Harrier'

may not have appropriate permissions

so I'm getting an error after the last hot fix patch today,

"windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

if I click ok the launcher pops up again and shows me the game failed to boot and i can start the game with battle eye disabled. however, this is not acceptable for online play.

so far I have tried deleting the battle eye files off the appdata folder i have run a battle eye uninstall.bat file in the arma folder, and i have done a number of steam file checks. 

I have also run the launcher, and the game directly in administrator, i have changed the file properties of the arma and battleye .exe to launch in administrator mode as well.

Please, any help would be appreciated.

y4m_85Js7Xii1C_9gYiasnDNVF_xn8z0TRc0ti_B

• Like 1

yes i got the same problem after the last update. 

i did try to start the launcher with admin permission, also start battleye with admin. 

HQnVR6W.jpg

We are not alone Steam is boiling with that issue and it seems not to hit every user only a few .......... lets see what they will do 

Wow, I just registered to say that I got the exact same error. Google didn't show me this topic so I just spent 6 hours of my life trying to get it to work, aso you can see here. I hate my life, I hope Steam will be able to fix this

Please fix this. I believe people are saying its because of the SECREP #00020.

@bis_iceman, I hope you can help us with this issue. I seen you submitted the SECREP on steam.

If it helps I'm using Windows 10.

Yup - same problem - has also caused dayz to stop working for the very same issue too.

Hello,

we are aware of the issue and have been in close contact with BattlEye to identify the cause. So far we're unable to reproduce it internally, but the investigation continues. Hopefully we'll have a solution soon. Sorry for any inconveniences.

• Thanks 3

If it helps here is how I started getting the error;

I first got this error when I tried to fix where you get kicked because of "Battleye: Not Responding" issue from the AWG server. What I did to try to fix it was clearing Arma 3's cache (using this .bat file; rmdir "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Arma 3" /s /q") and that didn't work.

Then next, I uninstalled (from Arma folder in steam) and deleted battleye (both in common files and arma3) then verified through steam to get it back. Then that's where I started receiving that error message.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the update bis_iceman

I get that when you use an external company for the anticheat there can be issues from. Either side. I hope it gets resolved soon :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bis_iceman said:

Hello,

we are aware of the issue and have been in close contact with BattlEye to identify the cause. So far we're unable to reproduce it internally, but the investigation continues. Hopefully we'll have a solution soon. Sorry for any inconveniences.

Thanks so as your support ticket staff told me i tested the solution he sends me round about 4 times in every possible enviroment ( save mode, no other side progs, without antivirus) and this solution does not work. 

Hello,

please try to completely disable/uninstall your antivirus and/or firewall and
do the following:
1. Exit Steam.
2. Right-click on Steam icon.
3. Left-click on "Run As Administrator".
4. Right-click on the game in Steam Library.
5. Click on "Properties".
6. Select "Local files" tab and click on "Verify integrity of game cache files"
button.
7. Please wait, the process can take several minutes.
8. If the issue persists, reboot your PC and try one more time from step 2.

Best regards,

Dominik Flandera
Bohemia Interactive

Maybe you be so kind and inform your Staff issue stands 

RLimx7U.png

Thanks and have a nice Day 

The issue should now be solved (might take some time to pronounce via Steam):

• Thanks 3

This is happening again after the latest patch, i'm on the insiders build of win 10.

Windows cannot access the specified device, path......

battleye issue again.

On 5/21/2019 at 9:56 PM, aza_weedy said:

i'm on the insiders build of win 10

Insider build is not supported by battleye.

• Like 1