Sign in to follow this  
Furri

scud launch script

how a notplayable scud launch your missile??

i need some script of this... tnzk..

Place a player on your map.

Place a scud launcher on your map.

In the properties for the scud launcher, in the name field, type:    scud1

Have the scud launcher within view of the player.  Be sure to have the player facing the scud launcher.

Next, place a trigger near your player.

Set the Axis A to a value of 10

Set the Axis B to a value of 10

In the Activation By area, select:    West

Select "Not Present".

In the Type area, select:    Switch

In the On Activation field type:    scud1 action ["SCUD Launch"]

Put an object, or a vehicle on the edge of the trigger field so you know where the edge is in the game.  Try a flag pole or an ammo crate, a jeep, whatever.  Make sure that the object is in the direction that the player is facing.  This way you see it ahead of you when the map starts.

Next, add a second trigger next to the first trigger.

Set the Axis A to a value of 50

Set the Axis B to a value of 50

In the Activation By area, select:    West

Select "Not Present".

In the Type area, select:    Switch

In the On Activation field type:    scud1 action ["SCUD Start"]

As you did on the first trigger, place another object on the edge of the second trigger's ring.  This will help you see the edge of the second trigger in the game.  Make sure that the object is in the direction that the player is facing.  This way you see it ahead of you when the map starts.

Once you have done all this, save the map and then start it up.

You should see the scud launcher right in front of you.  You should also see the two objects you placed on the edge of each trigger.

Run towards the first object (the edge of the first trigger).  Make sure you pass by it by a foot or two, then stop.  You should see the scud launcher raise the missile.

Run towards the second object (the edge of the second trigger).  Make sure you pass by it by a foot or two, then stop.  You should see the scud missile fire into the air.

Be certain that you do not put both "action" commands on the same trigger.  If you do, then the missile will raise and fire immediately.  It won't look natural.

If you still have problems, let me know and I can e-mail you a tiny map that only does what I spoke of on this post.

I hope this helps.

Have a simpler way to make workable scuds in OPF (arma cold war assault). You just need to set some triggers for the animation to kick in and some game logics for the explosion in the area you want it to hit. This way is better than the DSF Scud add on. I tried to configure AI to fire the DSF Scud but i could only set the AI to fire a nuclear scud and i want a conventional one. So, i made this at the editor using no addons or external scripts files at all, just the regular editor. Download my mission source code and take a look, i think is the smarter solution and you can just copy and paste to your mission and modify for your needs. Mission sqm file link at video description.