RE34

i dont know why my OFP cause a BSOD !!!

when i start my Arma and i load a mission or i create one , i get a blue screen of death , please help me i have tried all solutions but nothing have changed this BSOD informations :

062418-14944-01.dmp    24/06/2018 18:43:02    UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP    0x1000007f    0x00000008    0x801dc000    0x00000000    0x00000000    ntkrnlpa.exe    ntkrnlpa.exe+7b8ea    NT Kernel & System    Microsoft® Windows® Operating System    Microsoft Corporation    6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)    32-bit    ntkrnlpa.exe+7b8ea    ntkrnlpa.exe+7b0be    ntkrnlpa.exe+7af6b    ntkrnlpa.exe+7fc17        C:\Windows\Minidump\062418-14944-01.dmp    2    15    7601    141 064    24/06/2018 18:43:46    

When you say 'Arma' do you mean Cold War Assault? Do you load any addons/mods when you get the blue screen. Go to the installation directory of the game and look into the file ColdWarAssault.rpt (open with a text editor) and see if it says anything useful.

3 hours ago, zwobot said:

When you say 'Arma' do you mean Cold War Assault?

The title says OFP though.

:face_palm: OFP guys, its the first game that started the series, the name changed to Arma cold war assault, because the original name OFP belonged to Codemasters.

Arma name came about because when Arma1 was to be released the name OFP couldn't be used as said it belonged to CM, so the name Arma was created, dont quote

me word for word but generally that was the rough of the situation back then. 

Read the history

Spoiler

The game is considered to be a spiritual successor to Gravon: Real Virtuality (1995), the game uses the same engine, Real Virtuality, as the military simulator VBS1.

It was released on June 22, 2001 in Europe and August 30, 2001 in North America.

Set on a group of fictitious islands in 1985, Operation Flashpoint puts the player on one of three sides in a hypothetical conflict between American and Soviet forces.

The Resistance is the third playable faction.

Two expansion packs were released; Gold Upgrade, which included Red Hammer, a campaign from the Soviet perspective, and Resistance, which introduced various new features

and improved graphics and sound effects. An Xbox port was released in 2005 under the title Operation Flashpoint: Elite. Operation Flashpoint was praised for its attention to realistic combat.

In 2006, Bohemia Interactive released a sequel called ARMA: Armed Assault, it is based on an improved Flashpoint engine and it was released under the title ArmA Combat Operations

in the United States on May 4, 2007. ArmA: Armed Assault's successor ARMA 2 was released on June 19, 2009.

A game titled Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising was released in October 2009 by Codemasters.

This game was not developed by Bohemia Interactive, who had reserved the exclusive right to develop sequels to the original Operation Flashpoint, and released a statement that

"it is not right to promote this game as the ‘official sequel'."

In June 2011, Bohemia Interactive re-released Operation Flashpoint as ARMA: Cold War Assault, as Codemasters retain the rights to the 'Operation Flashpoint' trademark.

The title ARMA: COLD WAR ASSAULT / OPERATION FLASHPOINT

in the forum title is the same name and game with OFP being the original name.

First thing is first when you get an issue with the game is:

1. Provide information about what your playing - missions, any mods, on a server or in sp, editor? and Last but not least computer specs - (OS,CPU,GPU,Ram)

2. When does the issue occur, what were you doing or have you done before it started occuring, anything game related as installing mods, or computer related as in OS updates, or viruses.

3. Provide the RPT which for Arma aka OFP can be found here ------->  C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\ArmA

Post the rpt here ----->  https://justpaste.it/

publish it and post a link.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, zwobot said:

When you say 'Arma' do you mean Cold War Assault? Do you load any addons/mods when you get the blue screen. Go to the installation directory of the game and look into the file ColdWarAssault.rpt (open with a text editor) and see if it says anything useful.

yeah it s cold war assault but i didn t find the file you tould me

14 hours ago, zwobot said:

and i don t load any mods i just play the original game