iimabsTract

Cant play fully

I log in perfectly fine and roam my shelter. However when I go to an encounter it will find players and say waiting for server. It doesnt go past this and I have sat there and left it until the game kicks me for inactivity. I have not found a fix yet and is very disappointing. 

I was able to play until about a couple hours ago. Servers don’t seem to be working. I’ve been queueing up for the 2 maps for over an hour with no success. 

I downloaded a couple hours ago. Like 5 or 6 and yeah never worked. I just wanna try it haha. Wonder If they got slammed at that time.

I couldn't find enough players to go from shelter to multiplayer either, I kept backing completely out of the game and then going back in, after a few times I was able to do multiplayer.

19 hours ago, survivorking said:

I get the same waiting for sever this has been going on since 4 my time are the severs have problems?

My best guess, since this is a closed preview and they're releasing access codes in waves, is that it's a player population to server ratio issue. In other words there's still relatively a small number of players, and we're getting scattered across many servers instead of being consolidated into only a few. When the game fully releases lots of servers will be a good thing, but with a small player base right now it appears to be placing us on servers with few players. 

Also, hopefully? The servers are taking your ping / latency into consideration as well. It may be there's not a lot of people who have good ping to the same as you so you get sent to the one where you have low latency but few other people are.

If that's the case you have to decide at what point you're willing to deal with high ping /lag to be on a server with more players.

Buuuttt..... all of this is pure conjecture on my behalf because I really have no idea what the back end looks like at all.

Hate to double post consecutively in the same thread, but I need to add that SOMETHING has got to be done with the match making for the MP areas. The highest I got was 5/8 and then it would drop to 4/8 or 3/8.

Not going to stay in game just wondering around the shelter, if I can't actually play the game there's no point.

I'll try again each night, but after 5 or 10 minutes if I can't actually get in a match I'll be doing something else with the rest of my evening.

Would like to play / test out this game but that's not possible with the current state of match making for the multi-player areas.