On the Pulau terrain, there are two large tropical islands and several smaller islands of the sort. All of them are fictional and not based on any real world location.

Size 12x12km
Cell size 3
400000 objects
Uses apex objects (APEX DLC not needed)

Small villages
Two uncovered dirt airfields

License:
APL-SA: https://www.bohemia.net/community/licenses/arma-public-license-share-alike

Pictures and download link

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Beautiful Temppa! A little tropical paradise.

Wow! Nice one, I always like seeing terrains like this popping up!

Nice map! I like the fact that it is using A3 object only.  Penetration and destruction values of buildings can be relied on.

Had look about the place and I like what you've done. Loving the use of the fortifications on the islands. 

• Like 1

Uploaded this to show your beautiful island.. I will add more information and possible a download link to make it easier for people to find your island.

Thanks really enjoy Pulau!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Updated

Changelog:

Added one big island
Added normal map
Bug fixing
Better satmap
Added few caves
More clutter

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Such an awesome map!  Great for CTIs too.

I love how (pretty much everywhere I checked) you left space along the roads and even the paths so the AI can get around freely.  My dynamic mission won't work on Tanoa because the vehicles get stuck everywhere, but it sure works great on Pulau!  Considering you're still adding clutter/etc, please keep those roads/paths clears for our humble vehicle-bound AIs.

Also, it seems to me by and large (based on initial Pulau version and in stark contrast to Tanoa), the central island is very AI accessible (very few dead spots where AI footmen can't get), and the smaller islands to the sides is where you went wild with imagination and terrain height experimentation (very likely) at the expense of the AI getting around on those smaller islands.  This is the perfect approach, as CTIs will simply exclude the small islands and restrict AI to the main island.  I  hope you can continue to make/keep the main island AI friendly by making sure AI foot soldiers can get everywhere (and again for AI vehics keeping those roads/paths clear). :smile_o:

EDIT: Wow, there are now two main islands!  New island is roughly same size as the original.  Time to go exploring!

• Like 1

Awesome work dude just finished a custom "escape pulau" mission I made for my group, TLDR island vacation gone wrong. Everyone was super impressed with the map and the amount of detail put into ground clutter and layout, small maps don't feel small when theirs no sparse towns with massive sightlines everywhere, and now theirs a new island!

My only suggestion as a mission maker is that the military bases feel a bit out of place because of the nature of the location, I think a more lore (or in this case law) friendly approach would be to have a police station in the main town of each island with some smaller police outpost spread out through the map.

Thanks for your hard work, some serious attention to detail went into this.

Hi,

I have been enjoying your map so far. I usually prefer a thinker jungle like those found with the Unsung or the Faces of War (FOW) mods but I found this map quite suitable for larger engagements. Not every tropical nation (including Vietnam) is covered in triple canopy jungle everywhere so this map certainly fit the tropical theme with enough forestation for a great jungle feel but not so much underbrush as to slow the frame rate.. I particularly like the realistic uneven terrain with small rolling hills and crater like depressions, great for infantry.

The only thing I'd like to mention is that the Hesco defenses at the military base near Gurun Airfield are a little too high. Since the terrain to the east falls away from the base it is impossible to depress your gun enough to shoot at attackers. 

You have done an excellent job on this map, thank you.

Hello and thanks for the update!

I made a new video showing a flight over the updated Pulau. Hope you guys enjoy :)

• Like 1