Jump to content
vPzBtl33_Hunger

HEBONTES - AAF/NATO MILITARY TRAINING GROUND

Recommended Posts

Header.jpg

 

 

HEBONTES AAF/NATO MILITARY TRAINING GROUND

BY HUNGER & CHRISSY

 

INTRODUCTION

 

Dear ArmA 3 Community, 

 

my girlfriend Chrissy and me are happy to announce the release of our recent project, the island of Hebontes. After more than four months of planning, painting, terraforming, repaint, design and object placement we finally got the first release candidate working. Sure the island is yet not perfect and has many issues, but since our summer vacation ist ahead, we had to get a combat ready version out now. 

My wish was to give all ArmA 3 communitys a place where they can practise their tactics, especially infantry, mech infantry and tanks. Hebontes is a fictional mix of several training grounds in Germany, fittet in the setting of vanilla ArmA3. Parts of Grafenwöhr, Bergen, Munster Nord and several fictional places are the foundation for Hebontes.  I want to thank

 

Christin B. 

Daniel F. 

George Floros

 

for their continous support and help, to get this thing working. Without them, the terrain would be released in two years or so. Thank you very much. 

 

 

STORY OF HEBONTES

 

In 1957, the Republic of Altis and Stratis has been in need for a dedicated training ground for their recently deployed forces, the AAF. Since the island of Hebontes was nearby and basically only populated by a hand full of fishermen, the decision finally has been made to resettle the population of Hebontes to Altis and Stratis. After 60% of Hebontes population has been resettled, the transformation began. Shooting ranges were built, a training camp was established and the "Hebontes Command and Control" began their service in 1970. 

In 1981, the first NATO Forces, especially  USA, Germany and France deployed bataillions for training aside the AAF. 

During the Civil War, Hebontes was used as headquater as well as hub for resupply and reorganisation. 

 

 

TECHNICAL DATA

 

First crunch made: 02xxxxAmar2018

Size of Hebontes: Approx 240km²

Sattelite Map Res: 1,5px/m

Heightmap Res: 2,25px/m

Terrain overall: 18432m x 18432m

Objects placed: Approx 1.5 million 

Villages (still populated): 4

Villages (abandoned): 5

FILE SIZE: 715mb

 

 

LICENSE

 

SEE LICENSE HERE

APL-ND.png

This work is licensed under a Arma Public License No Derivatives

 

DO NOT FRONTPAGE OR THIS WORK FOR DOWNLOAD IT ON YOUR PLATFORM

I WANT IT TO BE STEAM  ONLY

 

 

PLANS FOR NEXT RELEASE

 

- Two more training Camps

- Better underwater heightmap

- Further config improvements

- The Alonaki Gravel Pit is not yet what I wanted it to be, so i will build some kind of abandoned industrial complex here

- Some more assets

- Further improve the tank test and driving range, there are too few obstacles right now

 

PLEASE BE AWARE that I'll be not available until Autust 2018. I'll hike the Kungsleden with Chrissy, so I cant take care of answering questions etc. I'm sorry :(

 

 

 

CHANGELOG, VERSION 1.1

Added Hebontes PopUp targets (Tank-Front, Tank-Side, Tank-Turret, IFV/APC-Front, IFV/APC-Side, IFV/APC-Side Turret, assaulting rifleman)

Added Hebontes PopUp target control unit (see presentation Video) (Config by vPzBtl33_Franz)

Solved various object placement issues

Added Aiolos Airfield

Added air to ground range

Added Serverkeys

 

 

INCLUDED FILES

 

- hebontes.pbo

- hebontes_assets.pbo

 

 

CREDITS & SPECIAL THANKS TO:

 

- Christin B. for all the help she did, planning, configs and object placement

- Daniel F, aka. vPzBtl33_Franz for helping me with hebontes_assets and every weekend I've stolen from you :)

- George Floros for translationg everything into greek language

- Silola for his absolutely great tool XCam

- Memphis Belle for teching me how to build terrains in general

- The whole virtual Lehrbrigade 16 for testing and  bug hunting

 

REQUIREMENTS

 

NONE exept of ArmA 3 itself

 

 

DOWNLOAD LINK

 

You can download HEBONTES via Steam Workshop, please do not frontpage it for download anywhere else, so I can have a brief overview how much it's in use. 

DOWNLOAD HERE

 

HOW TO SUPPORT US

 

We've spent hundreds of hours to get this thing ready, so if you want to support us and give something back, feel free, no matter what amount, we appreciate every little bit. 

 

You can donate via PayPal here: 

 

Donate!

 

We also have a patreon side:

 

Click here to get to our Patreon side

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMAGES: (Thank you Nikoaton for your anims!)

