socs

Arma 3 Navy (Jets DLC)

So I'm not quite sure if this is the thread to post this in but I'm quite excited after hearing we're getting warships for our bonus content on the Jets DLC... I also did just have a question related to it, will these be pilotable, and if so, will AI, and/or other players be able to "move about the cabin" as they're being piloted? I don't want to seem a little off the top and ignorant but I'm honestly super excited to see this and think that this was much needed in the Arma 3 community... Can't wait for this guys! This will take mission making and user made missions to a whole new level! I'm excited guys and glad to see! :D

No, it's a static ship, meaning it is like a building at sea. You can walk on it and in it and it will have nice interior spaces. It is perfect as a launch base for weapons and vehicles or as a target that has to be secured :-)

The USS Liberty Destroyer, SAMs, and Radar Sites are static in-game objects that can be positioned across the map via the 3D Scenario Editor.

3 minutes ago, joostsidy said:

No, it's a static ship, meaning it is like a building at sea. You can walk on it and it will have nice interior spaces. :-)

Dang lol.. Still great considering we needed a navy update in my opinion! I hope they add a support option like calling in reinforcements by helicopter from the ship or maybe barrages or artillery fire xD that'll be fun!

1 minute ago, heavygunner said:

Just go on Devbranch and see for yourself.

I know it's static as of now, but they're still working on it so I was just curious as to if maybe they'd be pilotable :D

2 hours ago, socs said:

maybe they'd be pilotable :D

It is one ship and it will never be pilotable / walkable, because it's impossible in Arma 3, because of the big size and problems with movable units on movable units. So you have to wait until possibly Arma 4. :-)

That said, I like the previous creations of hired studio B01 a lot and I'm happy they are working with BI again. I trust that they will use the time and resources that they have for this to the best of their abilities.

The fact that 'fully detailed interior' is mentioned so prominently perhaps indicates that B01 themselves might have wished for more time to work on interiors for the USS Freedom and this is a second chance where interiors are a prominent feature from the start! Anyway, I didn't expect anything of this sort so late in development of Arma 3 so I'm looking forward to this!

21 hours ago, socs said:

I know it's static as of now, but they're still working on it so I was just curious as to if maybe they'd be pilotable :D

BI just forgot Navy... and the outstanding easy map extension the sea could represent. Thanks to CUP for Anzac frigate!

Are there any more turrets coming? I placed the mk45 gun on the front and the VLS, but is there a guide coming as to what other turrets are meant to be placed for authenticity?

Thanks.

10 hours ago, jakeplissken said:

Are there any more turrets coming? I placed the mk45 gun on the front and the VLS, but is there a guide coming as to what other turrets are meant to be placed for authenticity?

Thanks.

Check this out:

Seems to be 2 praetorians on the centermost positions, and the spartan next to the rear landing pad.

The front markings in front of the hammer seems to be for unloading crates/ammo for the hammer.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1