Sign in to follow this  
Shiloh

Can't view .rtm files in Object Builder?

Hey everyone,

I found Macser's ArmaRig for Blender tutorial

and decided to jump in, as I've been wanting to create some custom animations for my screenshot work (more specifically wanting to create some static zombie poses). I followed along with his video tutorial but ran into an issue near the end. I managed to export the pose as an .rtm file, but when I try to use the A3 Object Builder to view it, nothing appears on screen, it's just the empty field. Like this: 8FfkhL6.jpg

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here? I've been tearing my hair out and google has been less than helpful.

Also, while I'm here: How exactly would I go about adding an .rtm file into the game so I can actually use it?

Thanks!

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't see imgur lnks.

I won't tackle the last part of your question. I'm not an A3 aficionado.  There's plenty of people here and on Discord with far more experience. But the animation will need to be configured to have the engine use it.

As for the first part, if you're doing static animations you don't need OB. You can just export straight to your project folder. I only really used O2PE to show the rtm had been successfully created. Although if you're set on using OB, the mesh you view the animations on should have only selections used by the rtm.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Macser said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't see imgur lnks.

I won't tackle the last part of your question. I'm not an A3 aficionado.  There's plenty of people here and on Discord with far more experience. But the animation will need to be configured to have the engine use it.

As for the first part, if you're doing static animations you don't need OB. You can just export straight to your project folder. I only really used O2PE to show the rtm had been successfully created. Although if you're set on using OB, the mesh you view the animations on should have only selections used by the rtm.

Thanks for the reply! I'll do some more research.

Consider an account on discord. The A3 channel is pretty lively.

• Thanks 1