strohvogel

The East Wind: Escalation [RHS/BAF]

After weeks of work, I'm proud to finally present

The East Wind: Escalation

in a releasable state. EWE is the RHS-inspired adaptation of BIS "The East Wind"-Campaign. 
Nearly all assets have been exchanged and most scripts have been altered in some way or another. 
EWE also features a custom made FIA-faction, made with assets from both RHS and BAF.

Workshop Link:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1423933010

(No direct download as of now)

20180627083754_1.jpg

I tried to keep it as vanilla as possible, but you obviously require all RHS factions, as well as BAF Weapons and Equipment by 3CB and CBA
In addition to that, I strongly recommend you the following mods, that'll greatly enhance your gameplay experience:

DynaSound 2
Enhanced Soundscape
Blastcore Edited (Standalone Version) 

20180627083025_1.jpg

Be advised that, just like the original campaign, EWE is not compatible with ACE/AGM, due to systems conflicting with the mission scripting. However, there are ways to get around that. 
Don't recommend that though if you don't know what you're doing, and if you know what you're doing, you don't need me to tell you how to.

Despite the numerous hours i spent with this project, it is far from being perfect. Consider this release v.0.9.
Some bugs are still present and some of the later missions have to be playtested/bugfixed yet. All major work is done though and i'll be releasing a couple of hotfixes in the next few days to tackle the remaining issues. 

20180627083702_1.jpg

Known Issues:

Spoiler

Format: <Mission Name (Missionfile) - Issue - Status - Workaround - Bug present in vanilla campaign?>

• Resurgent West (C_in2): APC stops moving shortly after boarding - prbly. fixed - load last save - Yes
  • Resurgent West (C_in2): Unable to finish last task due to stuck enemy tank - prbly. fixed - load last save - Yes
  • Moral Fiber (C_M02): Convoy stuck in several points - WIP - load last save - unknown

I always appreciate help, and since this is a one-man project, i can need a lot of it. If you find a bug and want to help, try to figure out how to fix it and tell me. Fresh ideas are never a bad thing.

This campaign emerged from a small-time project to a full time venture during my holidays and i never thought i would actually be able to pull this off. I learned a lot about Scripting and C++, and i came to really appreciate the work and creativity that BIS has put into this. Credits and special thanks also go to:
The RHS Team for their great mod
3CB for their beautiful uniforms
Many people in the BI-Forums, who write wiki-stuff, answer questions and provide great information in general.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Congrats on the realease and all the hard work.

Since i already played the EW with replacement packs, i wonder if you altered the missions like new objectives or added new missions?

In that case i'll definitely find it worthy to play again:)

Sorry for being a bit of a idiot but how do I play this? I've subscribed to it and all the required mods on Steam, I've loaded it and all the required mods but I can't see in 'Campaigns' or any where else. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Hi strohvogel, after bashing my head on the keyboard after several botched atemps to make your campaign work through SWS, I´d like to kindly request, with my wholeheart, please, could you add an armaholic or gdrive link for the files, pety please?

SWS works great for kids and newcomers, but my setup and my good ol habits prevent me to use SWS exclusive mods, luckly many pop up on armaholic but that´s not your and Spearhead cases... If it isn´t much of a hassle, please add a mirror!

Yours truly

Cpl_Lib (cheers!)