Sign in to follow this  
Lazarus_Long

Foiled terrorist plot in france

Kojak you're a little cockshit, so shut your ass up about the US and everyone else quit bitching about other people's countries...

pls come down ALL OF YOU !

There are dependencies between nations and terrorism. This is known fact and no reason for starting a heated debate. Have a cup of tea sit back and relax. We certainly won´t change the world here within this forum, but we have a great chance to post our opinions and spread facts we know. Everyone here has different opinions on certain things and some of us have direct experiences. So take the chance and promote your knowledge in a CIVILIZED and MODERATE way.

Keep it low guys. Noone has to heat up anything here. Swap knowledge, open minds to new ideas, but don´t act like you were 7 years old and somebody took your favourite toy. Remember: The more sources and reliable facts you can provide the higher the chance to open sights from your opposition will be.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Kojak you're a little cockshit, so shut your ass up about the US and everyone else quit bitching about other people's countries...<span id='postcolor'>

This is out of tune too much. This is an international forum so either you can live with critisism , or bust.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All the Yanks did in Nam was kill innocent people, use agent orange and retreat. My uncle spent years clearing after your shitty mess in Kuwait and Somalia.

<span id='postcolor'>

That hits the same deck. I have been to Somalia also, but there were certainly more problems than the ones that were caused by US forces. So stay calm.

Jeeez, it´s christmas time and not bash - day - open  xmas.gif

Yes, on the face of things my post was rather childish. Although the replies weren't that clever either.

To be quite honest this is only a forum, not a life or death situation. So, I won't lose any sleep over it biggrin.gif

Merry Xmas, anyway folks!!!

(PS: Am having a cup of tea biggrin.gif )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (kojak_2002 @ Dec. 19 2002,00:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">FACTS:

1) The US invaded Vietnam

2) The US got beat - and they can't handle it

3) The US sponsored the Taleban - DENY IT.

4) The US sponsored the IRA - DENY IT.

5) The US sponsored Saddam Hussein's regime - DENY IT.

organisations"

Hey Tex,

first: don't call me pal. And, never insult my family. All the Yanks did in Nam was kill innocent people, use agent orange and retreat. My uncle spent years clearing after your shitty mess in Kuwait and Somalia.<span id='postcolor'>

I thought vietnam was a UN or NATO thing? The french were there before the US right? Maybe I'm wrong..... I could care less about politics on a forum were none of this stuff is heard on the world and most of the ppl here arent directly involved in any politics (I didnt say you did or did not witness a terrorist or whatever) so all their info comes from articles and whatnot.  xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) The US got beat - and they can't handle it<span id='postcolor'>

Actaully the US did not get beat, they won almost every major battle and small battle there was in Vietnam, they pulled out because they had too many casualties and most Americans wanted them to pull out.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

3) The US sponsored the Taleban - DENY IT.

<span id='postcolor'>

The US never sponsored the Taliban, they supplied the Mujahadeen with Stingers and some weapons, they did this to go against the Soviets.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

<span id='postcolor'>

No they didn't actually.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The US got involved in the Vietnam war because North Vietnam (which was Communist) invaded South Vietnam (which was democratic I think), and they didn't want another area to be overtaken by communists. Sure, the US did pretty bad things there, but the VC and NVA killed many South Vietnamese civilians as well.

Another question: was Pol Pot in Cambodia, and was he involved in the Vietnam war somehow?

And yes the French colonised Vietnam, but they pulled out in the 50's. Many other countries participated in the Nam war, such as Britian, canada, Australia, and New Zealand.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From Tex [uSMC]

Not so funny when it's your team, huh?<span id='postcolor'>

France has already experience of being victim of terrorism Tex ...

In fact , you need to look back some years ago starting  in the eighties (the most know bombing was the "Rue des Rosiers"  one in 1982)

Then after this first big wave of killing , it never really stopped :  France was terrorists bombs target a  lot of times , more time than your country had to face this kind of disgusting acts .

And not only from Algerian extremists

The problem was that this ugly terrorism threat was not taken as seriously as it should be by the world , the secret services of every nations never cooperate until recently (lot of years of possibility to collect intelligence were stupidly lost because of that non cooperation , the result was the easy growing of group like Al Quaeda) .

Now , because of this cooperation , terrorism actions can be stopped before the blood is on the floor and that is a great progress between all the nations.

We have now some result in some country where terrorists can be arrested

Even in great britain, country where terrorism has a lot of bases (i never understood how this nation could let these groups spread and preach their hate on their ground ... probably some secret non aggression pacts....) , things begin to change.

I can only hope that it is not too late after all this time lost.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">From Sniper

2) The US got beat - and they can't handle it

Actaully the US did not get beat, they won almost every major battle and small battle there was in Vietnam, they pulled out because they had too many casualties and most Americans wanted them to pull out.<span id='postcolor'>

The same in the conflict between France and Algeria , the war really endend because of a vote : a referendum of auto-determination.

On the ground french troops were in victory position , but in France , the people was very angry with the french soldier killed in this war , so a referendum vote took place.

Before this vote , there was a cess-fire signature at Evian between algerian and french representatives.

The ironic thing is that if this vote has been instead of running into civil war , there is a chance this war had never existed.

But now that years has passed , if we study this civil war , if we give a look to the composition of the FLN part , we can clearly see that a part of the FLN (the other part can be seen as "legit" revolutionary) acted exactly as act now the terrorists : mass killing in civil area to put terror and to force native people to join or to leave dead......

History seems really repetitive........

