HazJ

[SOLVED] Magazine type returning -1

Anyone know why magazinesAmmoFull is always returning -1 for mag type? Wiki says "n/a" but why? It is primary weapon mag type. Maybe it is just me? I loop through all magazines. I even tried it with just primary magazines in my loadout (no frag grenades, etc):

hintSilent format ["%1", ((magazinesAmmoFull player select 0) select 3)];

Output: -1

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/magazinesAmmoFull

No idea either, hand grenades and smoke grenades seem to return proper values.

Handguns as well.

Maybe post in the scripting thread on the devbranch forum, a dev might chime in.

Edit: Played around with it, it only returns 1 for primary weapon magazines if the magazine is currently loaded in the primary weapon.

So it's not according to wiki which type of weapon the magazine belongs to. Kinda misleading, doubt this is intended.

Go figure.

Cheers

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

it only returns 1 for primary weapon magazines if the magazine is currently loaded in the primary weapon.

So it's not according to wiki which type of weapon the magazine belongs to. Kinda misleading,

Aye, should really be called Current Muzzle Type instead of Magazine Type, if they only report their type when loaded. Which is correct for grenades as no matter where they are (vest etc) at least one of their type (smoke#color, chemlight#color, RGN etc ) is already loaded in a weapon muzzle of type throw (one for each child muzzle type of throw is loaded for when you "Cycle Throw Items" ).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1