Sign in to follow this  
Bagel

Dynamic vietnam missions

thanks for the feedback, I have had this mission posted for a while without any, so much appreciated.

To answer some questions:

The reinforcement of troops and M113's happens every cycle, plus minus 3 to 5 min

If a Vc cadre is not totally wiped out , it will continue with it's mission, you don't need a full section to affect the H&M of the locals, one angry VC survivor should be able to cope smile.gif

The issue of saving the game was dealt with earlier in this thread, checkit out. I can't say I have tried it out yet.

In respect of the pink team, I had it in game in the new CE structure, but took it out as I felt that too much was now given to the the US side. I have elected to have a pilot management system as opposed to a helicopter management system. You can assign your pilots as you see fit. What I want to do is have a special menu option wherein you can elect to have aircrew4 and 5 enter into a pink team arrangement, provided you have a cobra and a Oh6. I dont want to increase the US airpower more than the status quo.

I am open to suggestion, but want to keep some balanceof forces ingame.

Although the pink team and supply option appear under support, neither of them work! , sorry I will either enhance them or remove them. For now ignore them.

In respect of the order confirmation, I could not agree more. I am working on it and will get the markers to change colour as confirmation of order.

Thanks for pointing out the extract issue Axek, I will have a look.

There has been a call for a more structured goal achievement system throughout the game and an end summary, this will be in the next version.

Thanks again for the interest, should have version 1_80 out by Saturday.

Bagel

Just caught up with htis thread...what an amazing concept. I can't wait to try it out. I have downloaded the readme and I'll soon get the mission and the add-ons required. Great work!

smith

i finally upgraded to v1.91, had conflicting addons, TOD175 working excellent now. im not getting the 'typeof' error and my squads respawn.

im having a ball, loading all the troops with 1 click , then choppering them in to the battle. must rememebr to delete their waypoints before evacing them, they get back to base and start running for their waypoints tounge.gif

Good point sinister, glad to hear you having fun with TOD, new version due out any day now with all bug fixes etc

Bagel

I have not released anything later to ver 1.75, it would seem this mission has run it's course, the only oustanding requests were rather minor. I have started a new mechanised assault dynamic mission.

Unless I get a fair amount of requests I would consider TOD to be complete.

Regards

Bagel

A lot of credit to you Bagel!!

This is a revolutionary idea of mission making in OFP!

I have 3 questions:

- Do I have to update the 1.75 ver of TOD with the CE 1.22 patch?

- When I advise a chopper to unload his cargo (let's say a team of Air Cav), the team jumps out in the mid air from about 50m and the most of them die. The only way to work around that is that I give the command to the Air Crew to land and then give the command to the team of Air Cav to disembark. But sometimes choppers get stuck and don't move, don't land, just stuck!

- Is there and end of the mission? I mean is there a point to reach when the mission is done? What are the criteria of a mission finished?

- My specs: I am using OFP:R 1.91 and of course SEB Nam Pack 2 and of course playing it on Ia Trang Valley

ok 2 of the questions are solved for me:

- after I started the mission again I no probs with the unload waypoint anymore. Strange... but it works now

- after downloading the readme and reading it I understand when the mission ends.

But still there is one problem with the rebuilding of a totally wiped out squad:

After they are wiped out (let's say B1 of the Air Cav) the marker remains on the spot they were at last and I can't do anything about it to get them from the or to the assembly point or then to the Barracks. I get always the message squad destroyed. I have 125.5 resource points so it should be possible to rebuild them. Or do I something wrong?

Please help

Thanks Kroky,

Yip, know about the problem with the rebuild of no infantry squads, Iw ill do final relase 1.80.

To include:

Porgress reports towards and including an end, this is really missing.

Fix a couple of small bugs, the one you mentioned included.

If there is anything else anyone would like as a real enhancer, not nice to have, plase post and I will put in.

Regards

Johan

Can't wait to see your 1.80 version Bagel!

I was playing the 1.75 about 10 times now and, it is the way you said: every game is absolutely different! And it's not easy to get the VC and NVA under control. (Maybe when I get better used to the CE2 it's going lighter)

A question concerning the saving bug:

- I saved the game with the "cheat" ALT - (Num Lock) SAVEGAME, and after a while the cycles didn't work anymore.

Is this because of this cheat? I saw a reply in this thread about the workaround idea by deleting the sav file in the user/name/saved/missions folder and will try it out. Anyway do you Bagel know if the SAVEGAME command works? (it would be a lot easier)

- Another bug(?) I noticed during gameplay was, when I ordered the Air Crew 3 to extract a squad of marines using the command in the special menu, I marked the squad I wanted to extract (Mar3) but the chopper went to the very north of the isle and landed in the near of Mar1 squad...?? I repeated the action, but with the same result. Strange, while the LZ command works very fine! And thanks for the idea of repleneshing the D1 and D2 squads right from the start it gives you some more manpower that you need in this mission.

- One last question: When I "buy" the intel about VC it shows a box with the 4 regions stating a lot of numbers. Is this the percentage of the chance that a new VC squad will occur there in the next cycle, or is this the percentage of showing the score of the H&M statistics, or is it both?

- Oh, 1 more question (last one, I promise) How can I add truck (5t open, and closed) to the mission? I know you want the Huey to do the job, but it could be an option in the hardware menu. And why not add tanks to the NVA would be real a challenge!

Bagel you keep me going on this mission for a while, for sure!!

Somebody started a thread about the best mission in OFP ever: I'm not sure if we just found it!!

