Sign in to follow this  
Lazarus_Long

Foiled terrorist plot in france

I can't say it was Al Queda as we have to rely on American Intelligence agencies ,which seem to have degraded after the cold war signifigantly, to tell us who did it. And no one has actually admitted it yet, probably because they thought "if we tell them that we did it we might get bombed" and were very relieved to find out the Afghanis were getting it up the arse on the other side of the world for them.

Do you think we should kill off all the people with low IQs and and very high IQs so you don't get idiots like GWB leading and you don't get evil geniuses like Hitler ruling?

Just have loads of boring people with boring mid range IQs like me!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Dec. 19 2002,16:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The funniest thing though is that before the WTC attack, few people had ever heard of Al Queda and Osama Bin Ladin. Suddenly, every attack AFTER WTC has ties with Al Queda. Doesnt that seem a bit strange? I think Al Queda are getting far more credit than they should actually have. They have effectively become the boogy men of the terrorist world.

Yes, they are a threat, but they are not the biggest problem in the world. I dont think any European on this forum has had the delusion that we can't be attacked by Al Queda at some point.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes I agree that Al Queda is getting way too much credit. They are just one of hundereds of organizations that encourage terrorism for a hundered different reasons. Its just an easy way for govenrments and media to simplify the terrorist problem and give this "War on Terror" a properly defined enemy without too much confusion for the average schmoe. Its so much simpler to call them all "Al Queda", than trying to figure out exactly who all these little groups are and what their objectives may be.

Just because the CIA finds an e-mail sent to a known terrorist, from his cousins, brother-in-law, who happened to meet Osama-Bin-Laden once in 3rd grade, doesent mean that this terrorist is linked with Al-Queda.

I'm sure (at least I hope) that in the deep recesses of intelligence organizations, people do realize this, and all this Al Queda nonsense is just for political show...

xmas.gif

all that smells .....

we find way too much sleeping cells and we foil way too much plots

either it's just the appearing part of the iceberg or else it could be some kind of bluff by somebody or something

paranoîa is getting me smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Dec. 19 2002,21:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">paranoîa is getting me<span id='postcolor'>

/avon set washer to vicious cycle

Maybe it's not paranoia. wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ Dec. 18 2002,21:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What does Al Queda mean anyways?  I mean Literally.

xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The way you spell it? I don't think it means anything at all...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 19 2002,15:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In fact the only judical investigation and process that is running on the events on 9/11 is held in germany. US stopped their investigations in january 2002 on political pressure from the White House.<span id='postcolor'>

Keep up with current events.

The US has an investigation right now headed by a former New Jersey governor (I think) after Henry Kissenger stepped down.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Dec. 19 2002,16:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The funniest thing though is that before the WTC attack, few people had ever heard of Al Queda and Osama Bin Ladin. Suddenly, every attack AFTER WTC has ties with Al Queda. Doesnt that seem a bit strange? I think Al Queda are getting far more credit than they should actually have. They have effectively become the boogy men of the terrorist world.

Yes, they are a threat, but they are not the biggest problem in the world. I dont think any European on this forum has had the delusion that we can't be attacked by Al Queda at some point.<span id='postcolor'>

I think quiet a few people had heard of him/them at least as far as the Clinton Era.

He was already wanted for the embassy bombings in Africa and a number of other attacks on US citizens and installations, and was shuttled around to various countries as the US tried to get hold of him.

Turkey had him and offered him to the US but Clinton declined for "diplomatic" reasons. Also Clinton lobbed a few cruise missiles into Afghanistan to try and get Osama.

I remember all this and knew this guy would be trouble.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Dec. 19 2002,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why do the Euros think Al Queda is an American problem?  It is well known that they are planning strikes against European countries.  I guess it will take AQ crashing an airliner on the Champs Elysee or a nerve agent attack in Berlin for them to realize this<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, AQ is as most international terrorists Europe's problem too. The difference is that we don't quite overreact the same way partly because we have realized a long time ago that terrorism is a police matter, not military. Also worrying about terrorists only plays into their hands: that's what they want.

Face it, terrorism is a nasty business but it is no real threat to national security. AQ can kill a numeber of your citizens but they can never really hurt the country. Unless you over react, get scared and start chaning your society to counter the "terrorist threat". That is the only way the terrorists can gain something.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Dec. 19 2002,21:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">French Backtrack<span id='postcolor'>

hhmmmm .... have read a police service report this morning telling that the chemical products that have been found could have really well been used for building a bomb kinda like the oklahoma city one

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Dec. 19 2002,22:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Dec. 19 2002,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why do the Euros think Al Queda is an American problem?  It is well known that they are planning strikes against European countries.  I guess it will take AQ crashing an airliner on the Champs Elysee or a nerve agent attack in Berlin for them to realize this<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, AQ is as most international terrorists Europe's problem too. The difference is that we don't quite overreact the same way partly because we have realized a long time ago that terrorism is a police matter, not military. Also worrying about terrorists only plays into their hands: that's what they want.

Face it, terrorism is a nasty business but it is no real threat to national security. AQ can kill a numeber of your citizens but they can never really hurt the country. Unless you over react, get scared and start chaning your society to counter the "terrorist threat". That is the only way the terrorists can gain something.<span id='postcolor'>

agreed , the main use for the terrrorism is to terrorise populations

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Dec. 19 2002,22:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Dec. 19 2002,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why do the Euros think Al Queda is an American problem? It is well known that they are planning strikes against European countries. I guess it will take AQ crashing an airliner on the Champs Elysee or a nerve agent attack in Berlin for them to realize this<span id='postcolor'>

Face it, terrorism is a nasty business but it is no real threat to national security. AQ can kill a numeber of your citizens but they can never really hurt the country. Unless you over react, get scared and start chaning your society to counter the "terrorist threat". That is the only way the terrorists can gain something.<span id='postcolor'>

But isn't a terrorized populus a breach of "national security"? What is government in any form there but to protect the people of its nation. If the people are terrorized or scared then the government obviously isn't doing its job.

