere on the map view and in "basements" you should probably find them ;)The bunker objects themselves are set to not show on the map view for a reason ;)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, woulffman said:

Excellent job!  Love what I'm seeing.  Can't wait for the lakes!

Barely working water tiles isn't very interesting.. there probably won't be any lakes but some sort of sites instead...

Man  you are quickly becoming one of the "Greats" of map making. I wonder what other kinds of terrains we can see in the future from you

• Like 1

id say blud is easily one of the great with the few maps hes put out to us. the varied terrain and details in vidda alone are worth more then a couple of maps combined.

i still have found any bunkers even after following dead end roads but im still hunting lol. hopefully you get your rig up and running again soon so we can see more of your work !

• Like 1

It was removed.

edit: Because I can't get it to match up with the terrain shading in more than half the day cycle and that is using the grass shader. The other shaders are even worse for the purpose as they don't even use the terrain shading.

• Sad 3

About the snow: It might return later.. This is ALPHA afterall.. The problem is deep in the engine. If I can come up with a hacky way where the snow clutters don't stand out like it does at any other time than noonish, then it might return. That entirely depends on fakery and is nothing I can spend further time on doing. I might include an optional pbo to return it if there is demand. But it will be in the broken state it was before. The clutter model is still included.

• Like 6

Hey mate, not sure if you've heard it before, but I think Vidda has a memory leak in it, just had a crash to desktop while attempting to explore it through the Eden Editor. It maxed out my RAM, which has never happened before except on maps with memory leaks in them.

But besides that, Vidda is beautiful, and I hope that it continues to beat out the rest of the maps out there.

42 minutes ago, King_of_Gondor12 said:

Hey mate, not sure if you've heard it before, but I think Vidda has a memory leak in it, just had a crash to desktop while attempting to explore it through the Eden Editor. It maxed out my RAM, which has never happened before except on maps with memory leaks in them.

But besides that, Vidda is beautiful, and I hope that it continues to beat out the rest of the maps out there.

Are you using Shacktac UI? If so then update it to the latest version. Other mods that work similarly to it may also cause this issue.

• Thanks 1

On 8/15/2018 at 10:26 PM, bludski said:

If you look for roads that don't appear to lead anywhere on the map view and in "basements" you should probably find them ;)The bunker objects themselves are set to not show on the map view for a reason ;)

Is there any other clues you can give to finding the bunkers? I've found two and I'm going insane trying to find the "basement" bunker. If you can't it's cool but god damn did you hide these bunkers well.

• Haha 1

rLXz6HU.jpg

I have put Vidda on the shelf for a little while to give PKL some long needed love. There will be massive changes and I think you will like them:

If you have been following the progress with my Cambodia experiments for some time, you probably know of my other jungle terrain experiments.

I have decided to take the best and most playable ideas from them and put them in PKL. This will result in a slightly more open layout but with denser patches of jungle than the massive forest it used to be.

This should give a lot more options for gameplay and let you use higher view ranges.

Evergrowing gallery of wip pics:

https://imgur.com/a/jHUiI79

https://twitter.com/bludclouds

Be sure to follow me on twitter if you want to keep up with changes. Some times I do polls to see what you guys think about ideas there too.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:53 PM, bludski said:

Barely working water tiles isn't very interesting.. there probably won't be any lakes but some sort of sites instead...

Ok.  I didn't know that.  Maybe instead you could make the lakes/rivers look frozen over?  Just a thought.  Even without the lakes and rivers, I still love this map!

Hey bludski,

i´ve got a problem. If I am playing on ur map Vidda with some modded cars i´m more of less sliding on ur map. So could you add more grip on the roads for the civilian vehicles, please?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, HappyBen said:

Hey bludski,

i´ve got a problem. If I am playing on ur map Vidda with some modded cars i´m more of less sliding on ur map. So could you add more grip on the roads for the civilian vehicles, please?

Could very well be your modded cars are not built right :X 

Vidda has wet roads. Got to drive carefully.

• Thanks 1

hey bludski, vidda is a great map but i was hoping that you would reveal the locations of bunkers cuz i rlly want to make a mission but finding them is just time wasting and aggravating, i know it adds something to do but in then case of some mission creators its just a pain in the arse.

• Confused 1

On 9/15/2018 at 2:39 PM, Anton Sotty said:

hey bludski, vidda is a great map but i was hoping that you would reveal the locations of bunkers cuz i rlly want to make a mission but finding them is just time wasting and aggravating, i know it adds something to do but in then case of some mission creators its just a pain in the arse.

I've only found two of them.

052937 or south of Filledal, and 041032 in the northern region marked by a green text labeled "Hilde" You can also easily find them in the editor by scanning over the map and looking for any odd topography lines; due to the creator having to lower the terain to give the player the illusion of being under the surface of the map.

unknown.png

Author/mod please delete if this is disclosing too much information.

• Sad 1

@QQster Thanks for the info, but you could please wrap it in a spoiler tag? That's the eye beside the smiley on the editor tab.

Spoiler

Nice find :)

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TeTeT said:

@QQster Thanks for the info, but you could please wrap it in a spoiler tag? That's the eye beside the smiley on the editor tab.

Reveal hidden contents

Nice find :)

Good call

Short preview of what is coming on the lower PKL river. (this is highly work in progress and very much lacking in roads, paths and object placement related to people living there.

Put on your favourite Nam war music because i goofed and the audio was lost..

• Like 14

VIDDA is now permanently on hold or cancelled. I'm tired and sick of LIFERPG cretins who don't respect licenses, ask for permision, don't get them and still steal my shit. 

This entirely drains my inspiration for doing this at all.

Will be back with more as the situation develops. PKL is still in the works and there will be a BIG update soon!

• Like 4
  • Sad 23

I am sorry to hear that, I love your maps, but I respect your decision, while I don't like saying everyone in a group is bad, the sheer amount of times this stuff has happened in the Life community has permanently colored my perception of them.

I hope you will return to Vidda in the future

• Like 8

With "their" costum map they would probably charge $5 extra on the monetized server.

I guess some do anything to make their server stand out. Shamefull

1Dq9.gif

• Like 4