Sign in to follow this  
heavysauce

Just a complaint about port forwarding

I don't know where to put this so I'll just put this here. Since about the beginning of autumn, me and my friend got into Zeus on public servers. We decided we should try it on a private server so it would be easier. The thing is, to make a server in Arma 3 you need port forward. I know that when you create a server with UpNP, Arma automatically tries to port forward. Except it doesn't, at least on my router. I have a Huawei WS319 and apparently it doesn't support port forward. Me and some of my friends who play Arma 3 always complain about the system to host. I know some games still use port forward too, but in most cases it doesn't matter because no one usually plays alone or with a friend. Usually everyone plays on public servers where there are other people, for example Rust. Maybe a minority is playing with friends, but its plain boring as far as I know. But in Arma 3, if you do Zeus even with just you and an another person, its still ton of fun. At least for me. But the port forwarding is just permanent roadblock for me. Arma 3 is a great game and it has great gameplay and features, but just this one thing about port forwarding annoys me. Thanks for reading my complaint, random person browsing the forums or someone from Bohemia. Thanks again.

But forwarding the required ports only takes about 30 seconds, and to host any game usually requires ports to be forwarded. All the servers i host do, and that's for ArmA, Supreme Commander, Open TTD and TeamSpeak to name a few of the top of my head.