VolumeInfinite

[RELEASE] WINGS, Windowed Instrument Navigation Guidance System (formerly Advanced Avionics Addon, A³)

no probs. Really looking forward to try this mod.

Do you have an option built in to change the instruments between metric and imperial units?

On 28/07/2018 at 3:58 AM, kibyde said:

no probs. Really looking forward to try this mod.

Do you have an option built in to change the instruments between metric and imperial units?

Later revisions can be requested that demonstrate metric data values. The primary purpose is to provide the initial steps toward a fully capable flight simulator; we've just taken the first step. We will be releasing shortly if you are interested in providing feedback (bugs only, rather than aesthetics).

• Like 1

Version 0.84 released, check the front page for download links. Comment here for feedback and reports!

Thanks guys!

• Thanks 1

No problem with the installation. I ran the app from a Windows tablet and got no issue connecting via neywork to my computer running ArmA and your mod.

I fly only helicopters so I don't know how much you can do with my feedback.

Gauges like the airspeed and vertical speed scale are not suitable for chopper (they fly too slow, fly up and down too slow). The RPM gauge spins like crazy in the M-48 Kajman. The rest of the gauges seem to work just fine.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kibyde said:

No problem with the installation. I ran the app from a Windows tablet and got no issue connecting via neywork to my computer running ArmA and your mod.

I fly only helicopters so I don't know how much you can do with my feedback.

Gauges like the airspeed and vertical speed scale are not suitable for chopper (they fly too slow, fly up and down too slow). The RPM gauge spins like crazy in the M-48 Kajman. The rest of the gauges seem to work just fine.

Hi Kibyde,

Thanks for getting in touch, we'll take a look into the RPM/Tachometer for the M-48 Kajman.

Ive made sure to start the redi server launched the app and i go to load the demo mission in the editor (only launched cba, redis,wings) and my arma just crashes to desktop) any thoughts?

18 hours ago, gutiarhero814 said:

Ive made sure to start the redi server launched the app and i go to load the demo mission in the editor (only launched cba, redis,wings) and my arma just crashes to desktop) any thoughts?

To be certain;

01) Launched ArmA Redis Client *bat file* (not the exe)
02) Launched ArmA 3 with @ArmARedisClient, @WINGS
03) Launched the Applet WINGS.exe
04) Launched an A3 WINGS template

Double check Step 01, as some people get confused and launch the server .exe, whereas the
.bat file has configuration data that sets the .exe to launch properly. Get back to me via PM, I

will walk you through the complete launch up procedure. Thanks for getting in touch with this!

Hello

We tested wings yesterday.

Runs nice and smooth.

As written above, a speed gauge for helicopters would be nice.

And the altimeter is showing radar alt, is that right?

Would be nice if we had radar alt and above sea level.

Is it also possible to run wings on a second pc, because i see the “localhost“ thing in the lower left corner?

Greets mike

Yes. You run the app on a second Windows Pc that is in the same network and change "localhost" into the IP address of your PC that runs ArmA and the server executable. 

Expect an update tonight regarding the RPM fix. Our team battled tremendously over which type of RPM they want to put up; but Creedcoders method of clamped RPM probably is for the best.

13 hours ago, TitansWeasel said:

Hello

We tested wings yesterday.

Runs nice and smooth.

As written above, a speed gauge for helicopters would be nice.

And the altimeter is showing radar alt, is that right?

Would be nice if we had radar alt and above sea level.

Is it also possible to run wings on a second pc, because i see the “localhost“ thing in the lower left corner?

Greets mike

10 hours ago, kibyde said:

Yes. You run the app on a second Windows Pc that is in the same network and change "localhost" into the IP address of your PC that runs ArmA and the server executable. 

Quite right, now detecting altitude type change is a bit of a contentious issue; as we would have to run an actively updated script that consistently checks if the vehicle is above or below a specific height value. One method would be to implement an offset knob that allowed you to change the barometric pressure to alleviate the issue, but again we'll look into it.

Glad to see you found the experience smooth! We're keen on making custom panels for anyone who wants a custom cockpit; and since that software is not ArmA related, but rather the Unity applet; you will have to discuss how complex/customised you want this thing to be.

Last spammy update (sorry about that guys, was in a very rush; issues at the office)

R85 is up, if you check the *google drive* link, you can acquire an early non-steam version

of the /app/ folder and replace your steam versions before Creed gets home and updates it.

This update fixes the spinning RPM issue with a scaled RPM / Tachometer for all Helicopters.

MANUAL UPDATE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vu0mHMmhL2FpnPQrgGKZJFcz3gE_Ux9z

I would kindly ask you all who fly with WINGS to dump your compatibility issues in posts here.

There is some screen resolution issues with my 3 different monitors (1920x1080, 1440x900, 1280x1024 turned to vertical). Also I have  "key not found please start the mission" error.

upd. this is with Steam current version.

7 hours ago, unhappytroll said:

There is some screen resolution issues with my 3 different monitors (1920x1080, 1440x900, 1280x1024 turned to vertical). Also I have  "key not found please start the mission" error.

upd. this is with Steam current version.

The documentation will state that it only supports 1920x1080 resolutions, there are

plans for 4:3 and other scaled resolutions but at present those are made requested

by the user, and commissioned I will add (as this is difficult work). Which monitor is

it displayed on? Is it the 1440x900 or the 1280x1024 (or rather, 1024x1280) screen?

And the text is not an error, it is something Creedcoder placed into the game .pbo so

we know it connected. There is discussion about removing it, as it causes users who

don't know any better, to think it is an error. Provided the gauges work, then it works.

