Sign in to follow this  
Sunderer5000

Push To Talk Issues (Handle Does Not Appear)

Hey everyone, I would like to think this issue is on here but I kept finding similar issues that weren't the same as mine.  My mic works fine in steam, it works fine in every other voip, it even shows that I am pressing the capslock button in the bottom left of the screen in game.  However, in KOTH, when I press capslock, my handle doesn't show up indicating that people can hear me, and they cannot hear me.  I got this to work once and now it has stopped again.  Please help, this is ridiculous!  This game has been out way to long to still be having these kinds of issues.  Please don't ask me if my mic is setup in wondows or if it works, it is and it does.  It is an issue with the game.

Try a different channel

Some missions have Side or Global blocked to reduce spamming the comms.

1 hour ago, Sunderer5000 said:

Hey everyone, I would like to think this issue is on here but I kept finding similar issues that weren't the same as mine.  My mic works fine in steam, it works fine in every other voip, it even shows that I am pressing the capslock button in the bottom left of the screen in game.  However, in KOTH, when I press capslock, my handle doesn't show up indicating that people can hear me, and they cannot hear me.  I got this to work once and now it has stopped again.  Please help, this is ridiculous!  This game has been out way to long to still be having these kinds of issues.  Please don't ask me if my mic is setup in wondows or if it works, it is and it does.  It is an issue with the game.

Also it maybe the server, some servers block in game communication as they expect you to join their teamspeak server.

And also, a mission or server can use their key for audio dialogue.

Sigh, this forum just wiped everything I was typing because the Im not a robot thing timed out....

Thanks for the replies guys, but people were talking on the servers and I went to the same channel they were talking on, so no dice on those possiblities.  I also had people confirm they were using the same key when they tried to help me get it working, so it isn't a server specific ptt (That seems stupid btw, would fuck with ppls bindings and seems to be no purpose to it)

You should not have any problems with the audio dialogue in case:
- Arma3 uses audio input and output through communication channels. The communication channels are several, the general, the channel of the detachment, the channel of the commander .... When you change the chat channel (the color changes), the communication channel changes. This gives everyone the opportunity not to interfere with each other or interact.
- Arma3 uses audio input and output via devices, which is assigned by default in Windows
- If you have more than one input device, and you've changed input devices on the fly (while Arma3 is running), you will not have any audio device working before restarting the game.
- In the latest edition of Windows 10, changes are made. Now you can configure individually for each application, which audio devices will be used for each, if there are several devices in the PC. Check how you are set up.
- If you are using Arma3 games, use any other communication applications, TeamSpeak or Discord, then there may be conflicts of mutual access to the microphone from several applications. Collided with this, but I was not heard in the Discord. Maybe you have a reverse situation. You need to configure this.
Maybe I forgot something, and someone will supplement me or correct me.

5 hours ago, lex__1 said:

You should not have any problems with the audio dialogue in case:
- Arma3 uses audio input and output through communication channels. The communication channels are several, the general, the channel of the detachment, the channel of the commander .... When you change the chat channel (the color changes), the communication channel changes. This gives everyone the opportunity not to interfere with each other or interact.
- Arma3 uses audio input and output via devices, which is assigned by default in Windows
- If you have more than one input device, and you've changed input devices on the fly (while Arma3 is running), you will not have any audio device working before restarting the game.
- In the latest edition of Windows 10, changes are made. Now you can configure individually for each application, which audio devices will be used for each, if there are several devices in the PC. Check how you are set up.
- If you are using Arma3 games, use any other communication applications, TeamSpeak or Discord, then there may be conflicts of mutual access to the microphone from several applications. Collided with this, but I was not heard in the Discord. Maybe you have a reverse situation. You need to configure this.
Maybe I forgot something, and someone will supplement me or correct me.

I don't have any other voip running and even if I did, it has to be an issue within arma 3 that when I press the push to talk butt, which the game recognizes as the push to talk per the indicator in the bottom left of my screen, it does not actually engage my audio as it does not show my handle indicating to both myself, and to others, that I am speaking.  Since there are two ways in which arma 3 shows recognition that you are attempting to speak, through the bottom left corner showing the mic, and by showing your handle to indicate to others that you are speaking, and it only shows the bottom left mic symbol without showing my handle, then it has to be an issue with arma itself not fully recognizing my comms.