Xenophes

Camera locked in sky when scenario starts

20180705233511_1.jpg

Whenever I start the scenario in either Singleplayer or Multiplayer I load into this. I can't control or move the camera, but I can access the menu (which sometimes stops working too for no reason). The only way I've found to get past this is to open the Zeus menu while ingame, which doesn't work for any units I don't allow to Zeus (i.e. player characters). I'm kinda at my wit's end with this and would appreciate some help.

I don't think this is a mod problem since it started to occur after I had already loaded in with no problems with the same mod set up, but just in case here's my list of mods.

unknown.png

Edit: After an arduous trial and error testing of what was breaking the mission (i.e. deleting things individually, testing if it worked, then adding more and more back) I found that what was messing up my mission was one of the Ares mod structures. In particular, it was the AP minefield. Once I deleted it, the problem went away entirely. 

Try hosting that mission on a lan server if you haven't already. 

10 hours ago, stanhope said:

Try hosting that mission on a lan server if you haven't already. 

I've tried this with no luck. The problem occurs no matter which way I host it. This problem occurs only with this scenario for me, and that sucks since I've been working on this for about 2 weeks and losing it would be a real kick in the balls. I'm currently trying to see if this is only an issue for me, or if it affects other players as well.

Is there a unit set as player or are there only playable units?
What has changed since the last time it worked? Have you tried reverting these changes?

11 minutes ago, stanhope said:

Is there a unit set as player or are there only playable units?
What has changed since the last time it worked? Have you tried reverting these changes?

I originally had the first playable character (squad leader of Alpha 1-1 on BLUFOR) as the player, but switched it to Zeus because of this problem. I thought it was a problem with the single player character only at first so I ignored it since I could get out of it by going into the Zeus menu. Other than that the last time I remember it working was before I had installed ACE3, but I can't revert that since now my scenario depends on ACE3 to even launch at all, and I don't know how to remove the dependency.

Have you tried making a unit player?

Just now, stanhope said:

Have you tried making a unit player?

Yes, I have the player set to the Zeus currently.

20180706143431_1.jpg

Normally I'd ask for the mission file now but I don't have all those mods so I wouldn't be able to do anything with it anyway.  Maybe someone else has and can take a look at it?

18 minutes ago, stanhope said:

Normally I'd ask for the mission file now but I don't have all those mods so I wouldn't be able to do anything with it anyway.  Maybe someone else has and can take a look at it?

Thanks anyway. I've also noticed this error coming up in the bottom "[BIS_fnc_getRespawnMarkers] base respawn for UNKNOWN is not supported" along with this screen (this only comes up if I spam Y while the camera is in the air).

20180706145935_1.jpg