10 hours ago, kremator said:

Found another issue.  Commander makes a group, and for whatever reason they (or the group leader) decides to get into a static MG.  Now the group are given move orders to take a grid, but they cannot move as the group lead is mounted in the gun.

They should dismount over time - this is a Vcom feature however. So you should be able to disable it within the mission - I will have to double check Vcom for this code as well. :fones:

12 hours ago, SnakeDocc said:

This is awesome man, great work!
I noticed the parachute issues on our dedi as well (but ive never seen it in our normal milsim ops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) 
Are the pricing tables still wip? all launchers and their ammo for example cost the same?

I'm not sure what's so special about these parachutes that cause lag :eh:

Here is part of the code that seems to just make some servers cry

{
	private _SpwnPos = [_ClosestFinal, random 350, random 360] call BIS_fnc_relPos;
	private _para = createVehicle ["NonSteerable_Parachute_F",[(_SpwnPos select 0),(_SpwnPos select 1),((_SpwnPos select 2) + 400)], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	_x enableSimulation true;
	_x moveInDriver _para;
	sleep 1.5;
} foreach (units _grp);

A major flaw I keep running into is towns being uncapturable.  One single enemy point left, but no amount of searching seems to reveal where he's hiding.  The AI commander parks their army in the middle of the area, and the last guy is never killed.  I don't know if this might be a bug with the last guy never even spawning into a sector to defend it, making it uncapturable?

• Like 1

Yea, you no way more about scripting than me, and +1 to that ^ had it happen a couple of times last night, restarting the mission (not save) fixed it.

• Like 1

Possibly making it so that if there is only 1 point remaining on a zone, short timer would start before it just gets captured.  We spent about an hour searching one of these zones, UAV's with thermals, I'm quite positive this last guy just simply isn't spawning in.

14 hours ago, genesis92x said:

Here is part of the code that seems to just make some servers cry

Try "Steerable_Parachute_F" instead of "NonSteerable_Parachute_F"

• Like 1

Have opened Dissension up and am trying the NonSteerable to Steerable fix to see if that makes a difference.  Would you believe I've seen no parachutes called for (except the ammobox ones taht we have to collect).

Will let you guys know IF I see a slowdown.

MAN this mission is brutal .... makes no diference if you are infantry, armoured or air ... you get nailed IF you are stupid.  I'm loving it.

Found an error .... 'Variable 'dis_vehtv' does not support serialisation'.  Also still seeing problems with AI teams not moving (this time a scout of BOBCAT team - on his own) was standing by a set of containers.  He didnt move for the hour that I was wathing him.  Also the AI commander (guerilla type) was very slow to act if at all.

Further playtesting.  On respawn it is interesting that there is quite a noticeable lag BEFORE the Arsenal UI comes up.  I've also noticed that sometimes the OPEN TABLET disappears (luckily comes back when you press Esc and go command interface)

Did I say I'm loving it?  Getting to hate the AT when I have my lovely vehicles :)  PS BOBCAT is STILL at the containers :)

First:  Not sure if it's intended or not, but when trying to run it with IFA3, you can hire German AI, but purchase more US vehicles than German ones. Thought I'd mention it.

Second: Would it be possible to limit the arsenal depending on which mods/factions are used? (Also related to the above feedback, as we could get any weapons from the arsenal) 

Third: We've also experienced the parachute issue, froze our server a couple times for 30-50 seconds. 

Besides that, it's a really fun mission when playing vanilla w/ TFAR, love the dynamic battles, and how it doesn't actually lag clients that much. Great job! <3

Try the fix that @damsous said.  I've not seen any slowdown yet, but still no paratroopers .... in fact let me restart the server to see.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, damsous said:

Try "Steerable_Parachute_F" instead of "NonSteerable_Parachute_F"

1 hour ago, kremator said:

Try the fix that @damsous said.  I've not seen any slowdown yet, but still no paratroopers .... in fact let me restart the server to see.

