ORIGAMI ARMY

Clarification for an ARMA Modding Newbie

So i want to make a new foot soldier for arma 3 but it doesn't use the human mesh (the model is still humanoid) I'm just wondering if i can replace the original soldier mesh with the new mesh. if i can how i would go about this? would i re-skin the new mesh onto the old meshes skeleton?

Sorry if this is vague. 

• Like 1

Would be easier to help if your were not so vague about it. (also vagueness has strong ripped model smell to it...) Some pointers tho.

To use Armas animations on your character the size and dimensions must match the Arma man measurements. As in joints have to be in same places. Otherwise you will only create a chaos spawn creature because Armas animations do not scale to different sized characters.

If your character is different sized you will need 100% new animations set for it. Even if its off like 5cm that will start to show fast with badly deforming animations.

The movement animations consist from something like 2000 different animations (some short some longer) so it is far from easy task as there is also the configuring and adjusting to use weapons etc involved.

So different sized character is pretty much the deepest end of Arma modding and requires many different skills to be completed.

4 hours ago, HorribleGoat said:

Would be easier to help if your were not so vague about it. (also vagueness has strong ripped model smell to it...) Some pointers tho.

To use Armas animations on your character the size and dimensions must match the Arma man measurements. As in joints have to be in same places. Otherwise you will only create a chaos spawn creature because Armas animations do not scale to different sized characters.

If your character is different sized you will need 100% new animations set for it. Even if its off like 5cm that will start to show fast with badly deforming animations.

The movement animations consist from something like 2000 different animations (some short some longer) so it is far from easy task as there is also the configuring and adjusting to use weapons etc involved.

So different sized character is pretty much the deepest end of Arma modding and requires many different skills to be completed.

OK thanks for the info

ill have to rethink my approch to this project

What is it you want to achieve exactly? If you explain you might be able to get right kind of help and straight answers what can be done and how and what cant be done.