Sign in to follow this  
Bagel

Dynamic vietnam missions

Right, I think I've got the hang of most of it. The missing 'radio message pilot1' when I call an airstrike doesn't seem to cause any problems ( am I the only one getting this error? ).

My one question at this point would be firebases. I can move them as normal units and call in mortar suport when they're within range. However in the special/air support menu I have a bunch of commands; FB alpha/FB alpha move etc under the air and napalm strikes. They don't seem to have any effect on the firebases but have called airstrikes sometimes. How are they supposed to work or are they simply under development?

Did a lot of positioning of troops this weekend but was always disappointed in the final hour. I might have fallen behind again with CPU power (1.5 1800xp 333fsb 512 ddr) seems really stable up till a major push by the VC. Then freeze, no way out but power reset. I want to tell you that I have deployed most of the squads and at least two motor divisions so I have plenty of troops through out the map but when I have, say three foot squads and VC at the same Cords it all over my system.

For myself I'd like a simpler mission with half off everything.

Bagel can you help me? I finished installing it and i went to sp missons and scrolled down and found the thing but when i click it it just brings me to the begining screen.

John,

I get that same error when calling in an airstrike, but it doesn't appear to cause a problem.

Axek.

John C., when you move a firebase team, choose the "FB Alpha" or "FB Bravo" command once they are in place, and the position of the firebase will be shifted to the new location. You can check this by then selecting the firebase for mortar support.

Koolkid, you either need to run TOD from the mission editor directories, or PBO it and then run it from the single missions.

The missing radio message is there because I could not get the syntax rightin the new init file with COC new version. I still need to get Spinor to help on this, have taken a break from OFP for a while, playing generals, american conquest and road to rome. Such little time !!!1 biggrin.gif

I had created pilot radio commands verifying the airstrike, I still want to use voice as much as possible in the confirmation and comms stakes, much more immersion.

In respect of firebases, at the moment you have to deploy a FB before it can lay down arty fire, you have to "move" it and then direct it to another location if you want to relocate. Once in position again you need to deploy it again.

I really want to get v 1.80 out asap, but juggling time is becoming an art, I created TOD in a weeks leave I had, now time is a valuable commodity!!!!

Bagel

Hi Bagel and thanks for your support, I've tried out your TOD, and must say it's a real immersive mode of play, just thanks to your post and (tod) I have discovered how good and great the Chain Of Command are!

Thanks a lot to all you dear friend wink.gif

I suggest to use it to all OFP realism lover's

Ciao

Excellent work, Bagel, really impressive.

As everybody i am waiting for 1.80 and i'll give my (constructive) feedback:

I own 1.75 / CE 1.22.

bugs encountered:

------------------

- as stated by somebody before, sometimes helis can't extract the right group, for example i had a slick repeatedly extracting A2 instead of B1, which was the selected group.

- i have an error message the first time i call an airstike/napalm strike (something about a lost pilot message);

- can't have napalm strikes hit the target, can hear their explosions but can't see them and no planes appear in sight in the targeted area . Air strikes instead normally work ok. However often the planes crash somewhere in both cases.

other problems (but  maybe it's just me)

and some suggestions  wink.gif :

---------------------------------------

- LZ extraction and air strikes need a confirmation hint in my opinion;

- an alert sound and a hint can be precious in case of group  geting under enemy fire: sometimes i lose an entire group without even knowing, when it's far enough from me.

- body count: it feels a bit strange, sometimes the numbers shown seem not correct to me (had crew losses and heli-cargo losses not counted) . I had >80 calculated casulaties, but that was far from reality (i bet around 12 - 15)!

- i just can't re-deploy a wiped out squad: i had new soldiers spawned at the base but they have no markers for them: how can i move them anywhere ?

- had the three slicks destroyed (2 lost with entire cargo by the AI itself landing through the trees, 1 destroyed by a NVA strela), but was not able to replace them through the Hardware panel. Crews did spawn, helis didn't.

Hope to hear of the release of 1.80 soon!

BTW: Sorry for my bad english.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (thelatinman @ Mar. 09 2003,11<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">- had the three slicks destroyed (2 lost with entire cargo by the AI itself landing through the trees, 1 destroyed by a NVA strela), but was not able to replace them through the Hardware panel. Crews did spawn, helis didn't.<span id='postcolor'>

That's because you need to also buy the helos (under the Hardware option) and then instruct your crews to man those helicopters...as you have to do originally with crews 4 & 5.

Axek.

Axek:

i tried to "buy" the helis, but they were not spawned.

However thanks, i'll retry that paying more attention.

Bagel, are you still there ?

I hope 1.80 will be released, really enjoied your "Tour of Duty", despite the minor probs...

Just drop a line here!

Cya.

aRGGGGHH I have this map/misson and I downloaded that new phantom and now it doesn't work!

Does it give any errors? it would be helpful to explain exactly what you have done to install this mission.

RED

It just says missing that phantom and it won't start up but hte map does, so I download the other 2 old phantoms but then the new ones all messed up.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i tried to "buy" the helis, but they were not spawned.

<span id='postcolor'>

are you sure?

I have try to buy something, but what happen is that you don't have any message that confirm your buy obiect.

I try to buy HUY, and clik over it in Hardware 3 time, but nothing happen, so I was forgot about it, but when I take my HQ first person look around the main base I can see in the lower right corner of the base (near where the are the MG-JeeP) 3 HUY smile.gif

I dont know if they were already there or if it is effect of my buy, if is so, you buy but you dont got any confirmation message.

Apologize my poor language

ciao

Anything you buy will appear on the runway of your main base.  From what I've seen, they appear immediately after selecting the option from the hardware menu.

There were older versions of the mission that had the Phantom included in the required addons list, but not actually used. I thought that was removed by Bagel in the latest version. If not, edit the mission.sqm file and remove the Phantom from the list.

Axek.

Hi Bagel

Is there any chance that we see 1.80 ver as you promised?

(I know you dont have a lot of time, I just fear that this fantastic mission gets forgotten and doesn't reach the quality level that it deserves.)

So please let us know if you are still alive smile.gif and if you will continue your fantastic work on it.

I hope this is still getting worked on, I just downloaded it the other night and I've been playing it nonstop since. Great work BTW. Only problem I've had so far is that the helos will only hover above an injured squad when I need them evaced. After they do this I can no longer give them orders and I eventually had to have them jump out of there. I was working on recovering them but then a major VC offensive had just broken out and I couldnt really deal with it because I had all my assets on trying to evac the chopper squad and the injured rifle team. Otherwise I love it, I hope we'll get to see 1.80 awfully soon.

Does anyone know why, specifically, this mission can't be made MP? Is it the scripts or what? I'd like to give it a try converting it into a co-op with players being the squad leaders and using the commander to coordinate all the action.

CoC uses scripting which doesnt work in MP, though youd have to ask them for a more accurate reason

CoC guys still working on version3 and they will try to add MP..

not so easy, but maybe samething will be implemented.

yeah, the reason is the command engine requires a whole fleet of scripting, and the current CE wasn't designed for it.

We're working on it, but to get there we have to develop a bunch of MP technologies.

Well I have finally got this mission to work; there is a huge learning curve bet its well worth it.

But is this mission dead? No one has posted on if for sometime now.

Please tell me this mod hasn't died, i was really looking forward to it getting completed. It has a lot of potential confused.gif