XV Anarchist VX

Gun play awkwardness

So I've been finding gunplay awkward. I've never been killed carrying a crate even when there is someone right on top of me. Just run and you can't hit enough to be killed.

I figured I'd gotten lucky all 5 times until I watched two guys duke it out for 5 minutes. One finally drops and the other guy goes prone and starts looting. I run up pull out my luger as I'm literally standing ontop of him and promptly unload the 8 rounds I have. To my suprise he gets up and proceeds to shoot me for a minute till I'm dead. 

I get guns aren't lazerbeams but when I'm litterally standing on a guy Im pretty sure I'd have to try to miss...

Anyone else having this experience?

Here is a prime example. Notice I'm at about half health and totally unarmed here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AsjiqxB6vzvLg5gjT0Xd5unMZLYG6A

The gunplay is pretty random. 

Bullets only seem hit when you ADS. So aiming in third person is pretty much useless. 

The hit detection seems to be pretty bad also. 

I was face to face with a guy shooting at him multiple times with a shotgun while he just runs up to me and kills me with a knife. 

That didn't seem fair at all and I wish I could have recorded it to show you guys. 

I do live in Brazil and I'm not sure where the servers for the game are so it could be that my ping was high but yeah. 

That was pretty unfair lol

I've been avoiding gunfights lately. 

They bug out too much.

Sometimes my gun won't even fire. 

I'm just looting/getting the drop and running to an exit. 

Nobody seems to be able to kill me when I'm running because of the clunky aiming lol

I’ve literally stood at 3 feet away, got the drop on a guy, fired 1/2 a clip and ended up loosing the gun fight. How does the scenario make sense? It doesn’t. It would be nice to hear foot steps too. For now we have ninja outlanders I guess.

1 hour ago, Shaunski said:

I’ve literally stood at 3 feet away, got the drop on a guy, fired 1/2 a clip and ended up loosing the gun fight. How does the scenario make sense? It doesn’t. It would be nice to hear foot steps too. For now we have ninja outlanders I guess.

Happens all the time. That's why I usually just run away lol. 

The footsteps are there but in the snow map they're easier to hear because in the other map it's always raining. 

3rd person is and is not accurate at specific distances based on the weapon type. U can test this on the range. 1st person is pretty accurate but the gun sway makes it clunky and is a little odd. I understand gun sway is meant to feel realistic but I run rifles alot as a hobby/job and I am on target very fast with very little "sway". I think games can do away with most of that. Sway is actually not that realistic.  

• Like 1

The gun behavior is awesome! It is one of the things that get my special attention on this Beta. In a good way!

For ONCE guns actually behave in a video game somewhat like they should = somewhat like a real thing@shooting range. And this comes from a person that have shot a real Suomi KP/-31 and I loved it. It was only somewhat accurate in short burst. Also the pistols "fell right" Most of the people in real live can't hit a human size target 15 m away without practice and game simulates that well. Even the target was still not to mention how difficult it is to hit a moving target. There aren't may games doing this "right" Especially not on the console: Red Orchestra on a PC good example and I loved it!

Also people who have played COD but never fired a real gun have to understand that of course all weapons and especially pistol has it's own dispersion where bullets are being dropped even it was tied in a bench vice. An old gun with short barrel like Luger has a huge dispersion very difficult to hot anything further away. Really love it how guns are implemented looks very promising and hope it won't be dumbed down too much!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GimbleFIN_ said:

The gun behavior is awesome! It is one of the things that get my special attention on this Beta. In a good way!

For ONCE guns actually behave in a video game somewhat like they should = somewhat like a real thing@shooting range. And this comes from a person that have shot a real Suomi KP/-31 and I loved it. It was only somewhat accurate in short burst. Also the pistols "fell right" Most of the people in real live can't hit a human size target 15 m away without practice and game simulates that well. Even the target was still not to mention how difficult it is to hit a moving target. There aren't may games doing this "right" Especially not on the console: Red Orchestra on a PC good example and I loved it!

Also people who have played COD but never fired a real gun have to understand that of course all weapons and especially pistol has it's own dispersion where bullets are being dropped even it was tied in a bench vice. An old gun with short barrel like Luger has a huge dispersion very difficult to hot anything further away. Really love it how guns are implemented looks very promising and hope it won't be dumbed down too much!

What you seem be missing is that fact that the difficulty in using guns comes from the clunky aiming and shooting controls. Not because the developers meant it to be hard/realistic.

There's a difference. 

4 minutes ago, Skitelz said:

What you seem be missing is that fact that the difficulty in using guns comes form the clunky aiming and shooting controls. Not because the developers meant it to be this hard. 

There's a difference. 

That might be totally possible that I'm missing something, while so far my experience is only from Xbox One X. Is it the frame rate or what we are talking about here?

I don't think there is any extra clunky feeling onto it at the moment with Xbox One X, considering it's a version 0.5something. I think it somewhat match for example PUBG and definitely better than the level where PUBG was on it's Preview release on Xbox One.

It's really not about the gunplay, COD or real life, it's about when you're 2' away from someone, you plug them with an AK ironsights, they turn stab you 4 times and you die. Personally I like the gunplay. I'm Assuming hit detection or netcode need to be fixed otherwise it's fun.

5 hours ago, GimbleFIN_ said:

That might be totally possible that I'm missing something, while so far my experience is only from Xbox One X. Is it the frame rate or what we are talking about here?

I don't think there is any extra clunky feeling onto it at the moment with Xbox One X, considering it's a version 0.5something. I think it somewhat match for example PUBG and definitely better than the level where PUBG was on it's Preview release on Xbox One.

Remember how the aiming was when PUBG launched for Xbox? 

That's pretty much how it is here, but with even worse hit detection, just like the guy below you said. 

There's a reason people come out of a gunfight alive using only a knife. 

The gunplay is broken. 

But that's what alphas/betas are for. 

So the developers can make the game better. =) 

Yep. A guy ran up behind me near the exit and dumped a whole drum mag at me but I just moved around a bunch until the timer ran out. Lol

Its early access sure. Hopefully they are tweaking. I'm sure they are. I should have died, even an unskilled person IRL with a drum mag 9mm carbine should have hit me. 

Bro, I get way more kills just going in with a bayonet and some meds than i do going in with guns, guns are broken right now. All i do is strafe people while repeatedly stabbing them and they drop without being able to get a hit. You can move faster than people can aim, even with max sensitivity. I took out a scummy team of 3 people with just my knife, only thing is i couldn't even loot any of them because their loot crates keep glitching out, flying off 30 feet in a random direction and not letting me open them. 

Its really bad. I decided to stream it today and if you go back and watch its clear, the gun play needs the most work. Its hard for me to get behind a game and keep playing when the one part of the game that requires some skill is left up to luck. I'm going to keep my eye on that change log for changes regarding aiming and movement, until then I've gotta set this game down for a moment

With shotguns landing all the pellets is an instant kill. I found this out by testing on an afk player (they only had a knife so it was good). If it takes 3 clips (?) to kill a dude even when landing your shots then you should probably work on the hit detection  (maybe make bullets slower? Or add more boxes inside that only work if the others failed)