Hey guys, I have a question...

I was experimenting with fighter jets (Black Wasp, Shirka, etc.) playing the different available scenarios, mods, and some editor experimentation.

In videos I've seen it was mentioned that upon locking onto a moving target (with the radar turned on) a Target Lead Indicator should appear to show where the pilot needs to aim to hit the target. But every time I tried doing so I can't seem to see the TLI. I've tried approaching at different angles and speeds, tried different planes, but so far I've yet to understand how it is supposed to work.

I do see the large circle with the dot in its center, and I thought that was supposed to lead the target, but when whenever I see it, it always seems to be trailing slightly behind the target... Any tips, ideas, or even a link to a more comprehensive guide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

You need to put the circle on the target. This is known as the LCOS piper. Basically, IRL a TLI that you might be used to from arcade games doesn't really exist (at least on systems that I know). Instead, you have a piper which shows where your bullets will be considering distance to target and relative velocities. Put this over the part of the target that you want to hit (usually center of mass, but in some cases you need to actually aim at the engines), and fire.

• Like 1