distractor2004

Arma 3 Launcher Feature Request : Mod Notes

I would like to propose adding a section to the Mod Launcher that allows you to enter user notes for each mod entry, or a similar way to highlight mod incompatibility. The best use I would have for this feature is to help remember which mods are conflicting with other mods when running many different ones in the same session. Sometimes I will forget which mods do not work, and I have to go through the arduous process of elimination when using many mods at once just to find the one (or even worse, several) mod that doesn't want to play well with others. Multiplayer server Administrators may find this feature useful too as servers often run carefully vetted mods for maximum compatibility, so keeping track of which mods are acting up or which mods can be retested after being updated would be useful. 

I hope this type of feature is on the minds of many other players as well and thanks for reading.

open a notepad or google docs file and write this down?

• Like 1

i 2nd the concept of the idea even tho i dont use the launcher to start the game (Armasync all the way ;)

What would be ideal imo is something in the concept of your idea is if you were to launch multiple mods together, the launcher, a program,

what have you will scan all the mods files, do a config check and basically spit up a list of what mods will conflict.

It would do the following:

• Mod names will turn red for those that would conflict with something.
  • In a small drop down menu like the launcher already has (to the right of the mod in red) there would be a list of of what mods are conflicting with said mod in red.
  • The list could further break down to those pbo's in the mod in question.
  • Suggestions could be listed as to what to do if mods are in red based on the severity of the conflict

Like in Armasync if a mod is missing, or is renamed elseware then the mod listed will turn red, so it can be done but it would need to be further expanded.

Of course keep it simple so newer players to mods can understand what the issue would be before attempting to load in a mod.

Having a history of compiling many mods together (WarMods) and releasing them with permissions of course ;) something, like this would save so much time

and headache then to have to go ingame test, oop nope that mod gives an error, exit, go back oop my game crashed, remove that mod, etc,.

On 7/5/2018 at 3:39 AM, PuFu said:

open a notepad or google docs file and write this down?

I use Microsoft Sticky Notes myself in the same way, but it would be nice to have something that is more baked into the Launcher itself, and also something that could migrate to the Steam Cloud so it stays in sync if you ever forget to backup notes for a new system.

On 7/5/2018 at 4:15 AM, Gunter Severloh said:

i 2nd the concept of the idea even tho i dont use the launcher to start the game (Armasync all the way ;)

What would be ideal imo is something in the concept of your idea is if you were to launch multiple mods together, the launcher, a program,

what have you will scan all the mods files, do a config check and basically spit up a list of what mods will conflict.

It would do the following:

• Mod names will turn red for those that would conflict with something.
  • In a small drop down menu like the launcher already has (to the right of the mod in red) there would be a list of of what mods are conflicting with said mod in red.
  • The list could further break down to those pbo's in the mod in question.
  • Suggestions could be listed as to what to do if mods are in red based on the severity of the conflict

Like in Armasync if a mod is missing, or is renamed elseware then the mod listed will turn red, so it can be done but it would need to be further expanded.

Of course keep it simple so newer players to mods can understand what the issue would be before attempting to load in a mod.

Having a history of compiling many mods together (WarMods) and releasing them with permissions of course ;) something, like this would save so much time

and headache then to have to go ingame test, oop nope that mod gives an error, exit, go back oop my game crashed, remove that mod, etc,.

That would be great as well, I would also propose that your feature be part of the Arma Tools as a sort of Mod Debugging tool. Maybe even expanded even further to be part of a specialized IDE for making Arma mods, with a built-in notepad similar to ones that can use extensions to highlight Arma syntax, and when it compiles it automatically goes to a .bin format. Basically combine 3 separate tools into one official tool. I remember a similar was mentioned a few months back called ArmA.Studio, but I don't think it was officially released.