I will give that a try and see as well.

1 hour ago, Berntsen said:

First:  Not sure if it's intended or not, but when trying to run it with IFA3, you can hire German AI, but purchase more US vehicles than German ones. Thought I'd mention it.

Second: Would it be possible to limit the arsenal depending on which mods/factions are used? (Also related to the above feedback, as we could get any weapons from the arsenal) 

Third: We've also experienced the parachute issue, froze our server a couple times for 30-50 seconds. 

Besides that, it's a really fun mission when playing vanilla w/ TFAR, love the dynamic battles, and how it doesn't actually lag clients that much. Great job! <3

Just to make sure, you selected the Iron Front Lite for the mod options in the params? Arsenal will still show with all the normal weapons but once you attempt to leave Arsenal with any modern weapon it should remove it.

Hopefully that parachute fix will work.

:grinning:

Thank you 

5 hours ago, kremator said:

Have opened Dissension up and am trying the NonSteerable to Steerable fix to see if that makes a difference.  Would you believe I've seen no parachutes called for (except the ammobox ones taht we have to collect).

Will let you guys know IF I see a slowdown.

MAN this mission is brutal .... makes no diference if you are infantry, armoured or air ... you get nailed IF you are stupid.  I'm loving it.

Found an error .... 'Variable 'dis_vehtv' does not support serialisation'.  Also still seeing problems with AI teams not moving (this time a scout of BOBCAT team - on his own) was standing by a set of containers.  He didnt move for the hour that I was wathing him.  Also the AI commander (guerilla type) was very slow to act if at all.

Further playtesting.  On respawn it is interesting that there is quite a noticeable lag BEFORE the Arsenal UI comes up.  I've also noticed that sometimes the OPEN TABLET disappears (luckily comes back when you press Esc and go command interface)

Did I say I'm loving it?  Getting to hate the AT when I have my lovely vehicles :)  PS BOBCAT is STILL at the containers :)

Thanks Kremator for the update, glad you are enjoying it. I will also give the parachute test a try. If we get good results I will post an update. 

I will take a look into some AI squads getting stuck

8 hours ago, hangphyr said:

Possibly making it so that if there is only 1 point remaining on a zone, short timer would start before it just gets captured.  We spent about an hour searching one of these zones, UAV's with thermals, I'm quite positive this last guy just simply isn't spawning in.

I think I might see the issue, it should be a simple fix but will require more testing. To clarify, this happens AFTER the town is activated? As in, you were seeing troops actively spawn in before and the bar looks almost empty?

Towns that are not active will always show 1 troop remaining. Pressing "J" will show all active towns on your side.

I know that we can press J to give us hint about the active town, but a more visual way (3D icon visible for 5 secs) would help.  Pressing J shows EVERY area, not just the one of interest.

Back to testing :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kremator said:

I know that we can press J to give us hint about the active town, but a more visual way (3D icon visible for 5 secs) would help.  Pressing J shows EVERY area, not just the one of interest.

Back to testing :)

Check the map! It highlights the towns blue/red depending on your side. At the top of your screen it should also show which town is being targeted by the commander, if any.

6 hours ago, kremator said:

I've also noticed that sometimes the OPEN TABLET disappears (luckily comes back when you press Esc and go command interface)

First off, congrats @genesis92x for this mission. It's an amazing accomplishment. I've just started testing it locally, running it as a dedicated on the same computer as my client (that's all I got right now).

I have noticed the problem kremator points out. In fact, I feel more often than not I have to go to the ESC menu -> command interface because OPEN TABLET is missing. I've not discovered any rhyme or reason so far as to why it sometimes it appears and others does not.

It's working quite well. A few FPS slow downs when there's tons of spawns, but to be expected.  And once I got a complete freeze of AI for a minute or two. When I shot them, they'd flinch, but not die, and those running when these happened were running in place.  Was about to restart when everything returned to normal. Have no idea if this was related to the reported parachute bug. 

