12 hours ago, Da Capin said:

I believe you can add TFAR as an optional so it's not a requirement but yes it would be needed server side, would this be possible? We're really liking this over at 3Para-GU and TFAR makes comms a lot easier :) and we were wanting to try this out with a few of us on.

Absolutely loving the work behind the mission tho, CTI done right :D

If you can get a decent number of people, I would be more than happy to launch a server with whatever mods you want.

• Thanks 1

Great mission, i play 1h this morning with a guy and we leave cause the AI don't stop spawning in our face (10 m in front of us), so we can't really progress that spawn all the time, maybe it can be help your mission to replace the continuous spawning AI at the objective, maybe 500m away and move to the location or paradrop, cause its not really fun to progress carfully and at the end be killed by a group that spawn just in front of you, we were at the transmit tower and no way to approach that spawn all the time so we leave.

Without this AI spawn spam the mission look great, a lot of action, nice feature and good perf.

• Like 1

That would be great, to be fair we're pretty happy with whatever, just TFAR makes comms a lot easier, There should be a few of us invading your server on Friday hopefully.

Bit of feedback for ya as a couple of us were on testing it out,
Bugs - We noticed several opfor dropping a setup .50cal MG when they died .

AI - it felt like we were playing a mission running VCOM :D so that's some VERY nice stuff you got running in background.

Frames - these are excellent apart from the occasional spike (but arma will be arma haha).

Weight - Is it possible to do something so we can see our total weight when in VA? To avoid buying too much and being encumbered (lmg loadouts for example can be very heavy just with a couple boxes of ammo).

Looking forward to the final release on this tho so great work so far! Maybe we could get you on with us sometime to show us some tricks ;) Although I was definitely getting flashbacks to Arma 2 with this :D , there would be more of us wanting to jump on if you did get TFAR running as comms were quite difficult without our radios etc. (Some of us are a  bit spoilt I think with that mod hahahaha)

ok. So i attempted to play again. Some thoughts about game play. Last time I attempted i think there was about 4-6 players and the lag was so bad I could not get past the base. That was probably a month ago.

Today I attempted again. was in a server solo, went for side mission Gori. all smooth until entering combat area. once AI started to spawn FPS varied from 40s to 7. It felt like as I got closer to the area / AI base frames just kept dropping. I was getting some errors and I will post here. not sure but do not believe they made a big difference. As I played I wanted to make sure it was not my connection. I was in the 90mbs dl entire time. So bottleneck is the server and most likely AI spawning. 

The concept is awesome. Altis is a huge map I wonder if smaller maps would do better. 

[1,1,1,1],
[5334.28,17651.3,2.00034]>
 9:21:00   Error position: <[
[1,1,1,1],
[5334.28,17651.3,2.00034]>
 9:21:00   Error Generic error in expression
 9:21:00 Error in expression <
drawIcon3D
[

this box spammed entire game time.

not sure how you have AI spawning. may want to consider cutting it half by 50% for testing. Currently cannot play d/t fps. Thanks for all you do. 

Most of these issues are fixed :) That's an old version I believe you were playing.

I am looking to fully release the gamemode to the public within the next few days so I can move to other projects. It's actually been surprisingly hard to get a consistent player count for the mission for full testing. I think it's  good enough to release now.

• Like 9

I installed it on my dedi and have been playing it for about 30 minutes.  Intially the server was a little bogged down (as I could see an enemy jet rubberbanding and an enemy paradrop hung in the air for about 2 mins - this is prolly my server rather than the mission however!)  Once they were dead the gameplay was superb.

I did come across a problem with incapacitated enemies UNDER the water.  It looked like an enemy mortar team had setup under the water.  There were hit my an explosion that just incapacitated them and all the friendlies kept firing at the water (to kill them).   Of course the rounds weren't penetrating the water, nor were the wounded dying eventually. 

Apart from that, so far, LOVING IT.  it has indeed been worth the wait @genesis92x.  I recommend everyone to try this mission.

