Sign in to follow this  
Toedeli

Command Channel in Zeus?

Hello!

First off, apologies for not posting in the 'ZEUS' Forums. These seem to be very in-active though, so I thought it would be a better idea to post in the Main Board.

Since I am doing a small Mission with some Friends on a Public Community Zeus Server (the Official ones made by Bohemia Interactive), I had some questions, to let it work 'fine'.

1) Is Zeus capable of communicating with Squad Leaders in the AO via Command Channel, so that only Squad Leaders can hear you, or does it not work?

2) When I control AI, can I atleast talk to other Players in Direct Chat / Channel, and not in Side?

3) Is there any good way to make a 'Zone', like, a Zone on the Map, with a red texture over it or such.

I think that's all. Apologies yet again for posting on the wrong board, I hope you guys won't mind! Anyways, have a great day, and thanks for any support you can give me!

23 minutes ago, Toedeli said:

I think that's all. Apologies yet again for posting on the wrong board, I hope you guys won't mind! Anyways, have a great day, and thanks for any support you can give me!

You thread has been moved to the correct area of the forums. Is this a mission making issue, rather than a Zeus issue? As you may need to post here: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/154-arma-3-mission-editing-scripting/

• Like 1

Just now, R0adki11 said:

You thread has been moved to the correct area of the forums - Thanks

I apologize! It is just mostly since the ZEUS Forums seem rather in-active recently, sorry for the bother. I then just have to hope someone will be able to support me here. Thank you very much!

Just now, Toedeli said:

I apologize! It is just mostly since the ZEUS Forums seem rather in-active recently, sorry for the bother. I then just have to hope someone will be able to support me here. Thank you very much!

Is this a mission making issue, rather than a Zeus issue? As you may need to post here: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/154-arma-3-mission-editing-scripting/

5 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Is this a mission making issue, rather than a Zeus issue? As you may need to post here: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/forum/154-arma-3-mission-editing-scripting/

Ah, not sure then. It really is only, that I wanted to ask if I can 1) Speak in Command Channel and communicate with Players as Zeus, for myself, the most important topic, since I don't always want to talk in 'Side Channel'. It will be a Public Community Mission too, so I can't use things like TFR or such, nor can I use Ares. Although, if that is part of the Mission Editing / Scripting Forum, I am happy to move my Question to that forum then. 

12 minutes ago, Toedeli said:

Ah, not sure then. It really is only, that I wanted to ask if I can 1) Speak in Command Channel and communicate with Players as Zeus, for myself, the most important topic, since I don't always want to talk in 'Side Channel'. It will be a Public Community Mission too, so I can't use things like TFR or such, nor can I use Ares. Although, if that is part of the Mission Editing / Scripting Forum, I am happy to move my Question to that forum then. 

I play in a community which uses Zeus, and to have a command channel we use Teamspeak. We have our squads in different Channels, for example:

• Command
  • Alpha
  • Bravo
  • Charlie

And for the squad leaders to speak to the Command Channel we use a whisper list which only squad leaders and command can use.

We use this method when we aren't wanting to use TFAR, especially when we start to incorporate/introduce new members to the community. Especially as setting up TFAR can be an issue for those who haven't used it previously.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

I play in a community which uses Zeus, and to have a command channel we use Teamspeak. We have our squads in different Channels, for example:

• Command
  • Alpha
  • Bravo
  • Charlie

And for the squad leaders to speak to the Command Channel we use a whisper list which only squad leaders and command can use.

We use this method when we aren't wanting to use TFAR, especially when we start to incorporate/introduce new members to the community. Especially as setting up TFAR can be an issue for those who haven't used it previously.

Thank you! I will be using your advice :) 

• Thanks 1