voronius

Battle Eye Problems

I bought the game mostly for the multiplayer part.

This is my complex multiplayer problem. I didn't bought Battle Eye, i paid for the game.

It's your issue to solve this and give me a functional product.

I made a video where you can see that the multiplayer is not working for me.

Tried everything from disabling antivirus and firewal to admin permissions and complete reinstall.

Please fix this.

First things first, BattlEye is not owned by Bohemia Interactive, it is a separate company https://www.battleye.com  All complaints should be directed there. 

The next questions are:  Are you using any mods? Have you changed anything in the launch parameters? Have you ticked the box that says "BattlEye" in the launcher? 

Finally, I'm going to recommend you change the Title to something more appropriate. 

No mods. I don't care if it's not BI, it came with a product i bought from BI that can't function without.

I bought the game not the Battle Eye, interaction between both is not my job to fix.

You surely don't expect me to fix the protocol between both for you.

It's enabled in the launcher and it shows as started and it also shows in the process list. My firewall was disabled for outgoing and

has listed all the BE exes for incoming as well (just in case). They're also set to run as admin : steam, BE exes, game launcher and exe .

I turned off the antivirus too.

Please do not double post, your other thread has been removed.

Are you running a genuine OS and have not purchased it from a key reseller or similar?

Is it possible that you initially declined the BattlEye pop-up?

Have you verified file integrity?

Yes, as i said i  had steam check the integrity of the local files.

And i did accepted the thing.

The OS is genuine.

My post were different rly, one was about sharing the experience with the rest, this one is about solving the issue.

Last i check i can share my experience with others, it's my right for having paid for the game in the 1st place.

In my signature you will see the links for our rules.. Please read them and follow them. 

Additionally, as I have stated, BattlEye problems are addressed by BattlEye at the address previously given to you.

I am attempting to help, but you are not listening. Your questions will be best answered by  https://www.battleye.com not here. 

Look, if i buy a TV from you and you're using a faulty chinese piece is not ok to send me to talk to

the chinese ppl. It's your job to either fix the TV or refund me.

• Like 1

Have you tried reinstalling battlEye?  Not the entire game, just battleye.  

Are you running other games that use battlEye?
What other software was open during this recording?

Obs did the recording but it does the same without obs started.

No other games that i know using BattlEye.

I tried deleting the Battleye folders then had steam recheck all and i got the accept popup again

at the first game run after this.

After deleting the BE files did they successfully re-download or not?

Could you also share your RPT, might not contain anything useful but still.  (Use something like pastebin)

3 minutes ago, voronius said:

Look, if i buy a TV from you and you're using a faulty chinese piece is not ok to send me to talk to

Firstly, If you want a refund contact Steam or Bohemia directly at the Customer Support Page https://support.bohemia.net not the forum, where users try to help other users. 

Secondly, have you tried 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma3\BattlEye

...and double-click the “Install_BattlEye.bat” file to install BE 

Had you contacted BattlEye, this would have been the first thing they'd have recommended. 

I don't know who BattlEye are nor do i care, maybe i don't even speak their language.

For real, i traded with BI not with them.

I realy want the game to work, if it can't be done ofc. i want the money back.

Honestly it looks like you don't want to be helped.   

18 minutes ago, voronius said:

Before you go claiming they have to do anything for you I suggest you actually read what you agreed to when buying arma.  Part of the EULA: "The Program is provided "as is" without warranties of any kind, ..."

We're trying to help you to the best of our ability even though all you seem to care about is bitching that it ain't fixed yet. The guys at battleye are going to know best what to do to fix your problem.  If you don't want to talk to them that's your problem but don't claim things that aren't true.

• Like 2

The vid is true and it's an obvious bug somewhere since i get connected and then it disconnects me because of the bug.

I'm not bitching, i'm complaining about a faulty product and you're trying to get rid of me instead of fixing the problem.

I will ask steam for refund, about 80 euro or even more.

You would probably "bitch" too if you'd pay this kind of money for a faulty product.

According to steam there are currently 16,974 people playing arma.  None of them are having the same issue as you.  Is it a bug?  Maybe.  More likely something went wrong during the installation or something like that.  If it's a bug I'm betting the guys at battleye would really love to know to prevent it from happening again.  

Nobody is trying to get rid of you, we're trying to help you to the best of our ability.  If we know that there are people out there more knowledgeable on this issue than us would you prefer we do or do not tell you about those people?  Battleye is a product from battleye, it's only logical that those guys know more about it than the users on bohemias forum.  

You've been pointed to both battleye's support page and bohemias support page.  You're not getting a refund via this forum.  

If you still want to be helped:
Please share your RPTs, use something like pastebin.

Have you tried C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma3\BattlEye ...and double-click the “Install_BattlEye.bat” file to install BE?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, voronius said:

The vid is true and it's an obvious bug somewhere since i get connected and then it disconnects me because of the bug.

I'm not bitching, i'm complaining about a faulty product and you're trying to get rid of me instead of fixing the problem.

I will ask steam for refund, about 80 euro or even more.

You would probably "bitch" too if you'd pay this kind of money for a faulty product.

We understand that your not happy with the situation, but please appreciate all the users in this thread are trying to help you. Please try to follow the suggestions that have been made so we can help you fix the 'issue'.

I already submited for a refund request. Spending 4-5  hours of my time on making 80 euros work is too much time invested.

Could have made 4-5 times more during this time. Will put this on hold until i receive a clear answer. I should be able to get my

money back. I'll post here the result.

• Sad 1

So you obvsioulsy weren't looking for help. People kindly looking to help you lost their time too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I lost too much time. And support ppl just did their job. Between money back or an issue that will take days to solve or 

even forever i'll take the first. Maybe i put the money in something else that might work, like maybe squad or i don't know.

Just now, voronius said:

I lost too much time. And support ppl just did their job. Between money back or an issue that will take days to solve or 

even forever i'll take the first. Maybe i put the money in something else that might work, like maybe squad or i don't know.

It may have not taken days, you will not know now. All it needed was some patience.

Your first post was 2 hours ago.  I've seen people who patiently waited 2-3 days before receiving their first reply on their topic in troubleshooting.  They didn't even got a solution yet.  Almost all of them did get their problem solved in the end.  
You lost too much time?  What?  Honestly who do you think you are?  You've got 3 people trying to help you and you complain that it isn't going fast enough?

• Like 2

I won't say i'm sorry for asking for support. I spent 4-5 hours  before opening the post as well. Trying everything on the internet.

One lost day is enough for me. I was about to stream arma 3 multiplayer today but that failed.

Just a detail, battelEye is not only "listening" for Steam/BI files, but also all software running in background. Far more than antivirus. For instance, I have a grammatical/spelling pro dictionary, loaded at windows' start. This dictionary is scouting for any text program. Batteleye places a warning and do some files "quarantine" but the game runs. Your problem is far above that but, you could have a look at what is running/hacking in background when you're running Arma (video capture, text corrector, chat/phone program...) . At least skype, team speak are OK. but what for the other ones?

• Like 1

Steam aproved refund for at least part of the money. I think we can close this. And that's it. I'm gonna make the vid private.

I rly have nothing against BI, i was just furious for not getting what i paid for. Best of luck. In fact money were never a problem.

Just the stress induced by my expectations not being met.