Mambino

Faction Modding Resources?

I've been wanting for a while to make custom factions that I can use in the editor and I don't want to use ALiVE's ORBAT tool to do this.  I'm really new to modding so I've been looking for guides that cover the whole process of faction and config modding in relative detail that are workable for people without much prior experience in modding but I've come up empty-handed.  Do any such resources exist?  Where can they be found?

Thanks.

Did you want to use existing in-game models (ie retexture) or create new models?

22 minutes ago, Rich_R said:

Did you want to use existing in-game models (ie retexture) or create new models?

I don't even want to retexture.  I just want to create a few new factions using vanilla assets but with some changes to organisation, loadouts, and classnames, etc.  Once I get the basics down I might try and try retexturing and modelling but not now.

This part of the BI wiki walks you through everything

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Characters_And_Gear_Encoding_Guide

The only difference is you won’t create custom uniforms just the factions and load outs.

The other advice (given in many many posts similar to this) is to break apart your favorite mod or even BIs and see how they do their config. Arma seems to be pretty flexible on a lot of stuff found in a config.

I started with zero knowledge and found the best way to learn is by just doing it.

Youll always be learning regardless.

• Thanks 1