barto300

Need solution for Saving and loading of container content between multiple editable Zeus missions

Hi,

I recently started to get addicted to Zeus missions and I'm currently working on a second mission for my friends. However this mission is a Campaign.
I want to "recreate" the Arma Cold War Assault: Resistance campaign. The Idea is:

The players would be spawned in as civilians, each with a different profession for instance, Mechanic, Motorcrosser, Doctor, Chemistry Teacher, etc. Their loadout being matched to that profession.
Shorty after the players spawned they will get a radio message signalling the start of the russian invasion into Nogova and they'll have to find the Resistance and support it.
They are supposed to recruit civilians, find weapons and ammo and claim vehicles and eventually turn into resistance commanders with the forces they gathered.

Now I can deal with the recruits they get and the vehicles they find but I still need a solution for their personal loadout that needs to get saved between missions and a solution to keep all the items they find and store in crates.
The problem is I want to keep editing the mission in the editor so I can plan the next mission, enemy moves, etc, etc. But I need to know what my players collected in the crates and on their own loadouts.

Maybe there is some way to save the mission while it is in progres or when it ends and to then edit that mission in the editor with every loadout and container inventory saved?

I do not want to use arsenal since I know my players and they WILL take weapons and items that are not related to the mission.

Also I'm not a scripter. I do understand a few little things but I cannot write a simple script without help. Just so you guys know my level.

Thanks in advance.

i could have some ideas about but let me understand better, so the only thing you have to save is the player loadout and the content of a crate, right? this is a specific crate? there are multiple crates? they are "shared" or every player has his own inventory?

Yes indeed the player loadout and one crate. This crate would be a "Stockpile" Wich every player will be able to use. But the content will also go to AI soldiers they recruited from the island. So I have to be able to edit it afterward when I'm in the editor to add/remove items that got used or NPC's/completed quests brought in.

could you save your crate item on the server profile savefile and read it when mission load, btw no idea how to use this in the editor, i don't know even if it is possible

for the player loadout instead could you save it to user save profile

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/profileNamespace

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/saveProfileNamespace

Hmm I've been looking at that stuff but it doesn't seem to work like I want it to. I've also been looking at MCC sandbox for purposes of saving the game to a editable mission but that is also not going according to plan right now.
But i've come to a compromise for myself. Maybe I should just keep it to the crate. I can deal with players losing their loadout when they join the next time we start playing. But if I could have a crate in wich they just put all of their stuff before they disconnect from the server then they could just get it back next time I start the server while I can still edit the mission file.

Sadly the Alive mod needs a external registration and server to be used for persistence. They also do not allow for the ability to return to the editor. When/if I start a mission using Alive i'll never be able to edit the mission anymore.

-Edited title. I realised "percistence" might not be the correct word for what I want.

Player loadouts can be saved via : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/getUnitLoadout & https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/SetUnitLoadout

Container contents are another thing. If youre not fussed about saving things inside containers... inside containers, then you can do it quite easily. If that matters to you, its a mess. 

There is 1000 examples of saving box contents on this platform so Ill leave that to you. 

To make it persistent you will want to save it to profilenamespace to be recalled later.

Thanks both of you for your help. I managed to find a work-around without having to make/find a script. If/when a Zeus session with my friends has ended, they'll have to put all their resources inside crate(s).  I'll then be using achilles arsenal modules to copy the inventory of those crates en merge them together in one big crate. Then i'll copy that crate's inventory to clipboard and save it on a txt. This way I'll always know what they have collected, put that inside their "stockpile" next time we play and I'm able to keep editing the mission. It's not even a minute of work to merge it all in a single stockpile and to then save it to txt.