so yeah  i have the code done but the skin does not show on Huron, here is the code. 

class CfgPatches
{
	class Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH47I_Chinook
	{
		units[]={" Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH47I_Chinook","Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH47I_Chinook_Desert","Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH47I_Chinook_Snow"};
		weapons[]={};
		requiredVersion=1;
		requiredAddons[]={};
		author="Clumsy Baron";
		name="CH-47I Chinook";
	};
};
class CfgVehicleClasses
{
	class Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH47I_Chinook
	{
	    displayName="Iron Skulls PMC CH-47I Chinook";
	};
};
class CfgVehicles
{
	class B_Heli_Transport_03_F;
	class Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH47I_Chinook: B_Heli_Transport_03_F
	{
		author="Clumsy Baron";
		_generalMacro="B_Heli_Transport_03_F";
		displayName="CH-47I Chinook";
		vehicleClass="Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH47I_Chinook";
		faction="Iron_Skulls_PMC_Woodland";
		crew="Iron_Skulls_PMC_Heli_Pilot";
		typicalCargo[]={"Iron_Skulls_PMC_Woodland"};
		availableForSupportTypes[]={"Drop","Transport"};
		side=1;
		scope=2;
		attendant=1;
		threat[]={0,0,0};
		class TransportItems
		{
			class _xx_FirstAidKit
			{
				name="FirstAidKit";
				count=20;
			};
			class _xx_Medikit
			{
				name="Medikit";
				count=10;
			};
		};
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[]={"Arma3_Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH-47I_Chinook\Data\Heli_Transport_03_ext01_CO.paa","Arma3_Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH-47I_Chinook\Data\Heli_Transport_03_ext02_CO.paa"};
	};
	class Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH47I_Chinook_Desert: B_Heli_Transport_03_F
	{
		author="Clumsy Baron";
		faction="Iron_Skulls_PMC_Desert";
		typicalCargo[]={"Iron_Skulls_PMC_Desert"};
		side=1;
		scope=2;
		attendant=1;
		threat[]={0,0,0};
		class TransportItems
		{
			class _xx_FirstAidKit
			{
				name="FirstAidKit";
				count=20;
			};
			class _xx_Medikit
			{
				name="Medikit";
				count=10;
			};
		};
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[]={"Arma3_Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH-47I_Chinook\Data\Heli_Transport_03_ext01D_CO.paa","Arma3_Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH-47I_Chinook\Data\Heli_Transport_03_ext02D_CO.paa"};
			};
	class Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH47I_Chinook_Snow: B_Heli_Transport_03_F
	{
		author="Clumsy Baron";
		faction="Iron_Skulls_PMC_Snow";
		typicalCargo[]={"Iron_Skulls_PMC_Snow"};
		side=1;
		scope=2;
		attendant=1;
		threat[]={0,0,0};
		class TransportItems
		{
			class _xx_FirstAidKit
			{
				name="FirstAidKit";
				count=20;
			};
			class _xx_Medikit
			{
				name="Medikit";
				count=10;
			};
		};
		hiddenSelectionsTextures[]={"Arma3_Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH-47I_Chinook\Data\Heli_Transport_03_ext01S_CO.paa","Arma3_Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH-47I_Chinook\Data\Heli_Transport_03_ext02S_CO.paa"};
	};
};
class cfgMods
{
	author="76561198058073375";
	timepacked="1437495037";
};

Most likely because you have not specified required addons.

Although your mod may be designed to run without any downloaded addons, you must still specify which bits of the 'vanilla game' need to be loaded for your mod to run.

This is because the engine treats even vanilla assets like addons, and it is entirely possible to load the engine without any units, vehicles, maps or...anything except a basic menu.

If you are unsure which addons are used, place an empty huron into a new editor mission and save it.

Then open the mission.sqm and see what has been added under "required addons" here.

I have not looked through the rest of your code in detail but try this step first.

