Impugn

Missing File Errors Starting Game

When I go to join a game on my LAN, I get the following error:

Picture \exile_assets\texture\hud\hud_icon_connection_yellow_ca.paa not found

I am unable to click on close to get past this.  Can someone let me know:

1. How to resolve errors like this?  In other games I play, it downloads missing details as needed, but this is an issue I have seen with both Arma II and Arma III. 

2. Why can't I click on the Close button?  My mouse does everything else it needs to do just find, but it can't click on this button.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I'm going to assume that you're trying to host exile on your LAN server?  That mission needs a certain mod (I'm assuming exile_assets) to run.  
How you can resolve that error is by getting that mod, arma doesn't download mods for you automatically.  And you can't click the close button because that type of error doesn't allow you to.

The guys on the exile forum are probably going to know best how to set it up.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply stanhope.  The odd thing is that the PC hosting the game is newly installed and has no mods, so why the second PC that has had Arma3 on it for years needs that mod.

I'll check the Exile forums. 

1 hour ago, Impugn said:

The odd thing is that the PC hosting the game is newly installed and has no mods

The host needs whatever mods are required by the mission, at the very least. As Stanhope suggested, Exile uses separate client and serverside mods.