If any number of your citizens are killed by a terrorist act, then national security in its most fundamental definition HAS been breached.

Even a "few" citizen deaths at the hands of terrorists within your own soveriegn borders is a breach. Terrorism is a threat to national security if it threatens your peoples.

But thats just my opinion...

but the national in national security means country so it's more like country security. A few people dying in a terrorist attack is not going to mean the fall of current society and the rise of radical new leaders and war. Smoking and heart disease kill more a year than the biggest terrorist attack.

But stopping that threat would be bad because it means less money for the big people.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">US stopped their investigations in january 2002 on political pressure from the White House.<span id='postcolor'>

So what did Henry Kissinger just step down from doing?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What does Al Queda mean anyways? I mean Literally.<span id='postcolor'>

"The Base"

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, just because only a very small percent of people will die from terrorism, doesn't mean we shouldn't pay attention to it. Not only does it kill innocent people, but look at our economy after 09/11.

Precisely look at your economy after 11/09, it's great!

The world's biggest airlines have crumbled and loads of little ones have sprung up like........i'm not going to finish that.

But that's the anarchist in me speaking wow.gif

xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Dec. 19 2002,22:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ Dec. 19 2002,21:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">French Backtrack<span id='postcolor'>

hhmmmm .... have read a police service report this morning telling that the chemical products that have been found could have really well been used for building a bomb kinda like the oklahoma city one<span id='postcolor'>

I live like 4 miles from were that was. It was the strangest sound I have ever heard, right across from the river there is a large oil storage tank and when I heard the explosion that is what we thought blew up untill we heard it on the news.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Dec. 19 2002,15:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tell you what, forgot I even said anything. If you people can't detect humor without me puttin smiley-faces after every single goddam sentence than I give up. I understand that the humor is a little darker than the usual stuff, but surely you can see the irony of Islamic terrorists attacking a country that at times seems to at least tacitly support groups like Hamas. It let's you know whose side they are ultimately on.

Now that I've managed to piss everyone off including the 12 year old with the 5-star general daddy, I think I'll crawl back into my hole to think of some more witticisms that will get me in trouble.<span id='postcolor'>

Tex, I'm not 12. I'm 30. And my family have seen more combat over the years than you. I don't hear ANYTHING about your combat experience- or will you call the Gulf War a "true" war? Something that lasted 100 hours? You killed more British than the Iraqis did in - SO SHUT UP!!

1) Yes, don't say anything.

2) Yes, give up. F**k off for all I care .

Those are the smartest words you've said.

As for witticisms I cannot wait for the next batch of words that need to be spell-checked.

Fuck, that was a rant, but let me tell you, I hate ignorance. Especially when they insult my family who have been dragged into American led wars for as long as I can remember. 5 star general my father/uncle were NOT, but at least they saw REAL wars, instead of fighting a 3rd world country.

I'm off to enjoy myself now instead of arguing with mongos. If I get banned, fine. I don't really give a shit. Tex: fuck off. I am REALLY pissed with you morons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kojak_2002 @ Dec. 20 2002,17:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Dec. 19 2002,15:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Tell you what, forgot I even said anything. If you people can't detect humor without me puttin smiley-faces after every single goddam sentence than I give up. I understand that the humor is a little darker than the usual stuff, but surely you can see the irony of Islamic terrorists attacking a country that at times seems to at least tacitly support groups like Hamas. It let's you know whose side they are ultimately on.

Now that I've managed to piss everyone off including the 12 year old with the 5-star general daddy, I think I'll crawl back into my hole to think of some more witticisms that will get me in trouble.<span id='postcolor'>

Tex, I'm not 12. I'm 30. And my family have seen more combat over the years than you. I don't hear ANYTHING about your combat experience- or will you call the Gulf War a "true" war? Something that lasted 100 hours? You killed more British than the Iraqis did in - SO SHUT UP!!

1) Yes, don't say anything.

2) Yes, give up. F**k off for all I care .

Those are the smartest words you've said.

As for witticisms I cannot wait for the next batch of words that need to be spell-checked.<span id='postcolor'>

Rewr! Phhppptt!

Geez. Take a breather man.

And any "war" where your life is in danger, people shoot at you, and people are dying IS a "war."

kojak_2002, consider yourself post restricted for a week. This is the second post restriction you are getting for flaming. The next one will be a permanent ban.

Slow down there; if you will read back, I never insulted your family. But you need to understand that to enter into an argument making claims that the US sponsors the Irish Republican Army, then you need to have a bit more evidence than some half-cocked reasoning and your genetic references.

I appreciate the fact that your family is full of combat veterans, but you don't exactly have a monopoly on that area. If you would stop taking yourself so damn seriously, you would see how stupid "Well, my dad says the US supports Irish terrorists, so it must be true!" sounds.

You just said that your family has been dragged into multiple conflicts because of America, and since you haven't been speaking of combat experience in the first-person, I can only assume that that opinion was formed partly from the stories of your relatives. Now, if your relatives think that the reason they were sent into combat was America, dont you think their opinions might be a little biased? Just a little?

Think about it.

One last thing: if you are in fact 30, then may I suggest you act your age, not your shoe size.

xmas.gif

Man....don't think I've seen ANYONE get worked up like that in all my grand time here...

Anyway...back to the topic...