Sign in to follow this  
Krusty

Best unfinished movie trilogy

It's close between LOTR and The Matrix, but I'll have to go with the Matrix. I'm more of a sci-fi guy.

I just saw The Two Towers last night, it was really good, although I prefer the books. Anyway, I'm eagerly waiting for the third movie next Christmas smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Dec. 17 2002,16:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just saw The Two Towers last night, it was really good, although I prefer the books. Anyway, I'm eagerly waiting for the third movie next Christmas smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Cool have you already seen the movie?

I know they played it the first time yesterday, i'm gonna see it in like 14 days or something like that...

I sure hope Arwen is in the new movie a lot! smile.gif

I'm reserving judgment on the Matrix until I see what they do with the 2nd and 3rd movie. I mean Neo is basically god in the matrix now, so where do they go with that? The LoTR has a solid story through the 3 movies, basically it's a 9 hour transilation of the books, so I can't see it falling on it's face, but I don't know if the new Matrix movies can stand up to the first.

COLINMAN

I went for LoTR, I am going to see the two towers on friday, I can't wait!

RED

Well the LOTR TT only came out today in the UK, i'll probably see it on Friday if i can get out.

I have to go with Lord of the Rings too.  It's an unbeatable classic.  100 years from now, people with view it as pure legend.

The Matrix was really good, but I doubt the sequel will be as cool.  The thing that made the Matrix so good was the fact that all of a sudden you realized that the world was fake... That was the schocker that made it so fascinating.  Now that the cat is out of the bag, Matrix 2 will probably seem kind of lame.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Matrix was really good, but I doubt the sequel will be as cool. The thing that made the Matrix so good was the fact that all of a sudden you realized that the world was fake... That was the schocker that made it so fascinating. Now that the cat is out of the bag, Matrix 2 will probably seem kind of lame.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe the "real world" is fake too. After all Neo really hasn't seen it at all except the Neb and images on "TV" etc.

Definitely LOTR! Great, dramatic epos. Nicely adapted to the big screen.

While Matrix was a superb story it's followups will be just sequels, more like the Aliens movies - set in the same 'world' with loosely connected stories, but each a movie on its own.

Star Wars is a more continuous story, but to be honest, the first and second part were mostly quite a let-down to me. I like the movies and the Star Wars universe with all his intrigues, and seeing how it evolves to this dark Empire (after I grew up watching young Skywalker fighting trough parts 4-6) is quite nice.

Still, its shallow compared to the Ring. Nice effects, but it's more a high-tech childs tale than a dramatic epos.

LOTR is awesome, no doubt about it. And Star Wars is simply calssic because, i mean hell, its Star Wars. But neither are truly my style. I vote The Matrix because its forkin awesome. Neo can't get any better? Who knows. But i doubt the second will be a clone to the first. From all the behind teh scenes stuff i have seen, it looks pretty sweet. I know they go to Zion, so there has got to be over half the movie about something happening there....or something.....Anyways, The Matrix rocks, plain and simple. If you don't vote for it, you should be shot from 30,000 feet, and have it recorded. Then possibly show it on the forum and get it locked....because as we all know, if its shown on CNN, public television, then its gotta be sooo horrible to be shown on this forum. God forbid we are able to spread news about something we all saw on CNN.

*raises fist in the air*

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Dec. 17 2002,22:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I vote The Matrix because its forkin awesome.<span id='postcolor'>

I sure hope that doesn't mean what i think it means!

Isn't a fork, something you eat with?!

I voted for LOTR, great movie (well, at least the first part was great, i haven't seen the second part yet), and some nice women too!

Edit: The Matrix is pretty cool, nice movie but i still prefer LOTR

A while ago they showed all the Star Wars films on TV, i tried watching some of them but i think they're all rather stupid... Perhaps i've missed something...

Star Wars was good when I was akid,don't really like it anymore,nothing shocking happening imho.

Matrix will have to wait for judgement but i think it'll be okay.

And Neo may be god in the matrix,but they may create agent ver. 2.0 and put up more of a fight.Or,start frantically looking for them in the real world.

That's what i don't understand,there's been a huge war,and now all that's left is these few hunter/seeker things,pretty weird imho.

But,as I've seen more of the two towers,and know the story rocks because of the books I read a few years back I'm voting for that.Too bad they had to cut and change stuff for the movie though.

You should have included the Terminator in the poll, they are making a third one but it still won't have the Judgement day thing in it.

I've only seen LOR on an airplane to somewhere, not the others, like matrix, etc.

when I read the books I was amazed at all the biblical allusions tolkien uses, like moriah, the name of the biblical temple mount, where gandalf fights the balrog (Jesus fights the devil) and gets resurrected later.

etc, etc.

the LOR movie was a little too monocrome for me, though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Dec. 18 2002,23:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've only seen LOR on an airplane to somewhere, not the others, like matrix, etc.

when I read the books I was amazed at all the biblical allusions tolkien uses, like moriah, the name of the biblical temple mount, where gandalf fights the balrog (Jesus fights the devil) and gets resurrected later.

etc, etc.

the LOR movie was a little too monocrome for me, though.<span id='postcolor'>

That's Moria, and it is not a reference to the Bible, because as I recall, the Temple Mount was not a dark place of horror, death, and a silent monument to what greed gets you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Dec. 19 2002,00:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...and a silent monument to what greed gets you.<span id='postcolor'>

Lots of stuff? biggrin.gif

I'd have voted for the Indiana Jones lot (had it been an option), although technically it's a finished trilogy but they do intend to make a new one apparantly. "Indiana Jones, the Geriatric Adventures". (Working title of course tounge.gif )

Although LOTR is a hell of a movie and is prolly going to be one of the best and most popular serious around, im not to much into the fantasy genre so i have to go with the sci fi action flick the matrix. Love the fight scenes, although the acting is a lil rough

Kevin

I voted LOTR because its been a classic and finally is now been turned into a movie.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Dec. 19 2002,01:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I mean Neo is basically god in the matrix now, so where do they go with that?<span id='postcolor'>

Well i read a preview of the Matrix game in PC Power Play (maybe some of you Australians know it) and they had an interview with the people making it who have the script ifro the second film and they say that some 'very bad things' are going to happen in Neo in the second movie which are going to make him a little useless for it or something.

I say Matrix over LOTR. Now, Im sure the other two LOTR movies will be great, but they are based on abook, and I dont see how they can do justice to the books, whereas the Matrix has no book on it, so people cant go hay! The second Matrix movie was nothing like the second Matrix book!

I went with The Matrix (even though noones seen the 2nd one yet) - it is one of the most original movies I have ever seen and I'll take a good sci-fi movie over a movie like LOTR any day smile.gif I just hope they don't botch up the next two...

I'd really like to see a third Ghostbusters movie though smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Dec. 18 2002,00:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've only seen LOR on an airplane to somewhere, not the others, like matrix, etc.

etc, etc.

the LOR movie was a little too monocrome for me, though.<span id='postcolor'>

Watching it in the cinemas is much cooler, it's not the same when you watch it on a normal tv screen.

You should see the new movie in the cinemas! smile.gif