g8QRz9c.jpg

Today, on 22nd of June, 2018, we celebrate the 17th anniversary of OFP/CWA release. On behalf of [PFC] Polish Flashpoint Community, I would like to announce the revival project of the legendary OFP/CWA community website - OFP.info (that was closed down on 2nd of June, 2018) - on a modern website engine. This project is patronised and accepted by the OFP.info creator - @cervomix. The website is still work-in-progress so I will keep you posted.

OFP.info 2.0 consists of:

• all the original news
  • all the original community-made content catalogued in separate subpages
  • all the original pictures
  • all the original files that were hosted:
    • on a website server
    • on a separate ftp
  • search function

http://ofpr.info.paradoxstudio.uk

• Like 21
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 1

That address is turning out to be tougher than chobham. :icon_biggrin: Thanks to everyone involved for getting it back onto the field.

• Like 2

Epic! Thanks for doing this. Still remember my first mod that I downloaded from OFP.info in 2005! FFUR 85 winter units + winter Nogova. I was a 13 year old kid back then! Can't wait to do that again now, 13 years later :)

• Like 3

Great news, thanks for keeping the site alive!

Edit: is the site going to receive news items like mission releasaes, addons etc.?

16 minutes ago, zwobot said:

Edit: is the site going to receive news items like mission releasaes, addons etc.?

You mean actual news releases? At this stage our priority it to build and launch the website that consists of over 10000 news entries that are part of the OFP/CWA history. Once it is done we will reconsider some ideas like gathering a team of newsmakers :wink_o:

• Like 4

Not so much News releases which are pro-actively gathered by a dedicated team. I guess that the forum here is where most of the Ofp/CWA activity is discussed so that it would not be necessary to copy & paste it to Ofp.info.

Maybe addon- and mission makers could submit addons and missions to Ofp.info which are published by a moderator then. So it would be more about hosting all of the Ofp related addons and missions at a central place.

But like you said, first things first - reviving the historic contet would be a great contribution in itself already!

On 22/06/2018 at 11:38 AM, RozekPoland said:

The website is work in progress so I will keep you posted.

Might be a while before it's live.

Hi Rozek,

Well it's not exactly the same, but pretty dam close. Its good that you kept news and file areas close to the original. Having the required addon links with each file was always a nice touch. I see that you have some working links to files in the news area like ftp://ftp.armedassault.info/ofpd/unofaddons3/ukr_t72_t55.zip

Unfortunately the "files" seem to have the old links: ftp://ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/OFrP_Infanterie_v3.2RC1.exe

While it will be a tedious task to update all those links, you do have base foundation looking pretty good.

Good Luck.

@Zulu

It's possible the old links could be placeholders. I imagine it'll be a while before things settle down.

I like the new look though. It's clean and has a modern feel to it. Sure the old site was familiar to most OFP fans, me included, but ultimately the content made it what it was. :smile_o:

Congratulations to the Beta release. It's good to be having a facility to search for addons again.

Thank you for keeping this alive.

• Like 1

Great job on the beta release. 

I see there is an issue with the downloads. Do you have the files? 

I downloaded many of the OFP.info files from the old gamepark.cz site abt 2 years ago. Not exactly sure which file goes where...or if anything has been corrupted since. 

While visiting the site I got a pop up saying that two viruses had been found on my Android phone with instructions on how to remove them on a cloned Google page.

@zulu1 Thank you for pointing that out. Will be fixed in future.

On 7/22/2018 at 9:21 PM, -Snafu- said:

I notice on the front page there's an advertisement for 'OFP Air - Let's Fly on Hardcore', what is it?

I've also found two articles that I can't remember seeing on the original website

@-Snafu- They have been written just for a test.

On 7/23/2018 at 2:06 PM, JdB said:

While visiting the site I got a pop up saying that two viruses had been found on my Android phone with instructions on how to remove them on a cloned Google page.

@JdB https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/73db0d3f9e4aaa689353d3ad57af98a0387f6b14cd3b5b8619c0af3e40338d80/analysis/

Just for the info, due to bandwidth limitation on the website server, the search engine is limited to provide max. 5 records/results.

• Like 1

Thanks mate, you made my day :don15:

I searched 4 days for drago island 2 and this beta version server is the only remaining source.

Thanks and have fun,

Mike

I don't know if the site is still being actively developed, but I found a number of file links that lead nowhere (on page http://ofpr.info.paradoxstudio.uk/addons/units.html?start=13). Seems like most of the links that only show "DOWNLOAD - FTP #1" don't have actual files.

ftp://ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/icp_rfwp.rar

ftp://ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/icprpg.rar

ftp://ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/imi1024.rar

On 10.10.2018 at 11:51 PM, Georg_Ravioli said:

I don't know if the site is still being actively developed, but I found a number of file links that lead nowhere (on page http://ofpr.info.paradoxstudio.uk/addons/units.html?start=13). Seems like most of the links that only show "DOWNLOAD - FTP #1" don't have actual files.

ftp://ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/icp_rfwp.rar

ftp://ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/icprpg.rar

ftp://ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/imi1024.rar

I guess, that the backup files include far too many links that need adjustment.

If you need those files, simply replace ftp://ofpr.info with ftp://ftp.armedassault.info in your download link

e.g ftp://ofpr.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/icp_rfwp.rar.shall be  ftp://ftp.armedassault.info/ofpd/unofaddons2/icp_rfwp.rar

This way should enable you to download what ever you need from the backup host.

• Thanks 1