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1) The US invaded Vietnam -<span id='postcolor'> After the French, who did it after the Japanese.

Ironically enough, the Vietnamese were being covertly supported by the Soviets, as were the North Koreans. Pretty much like we were supporting the Taliban in Afghanistan.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) The US got beat - and they can't handle it<span id='postcolor'>

The U.S. won almost every battle in Vietnam. The reason we left was due to lack of public support, and a real reason for the war.

And we can't handle it? Ever heard of the vietnam memorial?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">3) The US sponsored the Taleban - DENY IT.<span id='postcolor'> We know, CNN beat you to it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">4) The US sponsored the IRA - DENY IT.

organisations"<span id='postcolor'>

PROVE IT.

I'd like to see some sources for once. Some non-biased sources. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Dec. 18 2002,06:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2) The US got beat - and they can't handle it<span id='postcolor'>

The U.S. won almost every battle in Vietnam.  The reason we left was due to lack of public support, and a real reason for the war.

And we can't handle it?  Ever heard of the vietnam memorial?<span id='postcolor'>

Is that true?

All you hear about it these days is that those soldiers were being slaughtered by an invisible enemy confused.gif

Like when they show a documentary and a veteran talks about what happened, it always sounds as if they were really being slaughtered...

Oh well, i probable am wrong as usual biggrin.gif

Ok, time to get back on topic people. If you continue discussing USA (Vietnam etc) I'll close the thread.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Dec. 18 2002,13:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, time to get back on topic people. If you continue discussing USA (Vietnam etc) I'll close the thread.<span id='postcolor'>

Come on man, just let them reply to my post! After that, we'll all go back on topic.

Okilidokeli?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Dec. 19 2002,12:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Dec. 18 2002,13wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ok, time to get back on topic people. If you continue discussing USA (Vietnam etc) I'll close the thread.<span id='postcolor'>

Come on man, just let them reply to my post!  After that, we'll all go back on topic.

Okilidokeli?<span id='postcolor'>

No, keep on topic. If you wish to discuss American foreign policy, do so in the Iraq thread.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All you hear about it these days is that those soldiers were being slaughtered by an invisible enemy

Like when they show a documentary and a veteran talks about what happened, it always sounds as if they were really being slaughtered...

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, we got a good flogging on the arse, but we killed more of em' if you look at the stats. Stories on the SOG (special observation group) is quite interesting.

France? I think of Inspector Clouseau.

Why do the Euros think Al Queda is an American problem? It is well known that they are planning strikes against European countries. I guess it will take AQ crashing an airliner on the Champs Elysee or a nerve agent attack in Berlin for them to realize this

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Dec. 19 2002,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why do the Euros think Al Queda is an American problem?  It is well known that they are planning strikes against European countries.  I guess it will take AQ crashing an airliner on the Champs Elysee or a nerve agent attack in Berlin for them to realize this<span id='postcolor'>

How did you come to the conclusion that Europeans think Al Qaeda in only an American problem?

Tell you what, forgot I even said anything. If you people can't detect humor without me puttin smiley-faces after every single goddam sentence than I give up. I understand that the humor is a little darker than the usual stuff, but surely you can see the irony of Islamic terrorists attacking a country that at times seems to at least tacitly support groups like Hamas. It let's you know whose side they are ultimately on.

Now that I've managed to piss everyone off including the 12 year old with the 5-star general daddy, I think I'll crawl back into my hole to think of some more witticisms that will get me in trouble.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Dec. 18 2002,16:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why do the Euros think Al Queda is an American problem?  It is well known that they are planning strikes against European countries.  I guess it will take AQ crashing an airliner on the Champs Elysee or a nerve agent attack in Berlin for them to realize this<span id='postcolor'>

Several men have been arrested who were planning an attack, this has happened a couple times now. Europe does know this stuff, we forget this kinda stuff rather fast. You get used to it, you know... smile.gif

Yes , i am curious to know on what fact do you base your conclusion " Euros think Al Queda is an American problem "

I live in France , part of Europe , and there is active anti terrorism investigation here in cooperation (especially since the attack on the WTC) with other countries of the world (not just USA), to find all the ramifications of this group and its affiliates.

And especially the dangerous because stealthy "sleeping" cells

But of course not everything can be heard on CNN

So no, "Euros" do not think about Al Quaeda as an US problem PitViper , every country is under threat by those kind of organizations

In fact the only judical investigation and process that is running on the events on 9/11 is held in germany. US stopped their investigations in january 2002 on political pressure from the White House.

My observation is made by several posts here which claim that the U.S is overreacting to AQ and that it is forcing its priority over other terrorist groups in other countries.  This conclusion can only be reached if one thinks that AQ is solely an American terrorist problem. Do we or do we not agree that AQ has a much wider reach and presence than most other terrorist groups?  AQ also acts in effect as a coordinator of smaller groups which share similar radical islamic sentiments.  This coordination is probably achieved by offering weapons, resources, or intel to these smaller groups in exchange for influence in their planning to serve its needs.

Perhaps my use of the term "Euro" is a bit too vague. perhaps "general sentiment among Europeans in this forum" would be more accurate.

The funniest thing though is that before the WTC attack, few people had ever heard of Al Queda and Osama Bin Ladin. Suddenly, every attack AFTER WTC has ties with Al Queda. Doesnt that seem a bit strange? I think Al Queda are getting far more credit than they should actually have. They have effectively become the boogy men of the terrorist world.

Yes, they are a threat, but they are not the biggest problem in the world. I dont think any European on this forum has had the delusion that we can't be attacked by Al Queda at some point.