8 hours ago, kremator said:

I installed it on my dedi and have been playing it for about 30 minutes.  Intially the server was a little bogged down (as I could see an enemy jet rubberbanding and an enemy paradrop hung in the air for about 2 mins - this is prolly my server rather than the mission however!)  Once they were dead the gameplay was superb.

I did come across a problem with incapacitated enemies UNDER the water.  It looked like an enemy mortar team had setup under the water.  There were hit my an explosion that just incapacitated them and all the friendlies kept firing at the water (to kill them).   Of course the rounds weren't penetrating the water, nor were the wounded dying eventually. 

Apart from that, so far, LOVING IT.  it has indeed been worth the wait @genesis92x.  I recommend everyone to try this mission.

Thanks Kremator :D Those are some amazing finds right there.

And I have also noticed  that parachutes seem to kill A3 for some reason...I'm not sure why. The mission does support, and runs better with, a headless client so that's one option at least.

7 hours ago, loopdk said:

3para are doing a uk version asap. 

Sweet! Feel free to hop into my default discord and just let me know where to be, and what I need. I'd love to participate and use that as further debug testing.

• Like 1

The mission is BRUTAL .. and I love it.  You just cannot just rush into an AO.

In the early days there were LOT of reinforcements that went to the AO ... but I'm not seeing this with the latest version.  We aren't able to recruit to HC yet as well ... I'm sure you'll sort that in time.

Right ... back to playing it :)

45 minutes ago, kremator said:

The mission is BRUTAL .. and I love it.  You just cannot just rush into an AO.

In the early days there were LOT of reinforcements that went to the AO ... but I'm not seeing this with the latest version.  We aren't able to recruit to HC yet as well ... I'm sure you'll sort that in time.

Right ... back to playing it :)

Yeah, it can be pretty brutal, especially in the early game.

@foxhound Do we still bother foxhound if we want to let him know about an official release that can be uploaded to ArmAholic?

• Like 1

Something is seriously wrong with parachutes.  When they are present (tested on Alits and Tanoa) there is zero frame rate.  They will halt for about 20 seconds then float down about 3m.  ONLY when they are moving do the enemy move.  You can put lots of bullets into the enemy but only when the parachutes move will they die.

28 minutes ago, kremator said:

Something is seriously wrong with parachutes.  When they are present (tested on Alits and Tanoa) there is zero frame rate.  They will halt for about 20 seconds then float down about 3m.  ONLY when they are moving do the enemy move.  You can put lots of bullets into the enemy but only when the parachutes move will they die.

We have this problem on our server too. Especially when spawning a group to halo.

7 minutes ago, Jnr4817 said:

We have this problem on our server too. Especially when spawning a group to halo.

It's strange, when we had this issue on our server, it would only happen once. Then it seems to have "cached" the parachutes - future halo drops never had issues, but the 1st one always did.

thx good work,this ResourceTimer drop fps very hard

52 minutes ago, amon1 said:

thx good work,this ResourceTimer drop fps very hard

I would not recommend playing this gamemode without a dedicated server.

I will constantly host an RHS and Vanilla version - listed on the 1st page. Try there. They have good FPS :D

Is there any fix for that first paradrop then? ... it really wrecks the FPS.  You know, I think I've seen this problem in other missions a LONG time ago (as I've been around here for quite a bit!)  Will do some digging.

30 minutes ago, kremator said:

Is there any fix for that first paradrop then? ... it really wrecks the FPS.  You know, I think I've seen this problem in other missions a LONG time ago (as I've been around here for quite a bit!)  Will do some digging.

This is not something we see on our server - so I wonder if it's a certain setting with a server? Not sure.

This is awesome man, great work!
I noticed the parachute issues on our dedi as well (but ive never seen it in our normal milsim ops ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ) 
Are the pricing tables still wip? all launchers and their ammo for example cost the same?

Found another issue.  Commander makes a group, and for whatever reason they (or the group leader) decides to get into a static MG.  Now the group are given move orders to take a grid, but they cannot move as the group lead is mounted in the gun.