cyborg111

HELP - Code ignored on Mission start???

Hi folks,

this three lines are added to a function and the function is set to {preInit = 1}.

systemChat "I am here"; // is shown at the map briefing screen.

player addEventHandler [ "Respawn", {systemChat "respawn"}]; // this code is completly ignored, no EH is added, no text shown on respawn???
player addEventHandler [ "Killed", {systemChat "killed"}]; // is shown when player dies.

if i put the second line in debug console and press local, it works fine after respawn.

WHAT CAN THAT BE???
thanks a lot

Difficult to follow you. I reply for your topic here.

First, you ask for a 3 line function (above), then you post a much more complex code with unknown variables coming from some script/addon.

If you want to test something, before opening the thread in dev branch or troubleshooting), you should write a simple code with the main desired effect, without any extra line of code garbling the result.

So, remove:

waitUntil {!isNil {missionNamespace getVariable "CCG_MAPINITIALIZATION_FINISHED"}};
waitUntil {{!isNil _x} count ["CCG_Friendly_Side","CCG_Enemy_Side","CCG_parachuteinprogress","CCG_addTaskmanagerActions","CCG_removeTaskmanagerActions","CCG_fnc_aceRoleCheck"] == 6};

and test your EH.

For more help, give the tested code. I mean the function with tested EH (without boring CCG... who people don't care at this moment). And the way you insert and call it in your scenario.

A step by step test is the key for debugging.