Sign in to follow this  
Hudson

"fighting omars" f/a-18c

Please, grey camo? I want to make a behind enemy lines mission using the F-18 and I was hoping you'd make a regular grey camo.

Yeah man, it would be great for a grey NAVY paint. The one in behind enemy lines is a Super Hornet..this one hes making is not.

cheers

i think hes making both the hornet and superhornet. but the key words here are "i think" but im pretty sure

No grey textures right now. I got too much going on. The topic says F/A-18 "C" model. E and F models are super hornets.

Blah,why make a kind of useless opfor camo scheme and not the grey navy one that's seen the most?

If you'd want to do an air combat training mission it'd be useful,but dogfighting in ofp isn't done very often (for good reason)

Anyway,keep it up smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frisbee @ Dec. 30 2002,17:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Blah,why make a kind of useless opfor camo scheme and not the grey navy one that's seen the most....<span id='postcolor'>

When was the last time you played flashpoint and the camo scheme of the airplane you were fighting actually helped it in some way? Camoflauge dosent play that big a tactical role in OFP. With 1000 meter average view distance you see an object pretty much the same if its textured in camo or pink and purple polka-dots. I dont think the choice of colors is going to render the addon useless in combat situations. I said it before, If you want a grey hornet your gonna have to make the textures yourself. I have other things going on right now.

....grey is boring!

It may not make a difference flying and fighting with it but it makes it more realistic. You could just make a big box for a model and it wouldn't make a difference in how it fights but it would be unrealistic.

If the numbers and stuff on the jet are just decals I'm pretty sure it'd be easy to retexture the thing by just going to the picture files and editing them, then re releasing it as navy grey F18. I'd like to try myself but If someone comes out with it before I do then I wont' release mine.

I did mean realism,in a realistic mission an opfor scheme would be useless.

I don't intend to critisize your addon,but just the fact that that texture's there and the navy one isn't appears strange to me,that's all I meant to say.

hey

first step is to make the plane out .then the color shceme.

i don't think the aircraft color is useful in ofp.

cos we play tornado vs mig29beta every day this week.

you can just trust your radar not the plane color in the cockpit under 600 metres sight in ofp.

very hopfully to see your bird fly & fight in the ofp sky,hudson.

xmas.gif

Frisby I agree strongly with your last comment. That is why I'm going to retexture it with a grey camo once it is released.

speaking of release's when is it going to be released? if its not done yet how much of it is done(in a percentage)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Jan. 01 2003,15:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Frisby I agree strongly with your last comment.  That is why I'm going to retexture it with a grey camo once it is released.<span id='postcolor'>

With Hudon's permission, right? He has been working on this for quite some time you know.

Im just about done with the hornet, doing some more testing tonight with some friends. Get ready for a public release possibly tomorrow. The addon is at 8.8 Mbs right now, 15 different planes in 3 color schemes (yes I made an ugly grey one) Agressor Blue, Desert Agressor, and Navy Grey schemes. A Sidewinder, AMRAAM, HARM, Mk82, and Paveway 2000lb version comes in each color.

grey.jpg

grey2.jpg

WOW! They look fantastic. But PLEASE make them in their own class so we don't have 15 aircraft listed in an already crowded list of West aircraft. By that I mean please make it like the BAS helicopters which have their own category under the west units menu.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Jan. 06 2003,19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WOW!  They look fantastic.  But PLEASE make them in their own class so we don't have 15 aircraft listed in an already crowded list of West aircraft.  By that I mean please make it like the BAS helicopters which have their own category under the west units menu.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD><span id='postcolor'>

Thats a good idea, thanks for the suggestion. Will do.

Hey, that is looking good....

Just 1 thingy, serials on the nose is a real "east" scheme.

In the west, only Topgunners and Agressors (american squadrons simulating russians) have aircraft with serials on the nose.

L8R,

TopCover

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TopCover @ Jan. 06 2003,21:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, that is looking good....

Just 1 thingy, serials on the nose is a real "east" scheme.

In the west, only Topgunners and Agressors (american squadrons simulating russians) have aircraft with serials on the nose.

L8R,

TopCover<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe you should read the thread....

Not only that.....apart from the fact Topcover didnt read the thread....his statement is grossly wrong....

Let's see now:

030103-N-4655M-002.jpg

011026-F-4884R-006.jpg

Am I missing something...or do all those non agressor jets have numbers on their nose?

Nice work Hudson....keep it coming..looking forward to their release.

Thanks again Tigershark! nice pics btw.

ralph wiggium gonna frickin frag your a$$ when he sees those  biggrin.gif

would make pretty good refrence pics tho

i could send you a good weapons reference pic if you want