You will see *zero* activity if you did not connect successfully. Be aware of that, too.

There is a checkbox with "Windowed" label, it works, so this is fine enough. It is just  when I tried to select my 1440x900 monitor the fullscreen image was scaled to 720x400, I think.

There is the problem, gauges  is not working.

Buttons are working, clock is working. Gauges does not receive data looks like.

1 hour ago, unhappytroll said:

There is a checkbox with "Windowed" label, it works, so this is fine enough. It is just  when I tried to select my 1440x900 monitor the fullscreen image was scaled to 720x400, I think.

There is the problem, gauges  is not working.

Buttons are working, clock is working. Gauges does not receive data looks like.

You should see 2 clocks, send a screenshot and I will confirm if it has worked for you. Currently I suspect you've got a misconfigured system, almost everyone else I have spoken to and tested with hasn't encountered this issue so this is niche. Let's take a look, please.

I strongly suggest you select 'windowed mode' for that type of monitor, and use it as 1280x720.

if you wish a custom resolution contact me privately with specifications  for your monitor, and much more!

Tested the new version. The RPM is not spinning anymore. With most helos the percentage scale is more usable though. As a thought would it be possible to press a button and the RPM switches to percentage scale? Same with airspeed scale and vertical speed scale. If there woud be a button that changes the the airspeed scale to something like max 350km/h and the vertical speed scale to 100 feet per min. that would be better for helicopte

11 hours ago, VolumeInfinite said:

You should see 2 clocks, send a screenshot and I will confirm if it has worked for you. Currently I suspect you've got a misconfigured system, almost everyone else I have spoken to and tested with hasn't encountered this issue so this is niche. Let's take a look, please.

I strongly suggest you select 'windowed mode' for that type of monitor, and use it as 1280x720.

if you wish a custom resolution contact me privately with specifications  for your monitor, and much more!

https://imgur.com/a/P25fGHO

https://imgur.com/a/xBgRDnR

There is only one clock.

Yes, that's what I did.

Nah, it's ok for me.

11 hours ago, kibyde said:

Tested the new version. The RPM is not spinning anymore. With most helos the percentage scale is more usable though. As a thought would it be possible to press a button and the RPM switches to percentage scale? Same with airspeed scale and vertical speed scale. If there woud be a button that changes the the airspeed scale to something like max 350km/h and the vertical speed scale to 100 feet per min. that would be better for helicopte

This was my preferred method as well, currently the team wish to test out an

RPM scale that may work in that manner. Right now there is no maxRPM for

ArmA, and without that value being publicly accessible, we cannot create the

necessary affect; only emulate it. Since we wanted a value, we went with the

system you're looking at now. If you're interested, we can try to solve this too.

10 hours ago, unhappytroll said:

https://imgur.com/a/P25fGHO

https://imgur.com/a/xBgRDnR

There is only one clock.

Yes, that's what I did.

Nah, it's ok for me.

If you only see 1 clock, then you have not set it up properly.

Yes I can confirm you have a misconfigured system. Read the manual carefully; it outlines

all the steps necessary to connect and operate. You *must* have ArmARedisClient in your

mod load order for this to work. Please send a screenshot of your mod launcher here,  please.

Steam Workshop updated with latest revision. Any questions, hit us up.

Would anyone be interested in creating video content for this? Credits

will be available for the best submission. Let us know if you're up to it.

New trailer up.

On 8/5/2018 at 11:04 PM, VolumeInfinite said:

If you only see 1 clock, then you have not set it up properly.

Yes I can confirm you have a misconfigured system. Read the manual carefully; it outlines

all the steps necessary to connect and operate. You *must* have ArmARedisClient in your

mod load order for this to work. Please send a screenshot of your mod launcher here,  please.

Nothing else except stated in the manual.

1. Run Redis server by .bat file (you can see it on the second screenshot)

2. Run Wings exe

3. Click connect button. (this is where that red line shows itself).

4. Start your mission from Eden.

Null problemo.

https://imgur.com/a/kJPHU6S

I also had these messages from BattlEye:

11.08.2018 17:19:25 - Blocked loading of file 'C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\System.Xml.Linq\327089111a659a9c33988ebc69cb4557\System.Xml.Linq.ni.dll'

11.08.2018 17:19:25 - Blocked loading of file 'C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\System.Xml\cf2ec3f149fd0ca1f034de565e5d9ead\System.Xml.ni.dll'

after using these mods.

But disabling BE did nothing helpful.

19 hours ago, unhappytroll said:

Nothing else except stated in the manual.

1. Run Redis server by .bat file (you can see it on the second screenshot)

2. Run Wings exe

3. Click connect button. (this is where that red line shows itself).

4. Start your mission from Eden.

Null problemo.

https://imgur.com/a/kJPHU6S

18 hours ago, unhappytroll said:

I also had these messages from BattlEye:

11.08.2018 17:19:25 - Blocked loading of file 'C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\System.Xml.Linq\327089111a659a9c33988ebc69cb4557\System.Xml.Linq.ni.dll'

11.08.2018 17:19:25 - Blocked loading of file 'C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_64\System.Xml\cf2ec3f149fd0ca1f034de565e5d9ead\System.Xml.ni.dll'

after using these mods.

But disabling BE did nothing helpful.

The BE errors are odd, I would suggest you uninstall and reinstall WINGS from

the steam workshop; I suspect it has something to do with that but cannot be

certain until a full redownload of the mod is conducted. Send a screenshot of

your WINGS application too, please. It could be a problem with your use of it..