Hey guys. I've been trying to get my vest to weigh properly for awhile now, but I just can't seem to get the weights right. As I can't exactly find a topic specific to vest weighting and modding, (mostly on uniforms) i'd like to seek advise on the best way to do this.

I've tried using the A3 character modding guide via 3ds max and I think that it's more suitable for uniforms. I'd like my vest to be rigid as if there were armor plates in them. 

28485962377_b3ac2ba676.jpg

43355279421_b9e6ac11a3.jpg

My question is, am I doing this wrong? What is the common way of doing this for experienced modding teams out there i.e RHS, VSM. Do they do it manually in O2 or in an external program such as 3dsmax or Blender? 
Thanks in advance!

I would say usually all character weights need to be manually tweaked to work properly. Blender (and probalby Max too) have tools to copy weights from one model to another so you could copy weights from the sample vest and then tweak them to your liking. 

Object Builder does not have very great weighting tools so using external software is adviceable.

You will likely need to make compromise with the weighting because rigid mesh parts may not move properly with the Arma animations.

I would recommend skipping the auto weighing and doing it by hand.  Load it up in object builder and paint spine, spine1, spine2, spine3, left shoulder and right shoulder by hand.  Pay attention to the weighing where the plates are.  Your weighing may look more rigid which is what you're going for.  Be sure the lower most selection of the vest on the back is very light since the bottom part of your vest since it'll ride up.

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it. Things have been working well so far, will update if im making good progress :)