Is there (or will there be?) an option to leave bodies / wrecks on the battlefield a bit longer?  Or only disappear when they aren't near a player?  Often bodies and knocked out vehicles would disappear right in front of me, and at times when I was actively looting them. Running it solo, I quickly learned to gear up as light as possibly in the beginning, or I'd run out of cash, and just rely on the fallen allies or enemies.  The worst is when I'd drop my gun, pick theirs up, then the body would disappear and leave my with no ammo :)

For my purposes, I'd like a setting with fewer AI (I like there's so many in a dense area compared to say KP Liberation, but at times it seemed almost excessive) with a longer stick-around-when-dead time (or again some logic that they aren't cleaned up -- if possible -- when with like 300m of a player).

I'm excited to get some friends on for further playing. So far this has been great. I love the dynamism, compared to the sterility of some other CTI modes, where it feels like the whole map is empty and lifeless except for when you're close to a town, then it's just a shooting gallery when the baddies spawn in.

17 minutes ago, snubz said:

It's working quite well. A few FPS slow downs when there's tons of spawns, but to be expected.  And once I got a complete freeze of AI for a minute or two. When I shot them, they'd flinch, but not die, and those running when these happened were running in place.  Was about to restart when everything returned to normal. Have no idea if this was related to the reported parachute bug.

Yeah I bet there were parachutes hanging in the air somewhere.

A very minor report. When respawning, it often says that I'm the closest ally.  Obviously I just ignore it, not a big deal, but was an oddity I noticed.

And a suggestion:  add the YouTube tutorial links found in the in-game tablet to first post of this thread.  And any reason why the videos are unlisted?  

Going from NonSteerable to Steerable for parachutes seems to fix the issue of FPS drop.  Looking forward to the stuck vehicles/troops code (tankbuster posted something a while back)

One thing I and other players noticed: the gun shot sounds seem reduced.  I'll be 100m from an enemy firing away at me, and in every other mission, it's loud, but not here.

Is there possibly anything in here that might be affecting sound volume, particularly with others' gun fire?  (my shots sound fine). I noticed there's a NRE_earplugs.sqf scripts, but not sure how one activates/deactivates that; it's not something I see in any menu in game.

3 hours ago, snubz said:

One thing I and other players noticed: the gun shot sounds seem reduced.  I'll be 100m from an enemy firing away at me, and in every other mission, it's loud, but not here.

Is there possibly anything in here that might be affecting sound volume, particularly with others' gun fire?  (my shots sound fine). I noticed there's a NRE_earplugs.sqf scripts, but not sure how one activates/deactivates that; it's not something I see in any menu in game.

many scripts use the pause/break key for earplugs

It's awesome to see this finally released. One thing I noticed however playing with Iron Front and FoW is that helicopters are still being spawned and used by every side. Other than that it seems to be working well.

Although me server isn't on 24/7 I'm getting a lot of people playing Dissension !  Looking forward to updates!

PS parachute fix is working great for me - no slowdowns now.

• Like 1

Update Time! Several bug fixes -

Removed all nonsteerable parachutes to fix game from freezing.

1st Attempt at preventing AI units from getting stuck

All players can construct items off the same crate to assist in building bases (will still require own purchased HQ)

Fix for towns that have only 1 person left to cap. (Towns that report only 1 remaining WITH A FULL BAR have simply not been initialized yet).

Several other small bug fixes

Dissension Altis V1.2

Dissension Tanoa V1.2

Dissension Source Files

The steam version will be updated once I can figure out this issue here:help:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Congrats on the release!

Any guesses when we get European servers?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Varis said:

Congrats on the release!

Any guesses when we get European servers?

Thanks!

And when anyone is willing to host one :D

We are!!!

But we are working on a UK version

3cb mods

tfar 

and ace if we can make it work