Jinkis

Mission can't be opened in editor, line 0: '.raP:' ' encountered instead of' =

G'day, I made a mission, it required a large mod that my friend didn't have (Project OPFOR, "po_factions_me"), in my confident ignorance I went and deleted all entries of said mod in the missions.sqm without debinarizing it, after doing so, I now get the error "line 0: '.raP:' ' encountered instead of' =" when trying to open the mission in the editor.

I downloaded DeRap due to a suggestion, when I used the tool on the mission.sqm, it said something along the lines of: "deRap: unknown entry:" (I can check again if the exact wording of the error is actually important)

Anyone have any ideas? it's a beloved mission me and my friend play very, very often.

Here is the mission.sqm: https://pastebin.com/70ECMNgy

Thank you so much.

10 minutes ago, Jinkis said:

G'day, I made a mission, it required a large mod that my friend didn't have (Project OPFOR, "po_factions_me"), in my confident ignorance I went and deleted all entries of said mod in the missions.sqm without debinarizing it, after doing so, I now get the error "line 0: '.raP:' ' encountered instead of' =" when trying to open the mission in the editor.

I downloaded DeRap due to a suggestion, when I used the tool on the mission.sqm, it said something along the lines of: "deRap: unknown entry:" (I can check again if the exact wording of the error is actually important)

Anyone have any ideas? it's a beloved mission me and my friend play very, very often.

Here is the mission.sqm: https://pastebin.com/70ECMNgy

Thank you so much.

If you and your friend play this, you should both have a copy of the Mission in the MP Missions Cache which you could use to unpbo and try removing the content in the editor. However if its been binarized then you may run into the same issue. As trying to fix a binarized file can be troublesome.

• Like 1

have you checked your lib://Documents/Arma 3/Saved/steamMPMission

worth a look.

• Like 1

On 29.6.2018 at 11:40 AM, Jinkis said:

line 0: '.raP:' ' encountered instead of' =

Your mission file is binarized. You can run it through Arma 3 Tools "CfgConvert" to convert it back to the unbinarized version.

• Like 1

@R0adki11My friend is sending me his MP Missions cache so I can look through it, thanks for the suggestion.

@squeezeUnfortunately I couldn't find the file in there, I'll ask my friend to look through his Steam one too though, thanks.

@Dedmen

I don't think I know how to use this tool correctly, there's not really any options from what I see and very little documentation on how to use it, I'm getting this cmd message when selecting the Mission.sqm as the source.

Picture:

https://ibb.co/ejrjGd

15 hours ago, Jinkis said:

I'm getting this cmd message when selecting the Mission.sqm

Rename it to mission.bin before you select it as source. It will then export a mission.cpp that you can then rename to mission.sqm again.

I'm still getting the same error by the looks:

https://ibb.co/iRO4P8

Any other options? My friend doesn't seem to have the mission in any of his caches.

PM me the mission.sqm and I'll debinarize it. No idea why it's not working for you ^^

Edit: The Problem was the mission.sqm got edited in notepad while it was still binarized, notepad cannot handle binary files and completely corrupted the file and destroyed it beyond repair. The file is simply useless now.

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2018 at 6:24 PM, Dedmen said:

PM me the mission.sqm and I'll debinarize it. No idea why it's not working for you ^^

Edit: The Problem was the mission.sqm got edited in notepad while it was still binarized, notepad cannot handle binary files and completely corrupted the file and destroyed it beyond repair. The file is simply useless now.

Doesn't work.

Include file AC\commonDescription.inc not found.
Error reading config file