 

 

 

 

hebontes_1.jpg

 

 

hebontes_2.jpg

 

 

hebontes_3.jpg

 

 

hebontes_4.jpg

 

 

hebontes_5.jpg

 

 

hebontes_6.jpg

 

 

hebontes_7.jpg

 

 

hebontes_8.jpg

 

 

hebontes_9.jpg

 

 

hebontes_10.jpg

 

 

 

BUGTRACKER

 

CLICK HERE

 

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is great. While understandably there's a lot of areas with not much to show, those areas having just wilderness or decrepit fields being reclaimed by nature, every inch of it looks beautiful. The geography is very convincing and natural, which is hugely important to me. A lot of terrains just don't look like a real place on earth, things stick out like sore thumbs, the grass, the ground, and the satmap are all at odds with eachother, things aren't placed thoughtfully. But that does not hold true for Hebontes. The handful of inhabited towns really feel lived in and really feel like towns, while the deserted ones truly feel deserted and contrast with inhabited ones. There's detail everywhere. I really love all the rocks you used to trim off the hills, lakes, and coastline, they look great. The west coast with all the cliffs and rocks is beautiful, along with that lake on the tank test range. All the ranges are totally useful for their intended purposes, and look good doing it too. All the ruins are really neat and add a lot of character. Each individual town, range, and camp has its own unique feel and character, which is very, very cool. On a lot of terrains by other people, settlements and bases feel very cut and paste, even Bohemia Interactive ones, but not on Hebontes. You definitely nailed the Mediterranean atmosphere too.

 

However, there were a couple things I did not think were quite as good. I liked how Camp Asteria had mostly clear and coherent facilities within the base, they were well spaced nicely and put together well, but the area with the barracks seemed a bit too spread-out. I would've grouped the buildings closer or put in a few more, while trying to make the garrison a little more of its own coherent area within the base if that makes any sense. Camp Thermis was great though. Its clean, its tight, its functional. I also have to say that the forests were a little lame, they would have looked better with denser trees and ground-cover composed of primarily somewhat dense plants and bushes instead of grass. I assume this was a gameplay decision though, since the focus of the terrain is not on forests, they just fill the space between the meat of the map.

 

Oh and I'm forgetting this is a HUGE map and its made-up. It's really impressive, the level of authenticity, detail, and naturalness you've accomplished for such a large and fictional terrain. The time it took for you to produce the terrain to the level it is at today is also very impressive. I deeply regret that I don't have much use for a training ground personally since I'm not involved with any milsim communities, but with the wealth of bases and towns, I'm sure I'll be able to get something out of this very well done terrain. I very much look forward to any terrains you guys end up making in the future because I'm sure they'll be be amazing.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is absolutely perfect. Every range looks just like every range I've ever trained on. Definitely a must have for any unit to train on.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Altis Police Officers receive basic marksmanship training at Hebontes Training Center. 6/15/2018

 

95A41A60C0F85527B38CE5D86F775C8A2C7BAF3BDF7F080643B0CA1288B9508F344F351AFE9772E8

 

Altis Police Officers receive Urban Warfare Training at Hebontes Training Center. 6/15/2018.

 

5AA73D620010E581C56F4F8C3DBE8B0A234AF3C68FC0864AC94BDBEF808ADF7F11BB96FE05C36310

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vPzBtl33_Hunger said:

I want to thank

 

Christin B. 

Daniel F. 

George Floros

 

for their continous support and help, to get this thing working. Without them, the terrain would be released in two years or so. Thank you very much. 

hebontes_6.jpg

Thank you also very much Hunger for this Great Project !

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

This is great. While understandably there's a lot of areas with not much to show, those areas having just wilderness or decrepit fields being reclaimed by nature, every inch of it looks beautiful. The geography is very convincing and natural, which is hugely important to me. A lot of terrains just don't look like a real place on earth, things stick out like sore thumbs, the grass, the ground, and the satmap are all at odds with eachother, things aren't placed thoughtfully. But that does not hold true for Hebontes. The handful of inhabited towns really feel lived in and really feel like towns, while the deserted ones truly feel deserted and contrast with inhabited ones. There's detail everywhere. I really love all the rocks you used to trim off the hills, lakes, and coastline, they look great. The west coast with all the cliffs and rocks is beautiful, along with that lake on the tank test range. All the ranges are totally useful for their intended purposes, and look good doing it too. All the ruins are really neat and add a lot of character. Each individual town, range, and camp has its own unique feel and character, which is very, very cool. On a lot of terrains by other people, settlements and bases feel very cut and paste, even Bohemia Interactive ones, but not on Hebontes. You definitely nailed the Mediterranean atmosphere too.

