I'm starting to work on the HUD for a plane mod I'm overhauling. When I use diag_mergeConfigFile to try new tweaks in the config file, nothing happens. Even after respawning the plane via Zeus or restarting the mission the change does not take effect.

Here's the process: 1) Start diag .exe of Arma 3 2) open editor, place plane, start mission 3) make change in config, type this into debug console:

diag_mergeConfigFile ["filepath\config_changes.cpp"];

I hit enter and no errors pop up. But when I hop in the plane, nothing has changed. What am I doing wrong?

1. is this really the path you use? if not post the actual one

2. you can verify if a change gets applied via config viewer or reading the value via console

3. you could also run procmon on the diag.exe and your path to see if it does at all and successfully read the file when you execute the command

4. make sure to recreate the entity you modify. aka spawn a new one, or restart the mission

On 7/20/2018 at 12:31 AM, .kju said:

1. is this really the path you use? if not post the actual one

2. you can verify if a change gets applied via config viewer or reading the value via console

3. you could also run procmon on the diag.exe and your path to see if it does at all and successfully read the file when you execute the command

4. make sure to recreate the entity you modify. aka spawn a new one, or restart the mission

Thanks for the tips. I can't find the MFD configs in the config viewer to see if they're changed. Does this mean it's not possible to change these items via diag_mergeConfigFile?

I'm using frequently diag_mergeConfigFile for MFDs and for sure it's working there.

OK I've got to be doing something wrong, then. Here's exactly what I'm doing.

I'm working on the A3-T6 mod to give it a better HUD (among other things).

1. Start arma3diag_64.exe with the mod loaded via Arma3Sync

2. Open VR map in editor, place down aircraft & Zeus module, launch mission (SP)

3. HUD displays as expected

4. Exit aircraft, delete it via Zeus.

5. Alt-tab to the config file in my working folder, delete all MFD class entries, & save the file
6. Alt-tab back to Arma and run the following command via the debug console:

diag_mergeConfigFile ["C:\Users\[me]\Desktop\Arma Stuff\A3-T6\config.cpp"];

7. Spawn a new aircraft and hop in. The HUD is still there. If I restart Arma entirely with the changes, however, it will be gone.

basically you can only overwrite or add to - not delete

I haven't been able to work on this for a bit, but now I've tried it again.

I removed all HUD code from the config file, opened Arma, and tried merging the old config with the HUD into the loaded config without it. It still doesn't change anything.

What in the world am I doing wrong? Would it help if I uploaded a video showing me doing this?

FTR I figured out that the problem was the mod I'm working on has two .pbos, one with cfgPatches to modify the first one. diag_MergeConfig_File doesn't work in that case. I consolidated the two .pbos into one and it worked fine.

• Thanks 1