Sign in to follow this  
peanuckle_00

How many aircraft carriers are being made now?

ofp.info officialy stated that some kid named rhinne is making a carrier and i saw the pics on the site. So what's he up to and why isn't he posting here? Besides him, who else is making a carrier?

I have a question about aircraft carriers, is it possible to change a surfaces speed properties?

Im talking about the same thing that makes cars drive faster on road than on grass. Is it not possible to make a surface where planes can speed up and slow down extremely quickly, and without having to have an aircraft carrier as long as an airstrip?

xmas.gif

I suppose if you make the carrier an object instead of a vehicle it could work. Like the bridge is an object but you drive on it like its road.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Dec. 20 2002,11:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DragoFire has I think found a way for catapult on AC xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm guessing your thinking of the Nitro boost set with a hight of < 1m and the max speed of 300km/h. wink.gif

One thats going to be the hards to figure is how to get the tailhooks to work with a carrier landing only. I've got an idea how to make the tailhook work, but it works everywhere. confused.gif

DragoFire xmas.gif

You should add an area to the carrier's runway, where the ground has an extreme penalty of speed. About the place where the four stopping ropes (sorry don't know the english name of it) are on the landing area. So if you land correctly, and touch down about where the hook can catch the rope in the real world, the it slows you down, but you can vacate the "runway" if you go through of that area... xmas.gif

You should make that carrier version with the two lanes so you could run one script on one lane and another script on the other and have no complications on taxiing. Either way you look at it with speed altered on the runway, taxiing won't be a problem for the landing strip because taxiing is slow anyways. The lane on the right is outgoing. The one on the top is incoming because its longer. cvx-78.gifThis page has all the info you need on that CVX-78 carrier class. I had an idea. Maybe you could add a launch jet command that could be activated from in your jet while on the takeoff lane and you'd get your extra speed that way, all coded iinto the model.

MMM Scorpio was working on a Aircraft carrier but the great dude hase canceld the addon and not going to release it he was saying it was only to test sad.gif i have some pics of it but i think they are over the 100KB so if i post them here it will be editet but i gonna check.

and there is a WW2 mod working on a aircraft carrier but the pic is more than 100KB but here is the link:

http://www.opflash.org/news.php?n=30

and there was a AC in progress made by fliper and Evis dont remmember but i saw it under this link:

www.ofpec.com and under the forums remmember need te register to vieuw it!

and with the Catapult thing you dont need to make some part in 02 but you could donwload a catapult script from this site:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors/index.php

or you could use the setvelocity command

and remmember make the ground solid else you will vall down the deck like a solid rock.

wink.gif

De appel valt niet ver van de boom ( D.A.Z )

You have in version 1.90 or 1.91 some nice features to make a AC possible you can make your planes not with taking of and landing you can change the speeds xmas.gif

well, no one poste any pics except for the WWII one. Im curious, cause im thinking of making a carrier once and for all..since no one will finish the one they started.

cheers

Well here is the pic of Sam's ( Scorpio ) Aircraft carrier:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/OFP/carrier_new.jpg

its looks good to me the textures are even good so i dont know wy he stopped with it well no one of the good moddelers got time to make fun and great addons that we want   sad.gif  well any 1 that gonna make an AC i wanna help them to make the AC ( AC=aircraft carrier  biggrin.gif  ) so if any 1 wants to start a AC mail me or PM me then we can start.

PS: The pic is 111KB i dont know if this is bad but i know the limit is 100KB

Kann man Herzen fragen Ein Kind darunter tragen Kann man es verschenken Mit dem Herze denken

Operation Northstar is makeing one it just needs textureing!

Rinne's Aircraft carrier is completed i think its just like Tales of war MODS (I think)

Anyway here is the website!

http://www.usof-mod.de.vu/

They stiil need MOD members!

Scorpio has started long time ago on many addons but a few has been released I doubt that he release the MH-53 and the CH-53 confused.gif

But good news is that BAS is gonna make the H-53 and a CH-46 BAS will release them they keep their word wink.gif

mm you are right about scorpio i doubt that he isnt going to releas the CH53 or someting else but lets stay on topic:

when i was talking to Sam about the AirCraft Carrier he was saying: I't was crap and forget about it blablbalbala and he was taling that the model wasent from him and he dont got the model any more so dotn wait on Sams addons because they arent comming along. confused.gif

So this means we must make the model by our self so any 1 that got intrest mail me:

denniszuidhof@hotmail.com

I hope we can make a AC.

Greetz Dennis

Guest BratZ

Can someone please make one? Even if it doesn't move,just something to have battles on even....

I could make one but it would take from my WW2 Plane making time.Is anyone doing this?

I just got news from ofp.info that someone is making an AC. I will post the pic here now. He is modding the work of a cruise ship that was released. futurecarrier1.JPG

Peanukle, whay are you so ubsessed with aircraft carriers man? Jeez lol.

It's almost like star wars. It's modern sci fi. You got these massive ships that launch little ships for operations then the little ships dock with the bigger ships. That idea is just awesome to me. If I were going to make an updated carrier I'd have the landing bay be inside like in sci fi movies. You could do this by removing the top and back section of the back of the carrier, of course remove a long section of the top and only enough section for the back. Then the jets would land on the inside of the carrier and an elevator would bring them above deck for take off. However as it is now is just fine. The navy has a perfect system for doing it and fitting all those jets on top too. I just can't wait to figure it all out once I get my own carrier addon. I am so giddy that I have a hornet now its so great. A carrier would complete my fleet. Battleships, everything NAVY is just so exciting to me. I once applied for them but got turned down for my asthma plus I can't swim. I'm 21, mom never payed for the lessons. It really is a neat thing to try to figure out on your own. It's not so complex in reality some may say. It's so marvelous to me, the idea of protecting your mother ship n stuff like in sci fi movies.

lol!, the second pic looks much much better!.....Pedro of portugal, be my guest and do what u can with it. Aircraft carriers aint no joke to construct and i am honoured that u would consider the humble cargo liner to experiment on. If u need anyother research notes, drop me a line and i will try my best to help.

The areas that u might wanna take note of:-

1. as the length of carrier runway are more than 64m, there might not be collision detection and your soldier or objects will drop off.

Workaround:-

1. create 5 .p3d sections and line them up in mission editor. i know it sucks but once in game it would look nice. However once it moves...lol! it will break apart ( perhaps lock and keys part to connect the parts?)

2. Make sure the roadway LOD is slightly above the yellow geometry, otherwise proning soldiers will vibrate the craft.

3. To component convex hull, use only the fire geometry and not all LODs cos it will mess up all your vertices and troops wont be able to access the interiors. That lod alone will be enuff to stop missiles and bullets.

4. Perhaps u might wanna proxies aircraft to the ship deck just for scenery. its possible.

5. U can proxies as many soldiers as u want, just name them and place them on deck. For seating, place the base proxy vertices on the floor. For standing, place the base vertices 1m above floor, then in config, use "manactPBRDriver". Your soldiers driver and cargo will stand.

All the best, have fun experimenting, the first aircraft carrier will blaze the trial for future expansion of interactive addons.