Version 0.3 beta

History

Mi-24A (Hind-B NATO classification) was the first production model of the legendary Mi-24 helicopter series. It was build relying on a "Flying IFV" concept. The early model could carry up to 8 soldiers and use a wide choice of weapons, like S8 rocket pods, UPK-32 gunpods, bombs and guided missiles AT-2 Swatter.

Addon info

It's a port of the ArmA 2 OA mod, which was made by Pathetic_Bezerker. All I've done is changed configs to the ArmA 3 standards and added some A3 features to it.

Features

- Can carry up to 8 persons as passengers and 2 as FFV gunners
- Dynamic loadout from Jets DLC
- Detailed and historically accurate model
- Additional skins, which can be changed via BIS Garage (Russian, CDF, Takistan, more will be ported later)
- You can cosplay Rambo and Red Dawn with this helicopter!

Known issues

- A little strange flight model
- No advanced flight model (will be implimented soon)
- Pilot hands position need to be fixed
- No server key

Credits & Thanks:

PATHETIC BERSERKER - For the vision, 3D modeling, texture work, and rudimentary animation & config stuff behind creating this addon.
zGUBA - Advancing and directing config and general clue giving/direction pointing.
ICEBREAKER - for supplying Government Army of Lingor camo and roundels for GAL and Molatian units.
BIS - For allowing the use of textures (specifically instrument clock faces) As well as the great game platform, tools, and community support we know them for.
LEOPOTAM - For correcting the Russian on the instrument panels and for his awesome Blender to O2 export/import tools making this project possible for me.
And a great thanks goes out to both EricM and RKSL Studios.
Additional thanks goes to Lyotchik-Sniper for his help with implimenting doorgunners and dynamic loadout
Javik - the person who most cried about adding Mi-24a into Arma 3 and very shy person

Download:

Link removed by the Moderating Team

9CBEE3FD9F4B09BE36F45542E7C8D2C6DCF33F6B

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Just over a week ago I was looking around for this very addon and lamenting that it had not been ported to A3. And now here it is! A big thanks to everybody involved. S!

Heya, did you recieve permission from the original author to port this forward?

Well, RKSL for starters is known to be properly strick and careful about copyright issues, as are some of the other names on the helpers list, so most likely this is legit :) 

I’m sure col. Mashenko will clarify that so we’ll know for sure, though.

It is said on the model, that it's free to use in arma (It's written in russian). Moreover the model was made not by RKSL, it was made by Pathetic_Bezerker. And I said that all i did is changed configs to A3 standards. I don't call myself as an author. All rights are reserved by Pathetic_Bezerker. If he say that he wants the mod away from Workshop, I would remove it

4 hours ago, FlyingVolvo said:

Heya, did you recieve permission from the original author to port this forward?

G_k0_uaQ_JA.jpg

IMHO is better that you ask an explicit permission for the use of this chopper.  Is a good guy, there will isn't no one problem

I'd like to, but he was online more than a year ago last time

5 hours ago, zukov said:

IMHO is better than you ask an explicit permission for the use of this chopper.  Is a good guy, there will isn't no one problem

22 hours ago, SB Vlog said:

Mi-24a Krokodil pls link download ??

The download was removed probably in 2018 by the moderator, as

its assumed from the above posts that the OP didn't have full permissions to release the heli.

Lastly the would be author which is the post above your hasn't been on the forums here since 2018,

in the future if your looking to post to ask questions on a thread, check to see if the author is responding, you

can hover your mouse cursor over their name and their profile will pop up stating when they were on last.

Welcome to BI forums btw! Cheers!