5 reasons for it:

1) OFP:R (best tactical shooter to date)

2) SEB Nam Pack 2 (absolutely rocking stuff, ultra-realistic)

3) Ia Trang Valley 2 (unbelievable what the SEB team did!! I think even BIS is really impressed, seeing what the comunity can do with "their" game!wink.gif

4) Command Engine 2 (creating a new genre of games!!!!!, TACTICAL STRATEGICAL SHOOTER: like a mix of C&C and OFP, there is no such game in the market where you can play the strategic way AND the FPS perspective or BOTH at the same time, WOW!!wink.gif

5) Dynamic Vietnam Mission (Tour of Duty) by Bagel: Not just a mission, but just a war going all over the island and every game is different! You never know what happens, you play it next time. I never before saw such a replayability of a mission, a such an amount of freedom, which tactics you want to choose to complete a mission. This is terrific good. wow.gif

Hi Bagel

I tried to change my HQ team from Air Cav to LRRP soldiers. That worked, but when I send them to the barracks for reinforcements, all the new generated soldiers are the same class... Let's say if the machine gunner is the man in command, then all the new soldiers would be machine gunners or if the medic is in command (or just the highest ranked soldier in the barracks circle) then all the new generated soldiers would be medics. Any idea how to generate all the different types of soldiers?

(I don't like the idea that I am just a Air Cav Officer, so I chagend my soldier to LRRP officer)

i once sent 1 of the remaining pilots out of a heli team into the barraks circle and 12 pilots were spawned attached to that group. hehe

looking forward to 1.8 smile.gif

Absolutely a WOW moment when you realize the potentials of TOD and the command engine ..

Total blown a way by the depth and insight. Just can't explain it to other people. Can’t share new toy.

I’m not sure if some players even see what’s there, maybe they do but I just came back to this game and found this.  And I’m blown a way.

I can change commands by just using the remote sort of. Just UN believable. But I’m an old fart and lose track of my men. And haven’t seen many VC. I get impatient and jump in chopper to inspect my outpost and usually crash.  I really need to let the subordinates do the flying.

I took the Planet of War engines and kind of got a working MP missions working last year and was wondering if you could do it with this Command engine?

Guess I need to do more reading on the Command site ,  just seem like I had trouble doing the “supply mission “ at the airport. Oh well back to the war.

Wholie shit all that and just now found the manual:

http://mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/nagelj/files/readme.zip

Hi Bucko

Spinor and the rest of the team at the CoC are busy working on CE3 specification we hope it will be MP. We are looking at internalising the scripts into a simple addon and altering as much code as possible to be functions (the function library is steadily building)

So not only will it be faster but it will just be an editor addon you place on the centre of the map.

snYper at OFPEC has taken one of BN880s old technology preview downloads and has a working beta of a true MP artilery interface Dinger is working on this for the CoC.

We also hope to show a technology demo for system to allow multi battalion level missions in in OFP and Denoir is working up a strategic AI that will let us reach our goal of a true Strategic OFP where the player can be involved in a battle at any level of The Chain of Command from private to General.

Have you tried out the other missions at CoC The Battle School missions and the New version of Sainte Marie Hill, all have been updated to CE2 v1.22?

Kind Regards walker

Really great feedback, I will get my butt into gear and finalise TOD. I think I will need two weeks to be safe, as time right now is a bit tight.

Thanks again for the feedback, it is what makes it worthwhile.

Bagel

Bagel, did you ever look into that script that removes dead bodies (I asked you on the OFP EC forum)

You can set it so it only occurs every X amount of time - to get rid of the dead bodies and some of the lag (at least my computer starts to get bogged down later in the game)?

I don't think having some bodies disappear every now and them would affect gameplay too much, because for the most part your soldiers go back to base for rearming anyway.

That's right!

We all still wait for your 1.80 ver. Keep up your fantastic work!

smile.gif

I'm learning the "special" commands and trying to use them. But is there a way to completely remove other Squads, teams, ect from radio.  In fire fight I tend to just be a clicking around the horn looking for someone special.  I guess I should just go into the scripts and just take the names out and then find them on the editor map and remove the AI would work.  Guess I'll open the files here at work and see what what.

One of my bases got over-run last night and guess l like lost radio communication cause my computer locked up, guess that could happen in a real war too.

After looking at scripts I remembered that the Briefing doesn't fit this map. Does anyone have a new one made up? You all a still just warring in the editor mode rite?

oh man I forgot to go back and read the CE2 TUORIAL MISSION ,,,,doing that now and see many things I was doing wrong. troop movement is a lot easyier then i thought.

read the BOOK MAN. or atleast the tutorial.

What CoC things do i need to download there are so many that i don't understand plz help!

You only need the marker addon, the mission contains the CoC scripts.

RED

Bagel how bout editing your first post to add download URL's and installation instructions, saves having to wade through a 9 page thread when you decide to check it out (as I've had to do today), just a suggestion smile.gif

Getting to grips with it slowly. Very impressive but a more indepth manual might be nice for us dunces.

Only problems I'm having is a missing addon 'Pilot message' I think when I select an airstrike and a strange text error report sometimes when I'm trying to place strikes or firebases.

Probably in part due to my limited understanding but this is a project I really want to master.

How do I edit my first post , I agree it is a good suggestion ??

I have strated collating all the requests in prep for Ver 1.80, starting to program tonite.

Bagel

There is a 'Edit' button on the top right of you post, it is also next to the Quote button.

RED