Ginger Ninja

Joystick translation halved

I'm having an issue with my X-56 joystick, and I noticed it as I was in hover mode in a helicopter. When I strafe with the stick all the way to any direction, pressing the button for the same direction shows there's plenty of lacking input.

I've googled this issue and the solution that worked for most people did not work for me. The Xbox controller was never mapped to begin with, and I've since unmapped, disabled, and unplugged it. I've several times wiped the input-list and tried remapping, but there seems to be something that still makes it half of what it's supposed to be. 

I've no idea what to do....

did you check if your joystick drivers were up to date or something ?

Yeah drivers are up to date. Hadn't checked that so thanks for the suggestion.

To elaborate a little more on the issue, because I do not think it lies with the joystick. In options when I select to customize the joystick I can see that the game registers from -100 to 100, so it should be fine. But still it's halved when applied in game in flying. I've read that if you have several axes mapped to the same keybinding the game inputs the average of them all. Seems to me there's some ghost axis mapped someplace, but I can't find it. Even in the text file containing my options I can only see 3 numbers which corresponds with the three mappings there: A, Left Arrow key and then my joystick axis.