Dredd1973

Weapon scopes & target hit indicators

This may be in the works already, but I wanted to ask / suggest that at some point there be scoped and red dot / holographic sited weapons. So far every weapon I've used has been iron sights. It would be great to get a magnifying scope with reticle or a red dot site. I know this game is set in the '90s, but red dot sites really came into being in 1975 with the Aimpoint Electronic. (There were some as soon as the end of WWII, but this was the first mass produced commercially available).

Also, hit markers / registers when hitting your enemy. There's no visual feedback as to whether or not you're hitting your target. No health bar going down, no numbers popping up to indicate how much health you're taking away. I think a health bar would be bad for this game, but maybe make an opponent grunt / moan very loudly when hit and a very visible splash of blood where you hit. I know some games don't like blood because they want a very inclusive ESRB rating, but Vigor is PEGI 16 which equates to ESRB M, so blood on your target when hitting shouldn't be a problem rating wise.

I´m not sure if i like the idea of weapons with scopes and red dot aiming. Don´t you think i would increase the amount of campers? 

A hit indicator like blood or moaning would be a good idea imho.

There would be no point in camping in this game. You need to move to get loot also there is a slight sound indicator when you hit someone. It makes the sound of like the bullet hitting rubber but yeah, hit markers need improving

You not only need to move to get loot, but you have to move to avoid being killed by radiation.

I just think some kind of scope, even if it's not a very high mag. would introduce the ability to have other play styles instead of everything being frantic CQB.

Since I'm not chatting with anyone when i play I haven't been wearing my Turtle Beach headset, just TV speakers, maybe that's why I'm not hearing the sound of the bullets impact.

There will be guns with scopes added later. A successful hit is indicated in several ways, actually: the crosshair briefly turns red, there is a blood splatter and a hit sound, and based on various factors, there's an animation for a hit target.

• Like 1

There is blood splatter when you hit someone but the effect is so minimal and small that you can only see it when up close. 

2 hours ago, Locklear said:

There will be guns with scopes added later. A successful hit is indicated in several ways, actually: the crosshair briefly turns red, there is a blood splatter and a hit sound, and based on various factors, there's an animation for a hit target.

There's no crosshairs when ADSing though... 

I don't want hit indicators, but maybe making the blood splatter a bit more visible would help. =] 

It will go through some tweaking to sate your bloodlust. :)

• Like 1

What was already mentioned - you lose the crosshairs when ADS which, since I like first person shooters, is exactly what I do. I rarely stay 3rd person to engage.