vPzBtl33_Hunger

HEBONTES - AAF/NATO MILITARY TRAINING GROUND

Currently in the planning stages of forming a unit based around the AAF 2017 mod using your map as our duty station and training area.

• Thanks 1

Para drop training at Hebomtes Training Grounds.

MlU5neb.jpg

On the ramp ready to jump

4karKaC.jpg

HEBONTES AAF/NATO MILITARY TRAINING GROUND

• Thanks 2

CHANGELOG, VERSION 1.1

1. Added Hebontes PopUp targets (Tank-Front, Tank-Side, Tank-Turret, IFV/APC-Front, IFV/APC-Side, IFV/APC-Side Turret, assaulting rifleman)
  2. Added Hebontes PopUp target control unit (see presentation Video) (Config by vPzBtl33_Franz)
  3. Solved various object placement issues
  4. Added Aiolos Airfield
  5. Added air to ground range

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Awesome update! 

Two questions:

1 - Where can i find the video?

1 hour ago, vPzBtl33_Hunger said:

Added Hebontes PopUp target control unit (see presentation Video) (Config by vPzBtl33_Franz)

2- Would it be possible to have colored targets in the control panel to see what targets are hit (down)? 

example:

23ct2zP.png

2 hours ago, vPzBtl33_Hunger said:

CHANGELOG, VERSION 1.1

1. Added Hebontes PopUp targets (Tank-Front, Tank-Side, Tank-Turret, IFV/APC-Front, IFV/APC-Side, IFV/APC-Side Turret, assaulting rifleman)
  2. Added Hebontes PopUp target control unit (see presentation Video) (Config by vPzBtl33_Franz)
  3. Solved various object placement issues
  4. Added Aiolos Airfield
  5. Added air to ground range

This is great!!! Where exactly can I see your presentation video?

• Like 1

Video comes tomorrow, vPzBtl33_Bix is doing it for me, he will need the time until tomorrow

• Like 2

"AAF troops From 1st Battalion & Troops from Hebontes Command and Control OPFOR Section mucking around during a break in CQB training"

B114FC7BCCDA44D2D5CE559D9A15D5FA4CD84A7E

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

URGENT

Is anyone encountering problems loading up the terrain combined with cba and ace2???

I must commend you on making a terrain that focuses on usefulness rather than just being pretty, and actually fleshing out that utility and making it feel like a real place rather than just making a couple of ranges. Very happy this made the front page and stayed there for like a week, and I hope that this encourages others to create more training ground/proving ground focused maps in the future. It's been far too long since we've had something like this and the vehicle ranges on Stratis and Tanoa are not nearly big enough to really allow people to get a feel for the heavy stuff and what they're capable of. 

I also like some of the little things, like the old amphitheater and adjacent ruins in what is otherwise a total free-fire zone, plus some other cultural touches I'll let others find for themselves. These really highlight the challenges of creating traininig ranges like this in a part of the world steeped in ancient history, and help sell the setting of it being on a Greek island :)

The addition of a small runway suitable for helicopters, light attack aircraft, and trainers, along with some islands designated for target practice is another nice touch for someone who has been gradually migrating more to DCS recently. I'm glad that an airfield was included with this update, and look forward to seeing it and the bombing ranges being fleshed out more (don't go too nuts with the craters, but looking more bombed out will be nice. Maybe some T-72, BRDM, and BMP wrecks to add some precision targets...)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much for your motivating words!! Thank you from chrissi also! Bombed out, roger that! Will edit the hightmap and textures for 1.2!

• Like 5

23 hours ago, vPzBtl33_Hunger said:

URGENT

Is anyone encountering problems loading up the terrain combined with cba and ace2???

I haven't

Okay, that was much easier than I thought...

• Thanks 1

*simulating a heavy german english accent*

Thank you for the update! Looks really intuitive and easy to use!

• Thanks 1

Update looks nice. An area with denser forest for infantry training would be nice.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brainslush said:

Update looks nice. An area with denser forest for infantry training would be nice.

Just put in som trees in the editor and make them simpel objects

Is there a training mission available for this map?

Wow! Fantastic job to all those involved in the making of those targets. Really professional job!