socs

Arma 3 single player delay

Hey guys, I have a problem and its becoming quite annoying. Before I begin to explain my situation here are my specs

i7 7700k CPU @ 2.80 GHZ OC 3.2
GTX 1050
8gb ram
Windows 10
1TB SSD, 600 GB left

My problem is, for whatever reason when I go to pick up the intel in my mission, my game seems to lag, or a better word would be delay. What I mean by this is when I press the spacebar button to "Examine Leaflet" I have a trigger that completes the task and start up a new one. I have this intel in an empty room in a house with a lantern, 2 document folders, a table, and then finally the leaflet. I have no clue why as I've never had this issue in the past with any games or in fact, never had this issue with arma before about a week ago. I have no scripts running. I have a couple objects near by but no amount that should overload my CPU. The delay happens like this, I go to pick up the intel and hold space, for whatever reason it takes like 5 seconds before I even see the circle start moving showing that I'm examining it, then I put down the leaflet no problem, no lag, no nothing. Then the delay happens after I put it down. It takes 5 seconds for the task complete to come up and then another 5 for the new task assigned message. Hell I even paused the game and it was still somehow rendering the task assigned message into the game... With the graphics card I have  and specs I have, I should be able to run this game normally on high settings, which I can about 50-60 FPS but the drop and the delay happens when I go to pick up my intel. So in an effort to try and subside the delay I went ahead and through shadowing, clouds, etc on standard or even just off completely. No help. I messed with vsync and FSAA. No help. Put my viewing distance from 2500 to 1500. No help. Theres no background applications that take up any CPU space or anything. Arma 3 seems to take up 70-80%. I'm just out of loss at this point and don't know what to do. Hell I even Run GTA 5 on a practical very high resolution rate with no problems. So I'm running out of ideas, if you're here to tell me to "get a better PC" just don't even bother responding. Mines just fine and I run every other game I have just fine with no problems, this just seems to be the one it struggles with and im outta loss... I can even play with a high amount of objects around me in arma with it cutting to 25-30 maybe once or twice... I just don't get why it's the part with the least objects and the simplest task. Any and all help is much appreciated. Thank you.

Sidenote: I also let arma render the game for me and most of the stuff was put on very high.

On 15.7.2018 at 4:02 AM, socs said:

I have a trigger

I have no scripts running

I see a discrepancy here.

Are you running any mods? Could you upload your RPT?

10 hours ago, Dedmen said:

I see a discrepancy here.

Are you running any mods? Could you upload your RPT?

I'm running 50 mods, and have been for over a year, however this hasn't started happening until 2 weeks ago. And could you define RPT please?

It takes 5 seconds for the task complete to come up and then another 5 for the new task assigned message.

My first thought was that it sounds like Scripts but...

I have no scripts running.

Threw me off. But

10 hours ago, socs said:

I'm running 50 mods

Shows me that "I have no scripts running" is a lie.

So probably scripts. Some mod is spawning so many scripts that hte game is overloaded with them and as the game only has 3ms every frame to process scripts. It pushes the one it couldn't process that frame up into the next frame. And so on. That's why that script only get's processed after 5 seconds.