 

However, there were a couple things I did not think were quite as good. I liked how Camp Asteria had mostly clear and coherent facilities within the base, they were well spaced nicely and put together well, but the area with the barracks seemed a bit too spread-out. I would've grouped the buildings closer or put in a few more, while trying to make the garrison a little more of its own coherent area within the base if that makes any sense. Camp Thermis was great though. Its clean, its tight, its functional. I also have to say that the forests were a little lame, they would have looked better with denser trees and ground-cover composed of primarily somewhat dense plants and bushes instead of grass. I assume this was a gameplay decision though, since the focus of the terrain is not on forests, they just fill the space between the meat of the map.

 

Oh and I'm forgetting this is a HUGE map and its made-up. It's really impressive, the level of authenticity, detail, and naturalness you've accomplished for such a large and fictional terrain. The time it took for you to produce the terrain to the level it is at today is also very impressive. I deeply regret that I don't have much use for a training ground personally since I'm not involved with any milsim communities, but with the wealth of bases and towns, I'm sure I'll be able to get something out of this very well done terrain. I very much look forward to any terrains you guys end up making in the future because I'm sure they'll be be amazing.

 

 

 

Thank you very very much! I cant say how much I appreciate your words!

 

Thanks to all of you guys!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a very nice map. You can definitely tell a lot of thought and effort went into it. I only had time for a quick tour in the editor and hope to have actually 'feet on the ground' time over the weekend, but first blush is impressive :)

 

Well done!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations on the awesome release!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Rich and kerozen! Maybe I can update it one more time before our holiday begins. PopUpTargets are in the Works

 

popup.jpg

  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my first play on this today; absolutely stunning! Truly brilliant mate!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hunter Really nice to see this release! Always good to see new locations and a ton of new ideas come alive! Keep up your (perfect german) work :P

 

LJ

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the look of the targets. Would there be any chance of seeing a stand-alone release for them? Would be a pretty good little mod for the milsim types!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic map, really enjoyed it! :)

A small suggestion, perhaps besides an aiport you plan to add, you could also slightly expand the main military camp (Camp Astoria), by addind a large motorpool for tanks and other armored vehicles.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Flinty, they will be included in the hebontes_assets.pbo at first (they are already), maybe later this year.

 

Hey Damian, could you explain motorpool further? There is a pretty large technical area for tanks and vehicles already, what exactly do you mean?

 

EDIT::: Maybe a version without the CSAT hex camo is coming later

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vPzBtl33_Hunger said:

Hey Damian, could you explain motorpool further? There is a pretty large technical area for tanks and vehicles already, what exactly do you mean?

 

Perhaps something with hangars, or garages if you wish, something like that.

Otherwise the map is simply superb, gongrats!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you very much! But let me say: Usually in simple training barracks, there are no hangars or garages for tanks and such. The vehicles usually stay outside in the technical area. 

 

But I'll check it and maybe I'll add something like that in a third training camp later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My mate is in Paderborn currently, to the best of my knowledge they store their warriors in big garages. I've sent him on a recce to get me more intel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really awesome map! Great work! From the pics alone I didn't imagine the map to be this big. The vast ranges take quite some time to traverse with a tank.

 

Spoiler

A leopard in his natural environment - looks like this big cat isn't afraid of water :D

EagT0sa.jpg

pESrvlG.jpg

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I concur with the general feeling, this is a quite beautiful terrain!....It's also compatible with the vanilla versions of Sullen Skies.  :thumb: 

Spoiler

wq64hOu.jpg

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@foxhound

Why exactly is the Map downloadable at armaholic? 

 

Quote

Sorry Foxhound, but I dont want to ask for download statistics, i will reduce it to one DL plattform, propably steam or my own webside.

 Sorry but what exactly was unclear here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Helocast training at the HEBONTES Training grounds.

 

ZIEQzXp.jpg

 

8vVDT0D.jpg

 

 

Inspired by this video. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More pictures with fingolfin's Altis Armed Forces 2017 mod

 

Kamov KA-60 Flight crews brief with Altis Air Wing Operations Officer and Hebontes Range Master before beginning aircraft weapons qualifications.

F89804A195C049B47F23C17194DE101C0240157ED7FFF100143F7D829800ABD653BE2AEF706E64A7

 

A 1st Regiment Infantry Sergeant trains a troubled Private on his AT4.

99DAEE4DF064C4F5093B0405B87AB5F6E91689A5

 

A rifle section from 1st Regiment/1st Company "Hades" conducts patrol operation training.

4E88A48E6A329EFC84A635E6FEA817E3CDD6B68138A6899D00DEE10119155B012D3CEF6C856BE32DF7B805060F7755B580CCE166D4D647505F317547

 

NCO's from the Altis Armed Forces Reserves re-qualify on their issued Glock 17 pistols. 

E330D24237E55BDFBC57C328B7E463D1051F425F

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×