ReRedRingerSpore

People teaming up and no gamertags to report

Its too bad some people's idea of fun is to ruin the fun. I had been happily noobing myself along for more than half the day, until this sad turn of events developed... http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/redringerspore/video/55827580

Obviously this is not how the game was intended to be played :P I hope something can be done to prevent or discourage this in the near future.

ive encounted this quite a few times actually.

I really dont see any issue with teaming up.. wants the problem? This could and would happen with irl situations

4 minutes ago, onlyonejourney said:

I really dont see any issue with teaming up.. wants the problem? This could and would happen with irl situations

i would expect a way to form teams in game, if that was how the developers wanted it to be played. i have friends that i would team up with but i wouldnt want to abuse other players who are playing as they are supposed to; solo.

I guess u have no imagination.. and who expects us to play solo?  If I came across a friendly and we teamed, what's wrong with that?  I do get your point but still.

If solo is intended.. I'd be curious as to the solution. Too easy to team up unless servers are as random has pubg. Which that could be the solution I guess.

How are they teaming up? You'd have to be in party chat and enter the MM queue at the same time, but what are the chances you'd get in the exact same instance of the map?

I don´t see the problem either. Especially when there are more players then now, i don´t think you can intentional coordinate teams with friends. And spontaneous team building based on the situation is OK and part of the idea. 

if you watch my clip, and imagine my surprise... i havent played the game today because of the huge turn off. it was alot of fun until then. as it is, during this closed beta, it takes a few minutes at best to fill a single match lobby. so its extremely easy right now to team up.

Edited by ReRedRingerSpore
added last sentence

Yes it annoying when people team when your only solo kind of makes it unfair.

I don't see a problem with it persoally but I can see it being a massive turn off. Perhaps there could be a "team" regions being introduced in the future.

6 hours ago, alexbell1991 said:

I don't see a problem with it persoally but I can see it being a massive turn off. Perhaps there could be a "team" regions being introduced in the future.

you dont see a massive turn off to be a problem?

people that are saying they dont see a problem with it are the people doing it.

• Like 4

Hopefully this will go away when the game releases to everyone.

It does remind me of the Korean language trick to boost the Lone Wolves playlist in Halo 3.

I've encountered obvious teamers on three occasions, and it is very frustrating. I agree with OP, there needs to be a report function.

I believe teaming is an issue for now, when the player count is low. It should not be the case once there are many more concurrent players. If teaming is something that happens between strangers in a match as a result of an ad hoc communication by movement (and later, gestures), we are absolutely fine with that. In the future, we want to introduce some sort of co-op option for playing with friends against other like-minded players.

• Like 5

i cant imagine people stopping to make gestures when they are getting chased or shot at. no strangers are going to team up ad hoc lol... i realize this is still in development and wouldnt expect new modes to be added overnight. but im very surprised that a developer would condone this unsportsmanlike behavior. as long as there arent separate modes for solo or teams, teams should be frowned upon...  you speak of straitening things out in the future, but what about right now? how is this a successful test of a solo game mode? you have teams running around dominating and insuring they and their friends get all the loot they want before the end of the match, easily overpowering anybody who is playing by themselves.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2018 at 2:27 AM, Dredd1973 said:

How are they teaming up? You'd have to be in party chat and enter the MM queue at the same time, but what are the chances you'd get in the exact same instance of the map?

It's actually easier than you think. 

All you have to do is queue up for a game on the same map, at the same time. 

Chances of both players ending up in the same match is actually pretty high. 

• Like 1

When the full game starts, it's should be harder for them to connect on the same map i suppose. I ran in to two teams and i hide till i get out of sight then retreat. I have question that it's not about teaming, does anybody knows that if progress in this game preview will transfer to the full game later? Thank you.

The progress will not transfer to the game once it releases. There may be some wipes in the meantime, too, as will be needed for testing.