maestro_armero

[SOLVED] CBA A3 on a Linux dedicated Server with 1.80 for Port compatibilty

Hello, 

In a dedicated server with Linux and version 1.80 for Ports Compatibility (Linux and Mac), which version of CBA A3 should I use?  The CBA A3 3.7.1 is for compatibility with 1.82; the CBA A3 3.6.1 is for 1.80.

It means, any upgrade version is able to handle prior server/client versions?

So, do I have to update any mod to the latest version, even if I still mantain an older server/client version?

Bye and thanks

[EDITED and FINAL: well, after a new round of tests, I was able to execute and run missions on my Linux dedicated server 1.80 with CBA_A3 3.7.1 ... I thought  that this combination was not possible, but it is. My problems were others. So, yes you may update to CBA_A3 v3.7.1 in a Linux dedicated server 1.80. Post Closed]

2 hours ago, maestro_armero said:

which version of CBA A3 should I use?

Well...

Linux and version 1.80

the CBA A3 3.6.1 is for 1.80

Why ask a question if you are already answering yourself?

It means, any upgrade version is able to handle prior server/client versions?

Not sure what that should mean? Newer CBA versions don't necessarily work on older Arma versions.

So, do I have to update any mod to the latest version, even if I still mantain an older server/client version?

If the latest mod version doesn't work on your older game version. Why would it make sense to update if the mod won't work if you update?

Oh my God! :eh:

I am trying to confirm this simple, not so obvious, fact with the "expert", or do you think that we post in a forum because we don't have other things to do?  :dozingoff:

Well, ... are you trying to say that in a dedicate server 1.80, I should not update to CBA 3.7.1 and stick to 3.6.1?  

Bye and thank you for so kind help to the newbie community 

Well, ... are you trying to say that in a dedicate server 1.80, I should not update to CBA 3.7.1 and stick to 3.6.1?  

CBA 3.7.0 https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/releases/tag/v3.7.0.180430

Updates for Arma v1.82.

^ It contains Arma 1.82 stuff. 1.80 doesn't have that stuff so it won't work on the old version.

You can update if you want. But then your CBA won't work anymore.

I am trying to confirm this simple, not so obvious, fact

But you already answered yourself.

6 hours ago, maestro_armero said:

The CBA A3 3.7.1 is for compatibility with 1.82; the CBA A3 3.6.1 is for 1.80.

Or was that meant as a question? In that case sorry. There wasn't a question mark and the statement was correct. So I didn't expect it to be a question.

Many thanks. This last post, is way to help to understand.

Yes, confirmed that there is no backward compatibility between 3.7.1 and 3.6.1 in CBA (carefull programmers think about these sort of things and sometimes they care to implement them) ...

Now, yes, I am answering my own questions: "1.80 dedicated servers must stick with CBA 3.6.1 and do not proceed to update to CBA 3.7.1"

Yesterday night with the  -showScriptErrors when launching arma 2 with 3.7.1, it was demanding something related with "tanks". 

Bye and thanks 

On 16.6.2018 at 9:59 AM, maestro_armero said:

carefull programmers think about these sort of things and sometimes they care to implement them

Arma can't do that though. Not the CBA programmers fault.