Sign in to follow this  
Hudson

"fighting omars" f/a-18c

Looks nice but will all those polys import into O2? How bout some ingame screens?

i dont think its that many polys...shading makes it look smooth..i think its around 4000-5000 polys..

how much is it? can u ask him?

cheers

just noticed, is it me, or is the forward cockpit brace missing?

no big deal, just wondering

That hornet (by Jus) has now about 3000-400 polys with simple cockpit. And we don't have any ingame screens becouse Jus works with the model still.

And this hornet will not be any addon, it will come with Finnish Defence Forces packet that includes many other things as well. And we don't know when the pack is going to be released.

What type of missiles are those in the center wing pylons behind each other? They seem to be a lot smaller than those AIM-9 sidewinders on the wingtips.

Weird camo,where is it used anyway?

*would prefer more work on the normal navy camo then two schemes*

one thing i noticed is that, most ppl in OFP community only care about what looks "Cool".. and not whats realistic, or how it is in reality... so u have to decide which way your going.

i personly go with realism, cause thats what OFP is trying to achieve.

cheers

well personally i think you should try to update your f15e, when you´re talking about realism, deadsoldier....

i really respect your hard work and all the time you put in this addon, but hey: as long as a modern aircraft divebombs targets, i dont look at it as an realistic addon, sry to say....

why don´t you try to use some of the original BIS "a10lgb" config parts in it, as this plane really bombs the targets in a realistic (talking of the ofp engine) way.

anyways, that´s just constructive critism, dont get offend by it smile.gif

last buit not least: looking forward for the final f18 result. i wish you good luck and i hope everything works well with your work aon this addon, hudson.

pang, we will update it, excpet as soon as we released the F-15E , i had final exams and was real busy, and when i was done, i started workingon mig-29, i was just tired of F-15, and wanted a change of atmosphere...you will see the realisiminthe mig-29..so dont worry. After mig, we will update tyhe F-15. We can do it, except we dont wanna do it now.

cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frisbee @ Dec. 26 2002,15:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Weird camo,where is it used anyway?

*would prefer more work on the normal navy camo then two schemes*<span id='postcolor'>

I agree, use the Low-vis camo that's on most of the aircraft in the Navy.

Frisbee: that looks like an adversary simulation paint scheme..ie the guys who pretend to be enemy jets in training..there's a number of hornets painted to look like Mig-29s etc, some of them have black painted panels on the tail etc so from a distance the shape looks more like the Russian planes.

Unatomber: those 'missiles' you mentioned seem to be mounted on a multiple bomb ejector rack..looks like some type of training bombs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 26 2002,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How far are you now?<span id='postcolor'>

Its actually real close to being done. I need to finish the cockpit animations and some more cpp tweaking. But over the hollidays I asked my mother (works for boeing) if she could get me into the cockpit of a F/A-18 so I could take some pics to make some photo-realistic textures. She says it shouldnt be a problem but as you can imagine thats going to push back the release date. Maybe the Su-30 im working on will be done by then. I estimate 2 to 3 months. I dont live near my moms and it will take some scheduling to get me in a cockpit :-)

As for everyone that dosent like the choice of camo......u can retexture it till your fingers fall off when its released. I am 100% dead set on the set of colors....sorry.

O yeah! nice pic.

Here is a good one I found on the net, they got alittle to close to eachother...

midair1.jpg

midair2.jpg

Well we are working on MIG-29 now... As for you PANG, The way the ai dives cannot be fixed so dont expect any of your dramatic ai fixing. so pang Be sure next time to research things before you feel you are positive. they have a word for that....... O yeah "Talking Outta Ur Ass".

I like this F18 addon so far it will be great if you can get some nice cockpit pics that will definetely improve everything. good luck.

Cheers

us marine, put your two fingers out of your brain and try to form them like this "V". btw you can smile with your face too, so just try it.

man, i´m just trying to give you ideas how to make your addon even better.

and i´m quite sure that you can include a script in the plane´s config, to avoid this diving and let the bombs be more accurate.

i´d have tried working it out by myself, but since the config is binarized, i just cant.

It's great that you're gonna go to that much trouble for photorealistic textures.

Keep up the good work smile.gif

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got the brown textures done. Jest needs the cockpit finished....

brown1.jpg

Big thanks to Tigershark at OFPEC for the lettering on the brown scheme....looks great!

Hudson good job on the blue camo and the opfor colors. That's the color used by opposition forces during training in Nevada. Are you going to make the regular navy grey camo too? By the way if there's anything I can do to help u on the cockpit just say it. msn: chambersburg_00@hotmail.com

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 29 2002,00:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hudson good job on the blue camo and the opfor colors.  That's the color used by opposition forces during training in Nevada.  Are you going to make the regular navy grey camo too?  By the way if there's anything I can do to help u on the cockpit just say it.    msn: chambersburg_00@hotmail.com<span id='postcolor'>

Echoing KDF?