Cheers,

Law

okey so i have tried the solution who you have kindly given to me but the texture for the huron is still not showing up and still has the vanilla texture

Ok, so the next thing I've noticed is a missing slash on your file paths:

"\Arma3_Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH-47I_Chinook\Data\Heli_Transport_03_ext01_CO.paa",
					"\Arma3_Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH-47I_Chinook\Data\Heli_Transport_03_ext02_CO.paa"

Also make sure your path actually matches your file structure while you're at it.

Assuming the above is correct, your files would read:

someDrive:\...\modFolder\addonFolder\Data\texture.paa

Where:

someDrive:\...   is irrelevant, just where you stored your mod files
modfolder        is the folder containing all the separate addon folders for this particular mod
addonFolder      is called Arma3_Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH-47I_Chinook. This is one specific addon within the overall mod
Data             is your Data folder

Make sure you don't have something like \Arma3_Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH-47I_Chinook\Arma3_Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH-47I_Chinook\Data\...
I've seen some videos where people have set it up this way, though I'm not sure why.

Second, I notice that you have only set hiddenSelectionsTextures for the mod vehicles.

Can't say I've used hidden selections much but my understanding is that these can be used to specify aspects of a model that start hidden but can be revealed through other methods.

Much like the new camo nets over tanks, which can be revealed or hidden in the editor.

The point being that textures assigned this way won't show up without you doing something to make them reveal.

I'm guessing this wasn't your intention.

Try adding the following for your first vehicle.

(You don't necessarily have to remove the hiddenSelectionTextures field, I believe it wouldn't cause issues to keep this).

textures[] = 
				{												
				};

I would recommend checking descriptions for each field here for help with vehicles.

For future reference it is worth noting that similar reference pages exist for weapons, ammo, magazines, sensors, targeting and probably more.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Law

unfortunately i have tried your possible solutions  and its still showing with vanilla textures

Apologies, I should have learnt not to answer forum posts exceptionally late at night.

I failed to remember that the 'textures' field exists within a textureSources class.

class CfgVehicles
{
	class B_Heli_Transport_03_F;
	class Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH47I_Chinook: B_Heli_Transport_03_F
	{
		displayName = "CH-47I Chinook";
		faction = "Iron_Skulls_PMC_Woodland";

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = 
		{													
		};

//hiddenSelections[] = {"camo1","camo2","camo3","filter"}; 					//should inherit from Huron
		//icon = "";
		//picture = "";

textureList[] = {"standard",1};

class textureSources
		{
			class standard
			{
				author = "Clumsy Baron";
				displayName = "Standard";
				factions[] = {"Iron_Skulls_PMC_Desert"};   			//Note; can have multiple factions here
				textures[] = 
				{												
				};
			};
		};
	};
};

The above is the complete script I used to successfully re-texture a different helicopter, except I have replaced file names from my mod with the ones you are using.

Try this as a start point, and if that works start adding back in your other parameters.

I also noticed that your addon folder name is the same as the classname of the vehicle.

I do not know if this causes issues, but perhaps it's possible it could.

Good luck,

Law

Also, if you wish to check that the .paa files definitely work, go into the editor, place a Huron and in the debug console use setObjectTexture to apply the texture on the fly.

This will rule out errors with texture file path.

For example:

_targetHuron setObjectTexture [0,"\Arma3_Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH-47I_Chinook\Data\Heli_Transport_03_ext01_CO.paa"];
_targetHuron setObjectTexture [0,"\Arma3_Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH-47I_Chinook\Data\Heli_Transport_03_ext02_CO.paa"];

I would be tempted to shorted the name of your addon for clarity's sake.

Something like:

class CfgPatches
{
	class iSkull_PMC_CH47I
	{

Note how your mod creates an entry in cfgPatches called "Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH47I_Chinook" as well as a vehicle class called "Iron_Skulls_PMC_CH47I_Chinook".

I don't know if this causes issues but as standard practice it's probably best avoided.

Cheers,

Law